Phones & Tablets

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Phones & Tablets

Post by Cal » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Motorola were owned by Google for a while anyway, so I'd imagine it's a similar experience (although Lenovo haven't been the most consumer friendly with their other devices in the last few years...). I've only heard good things about Moto recently though, and the G in particular seems to be a bargain.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:37 pm

I have an LG G3 and while the screen looks amazing, it drains the battery worse than any phone I have ever had and I've smashed 3 of them in a year.

Stay clear.
I dunno

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:46 pm

I've got a Moto G. I'd highly recommend it. Battery life is much better than the IPhone I previously had. Dropped it a couple of times and the screen hasn't cracked. I haven't had any issues with it and it was cheaper than anything else when I got it.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 am

TJR wrote:I've got a Moto G. I'd highly recommend it. Battery life is much better than the IPhone I previously had. Dropped it a couple of times and the screen hasn't cracked. I haven't had any issues with it and it was cheaper than anything else when I got it.
This, it's basically the same as phones £70 more, build quality is good. I'm really impressed
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:46 am

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
TJR wrote:I've got a Moto G. I'd highly recommend it. Battery life is much better than the IPhone I previously had. Dropped it a couple of times and the screen hasn't cracked. I haven't had any issues with it and it was cheaper than anything else when I got it.
This, it's basically the same as phones £70 more, build quality is good. I'm really impressed
Just bought one based almost entirely on what you two have said, it had better be good.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:47 am

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:
Just bought one based almost entirely on what you two have said, it had better be good.
<kray>

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 am

<neg>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:06 am

I switched onto giff gaff when I got my new phone, its pretty good if you don't want to commit to these huge contracts everyone offers

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:09 am

Don Sholeone wrote:I switched onto giff gaff when I got my new phone, its pretty good if you don't want to commit to these huge contracts everyone offers
Ditto and they are quite flexible with regards to changing plans

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:24 pm

I like my overpriced phone and expensive contract thank you very much!
Kindly deeds done for free!

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 am

Cisse's Overheating Torso wrote:This, it's basically the same as phones £70 more, build quality is good. I'm really impressed
AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:Just bought one based almost entirely on what you two have said, it had better be good.
TJR wrote:Not that much of an issue, just something minor but with the new width for mobile viewing the player smilies are too big. Only three fit on a line so the LB becomes a DM.
beardface wrote:Fits fine on the iPhone 6 <roll>
bigbaldydave wrote:Looks fine on Galaxy S6 too.
What have I done? <neg>

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Phone upgrade is due soon , currently have a piece of s*** iPhone 5C. Don't really want to get another iPhone as I am sick of the s*** battery life , s*** memory on the phone and just generally sick of them. Thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S6? Anyone on here got one and are they any good?
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 am

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Phone upgrade is due soon , currently have a piece of s*** iPhone 5C. Don't really want to get another iPhone as I am sick of the s*** battery life , s*** memory on the phone and just generally sick of them. Thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S6? Anyone on here got one and are they any good?
I had a Galaxy s5 and didn't like it. Far too big, and just didn't feel right.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:34 am

Iron Mikes Tiny Eyes wrote:Phone upgrade is due soon , currently have a piece of s*** iPhone 5C. Don't really want to get another iPhone as I am sick of the s*** battery life , s*** memory on the phone and just generally sick of them. Thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S6? Anyone on here got one and are they any good?
I've just got an iPhone 6s on my upgrade and its very good. Battery life is by far the best I've ever experienced with Apple.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:03 pm

I hate Samsung phones. If I had to get anything at the minute it would probably be a Motorola or Nexus.
I dunno

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:57 pm

HTC rumoured to be making the new Nexus phone; I might actually upgrade from my M7 <divax>.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I want Nexus phones to be cheap again. <cry>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:05 pm

I say this and then I see Moto are having a nice sale, and I can get 15% further off... Moto X 32GB (2014) for £169 after discount, Moto X Play 16GB for £212.

My Nexus 4 is losing battery performance fast, and I'm constantly hovering around the low storage warning. The X doesn't exactly have stellar battery and no SD card slot though. <neg>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 pm

I ordered a 7500mah battery for my G3. I don't know if there's something wrong with my phone or if the batteries are just s*** but I cant go maybe 10 hours at the minute without charging it. I use it a lot though.
I dunno

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Duke wrote:I ordered a 7500mah battery for my G3. I don't know if there's something wrong with my phone or if the batteries are just s*** but I cant go maybe 10 hours at the minute without charging it. I use it a lot though.
If you use it a lot the battery dies quicker <ok>. I can draw you a graph if you'd like.
Kindly deeds done for free!