Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Wed May 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Can we please call it CDO

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed May 11, 2022 7:36 pm

....but also a fellow anxious/stressed/panicky person here with some OCD tendencies and a citalopram taker for many a year now

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 13, 2022 1:41 pm

Respect to you originallad for discussing such an important and personal issue <gent>

I've been prescribed fluoxetine for about 10 years to combat depression brought on by my ongoing health issues (be 13 years in June), but for reasons of my own I have never taken them. Mainly because I have self determined that feeling down is a rational reaction to my circumstances and that i should be more worried if I was feeling okay about it. And not wanting to alter my mental state chemically when I am positive that all I need to feel better is an improvement in my circumstances. My doctors disagree so it is an ongoing debate with them.

But your comment about people dismissing mental health issues are totally on point, in my opinion people who have not been there rarely seem to understand or treat mental health issues as being on a par with physical ones. Unfortunately i'm not sure that will change anytime soon, neither do I have any ideas how to bring it about.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 4:45 pm

Had the operation to remove it and biopsy results show it is a benign tumour but been booked in for a few more tests and scans for clarity just to check me out.

Huge sigh of relief!

Anywho. So far myself and NUFC are safe for the rest of the season so that deserves beers aplenty. Just don't tell my GP <laugh>

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 13, 2022 5:08 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:45 pm
Had the operation to remove it and biopsy results show it is a benign tumour but been booked in for a few more tests and scans for clarity just to check me out.

Huge sigh of relief!

Anywho. So far myself and NUFC are safe for the rest of the season so that deserves beers aplenty. Just don't tell my GP <laugh>
That is fantastic news oT! Must be a massive weight off your shoulders!

And meh, what your GP doesn't know won't hurt him. Think i'll toast your health myself tonight ... numerous times probably! <cheers>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:08 pm
overseasTOON wrote:

Huge sigh of relief!

And meh, what your GP doesn't know won't hurt him. Think i'll toast your health myself tonight ... numerous times probably! <cheers>
Huge relief.

MiniOT starts GCSE exams shortly so I didn't tell anyone in the family so she could focus without inadvertently being told.

Even when the tests and results from scans come back still remaining quiet though until she's done.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:08 pm

Huge relief.

MiniOT starts GCSE exams shortly so I didn't tell anyone in the family so she could focus without inadvertently being told.

Even when the tests and results from scans come back still remaining quiet though until she's done.
Good idea. Exams are about the most stressful thing kids go through so good to avoid adding any more pressure or stress. She'll probably notice her dad is looking more cheerful anyway and that will be good news enough for her even if she doesn't know why!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 6:17 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Huge relief.

Good idea. Exams are about the most stressful thing kids go through so good to avoid adding any more pressure or stress. She'll probably notice her dad is looking more cheerful anyway and that will be good news enough for her even if she doesn't know why!
She's had a sort of slow yet relentless build up of pressure from the school over the last 5 months as she's one of the top students. I mean, the school is s*** but at least she's one of the best they are pinning hopes in for results to drag up the average

Mrs OT does the hard work with working through previous exam papers, pop quizzes etc and ensuring she has tutors for the subjects to nail top grades and bring D's up to C's

My job is to keep her sane. Let her know it's just a few months. Work hard and get a reward with her friend coming to Italy. I bake biscuits. Im there for stress relief if she wants to vent at the bottom of the garden or play GTA and have a laugh.

There was never a chance I'd tell her what was going on with me. She's got 6 more weeks to crack on and focus and my appointment might be in the next 10 weeks. I can cope and live with it even if miffed at 10 weeks (I have private and still it's impacted)

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Sat May 14, 2022 10:34 am

overseasTOON wrote:

Huge sigh of relief!

<ok>

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 7:36 pm
....but also a fellow anxious/stressed/panicky person here with some OCD tendencies and a citalopram taker for many a year now
Haha, seems like it's the in thing at the moment!

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat May 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:41 pm
Respect to you originallad for discussing such an important and personal issue <gent>

I've been prescribed fluoxetine for about 10 years to combat depression brought on by my ongoing health issues (be 13 years in June), but for reasons of my own I have never taken them. Mainly because I have self determined that feeling down is a rational reaction to my circumstances and that i should be more worried if I was feeling okay about it. And not wanting to alter my mental state chemically when I am positive that all I need to feel better is an improvement in my circumstances. My doctors disagree so it is an ongoing debate with them.

But your comment about people dismissing mental health issues are totally on point, in my opinion people who have not been there rarely seem to understand or treat mental health issues as being on a par with physical ones. Unfortunately i'm not sure that will change anytime soon, neither do I have any ideas how to bring it about.
Cheers matey. Yeah, I don't think it will change in our life times unfortunately.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat May 14, 2022 3:15 pm

Glad the op and biopsy results went well OT 👍

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat May 14, 2022 3:27 pm

Good news OT. Having a toast to your health now
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sun May 15, 2022 12:51 am

Nice one OT <divadance>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 15, 2022 9:09 am

Good news OT , hope you can enjoy the game tomorrow with a couple of low fat, low carb, high alcohol beverages

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Mon May 16, 2022 10:30 am

overseasTOON wrote:

Huge sigh of relief!

Not posted in quite a while, but something made me pop my head in and I've just read your recent posts in this thread. Anyway, I'm pleased the op went well and that the biopsy results were good news <ok>

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon May 16, 2022 11:56 pm

Pissing with the light off because you dont want to wake anyone up. f***ing mayhem.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 17, 2022 6:34 am

originallad wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:56 pm
Pissing with the light off because you dont want to wake anyone up. f***ing mayhem.
<laugh>

When you hear the reassuring splash of piss on water it’s not too bad, just got to focus on maintaining a straight stream…hitting the water in the first place is fraught with danger <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Tue May 17, 2022 11:00 am

You barbaric apes should just do a sit down wee like a real man

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue May 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Sir Bobby wrote: