Total votes: 62

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:09 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
I get the need to make a profit but it costs a fiver for a whole bag of limes an actual mint plant and 2 litres of soda water which can probably make you at least 10-15 drinks, add an extra 15 or so for a bottle of rum, and you are probably looking at an actual cost of just under £2, so even on a specials happy hour they are getting a profit of at least £3, Then All other times they are getting a profit of £8 per drink that means 1 drink sold pays for the next 15 or so drinks.
I'm assuming this bar has staff, power, water, furniture, a license, music, a DJ, an actual venue etc etc. Yes they're still probably making a nice profit, but it definitely won't be £8!
Oh yeah, definitely some overheads etc. to cover!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:21 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
I get the need to make a profit but it costs a fiver for a whole bag of limes an actual mint plant and 2 litres of soda water which can probably make you at least 10-15 drinks, add an extra 15 or so for a bottle of rum, and you are probably looking at an actual cost of just under £2, so even on a specials happy hour they are getting a profit of at least £3, Then All other times they are getting a profit of £8 per drink that means 1 drink sold pays for the next 15 or so drinks.
I'm assuming this bar has staff, power, water, furniture, a license, music, a DJ, an actual venue etc etc. Yes they're still probably making a nice profit, but it definitely won't be £8!
Sorry but if you need to overcharge massively on your goods just to stay in business then maybe you need to re-evaluate whether they are fit to actually run a business. I'm pretty sure an £8 profit on goods isnt needed, also I bet I could walk up to the bar and buy a lime and soda water and a single rum for less than half the price of the drink as it is, all I'm missing is the mint, lob in a polo and jobs a good un

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:30 pm

You're also paying for 'the experience' as well if it's a nice place.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sorry but if you need to overcharge massively on your goods just to stay in business then maybe you need to re-evaluate whether they are fit to actually run a business. I'm pretty sure an £8 profit on goods isnt needed, also I bet I could walk up to the bar and buy a lime and soda water and a single rum for less than half the price of the drink as it is, all I'm missing is the mint, lob in a polo and jobs a good un
So I'm guessing this one won't make it to a second date <laugh>

What's £10 on a drink if you get laid/she's the one (delete as appropriate)?
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:10 pm

Let's face it, even if you only got a handjob out of it then it's not bad value <laugh>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:You're also paying for 'the experience' as well if it's a nice place.
This. If there were two bars next door to each other, one selling £3 cocktails and the other selling £10 cocktails, I'd probably opt for the latter. Not because I'm a d*******, it's just less likely to be full of lasses wearing pink cowboy hats and meatheads drinking Fosters out of plastic pint cups.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
This is the stupidest sentence I've read on this website.
REQUIEM

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
Would you pay £10 for a main course in a restaurant? The cost of the ingredients probably isn't vastly different.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Ramone wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
You sound like you have some business knowledge, tell me more <awe>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
Would you pay £10 for a main course in a restaurant? The cost of the ingredients probably isn't vastly different.
Mixing together 1 drink in no way equates to cooking a main course, anyone can work a bar not everyone can work a kitchen.

PFT
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PFT » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 pm

I take it she didn't put out then?
formerly known as Bigi Bigi Bigi Can't You See & IMTE

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 am

From how upset you are, I'm assuming you found out that she was in fact a he...?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:31 am

<laugh>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 am

Ramone wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:
<laugh> High praise indeed.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Perch's First Touch wrote:I take it she didn't put out then?
No <fist>

Lol to be fair it turned out really well and spent 4 hours together, ended up at a nice little independent coffee shop with a nice log fire, few latte and a greek platter to share, went to an art gallery and a couple of museums, we are planning on a second date too <awe> ;)

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 pm

When your mother in law, who is living with you for free temporarily for over a year, constantly criticizes you to your kids.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Hjl wrote:When your mother in law, who is living with you for free temporarily for over a year, constantly criticizes you to your kids.
No wonder you turn to drink <laugh>

My mother-in-law can't stay at my house. She's disabled and we've no downstairs toilet. She can't even visit for more than an hour or so <diva>

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Hjl wrote:When your mother in law, who is living with you for free temporarily for over a year, constantly criticizes you to your kids.

My mother-in-law can't stay at my house. She's disabled and we've no downstairs toilet. She can't even visit for more than an hour or so <diva>
That was cleverly designed by you.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Hjl wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

It works well <cheers>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Hjl wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I imagine his house still has a few hatchet marks in the wall from where he hacked the downstairs toilet out. <laugh>