Tomski
16%

Total votes: 62

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Schools forcing parents to pay up for **** school trips.

My sister is a single parent on a low income and in January (great timing, right after Xmas...) and before summer there are two compulsory trips that my nephew has to go on with school. One is a coach trip to Paris for 2-3 days, not sure what the other is. Do these retards in charge have no comprehension of how expensive life is right now for a lot of people? It's nearly £1,000 for both trips, utter madness to expect every family to be able to afford that. As a result my sister can't really do Christmas this year as the money she would have used is now needed to pay for a school trip. It's utterly ridiculous. I don't really give a crap that she can't get me a present, it's the fact that it makes here feel like crap as she's having to let everyone know that she can't afford Christmas this year because the morons who run the school have organised these compulsory trips.

I'm sure that we all had school trips as kids which were fun, but were they central or essential to my education? Absolutely not.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm

MiniOT was doing French GCSE so the school arranged a trip to France for a three days and we paid up the £350 in advance.

They spent 2 hours in Paris and then 2 days in Disneyland Paris.

I was livid because at no point would she even have to speak French in a theme park so what was the point of the damn trip.

Wrote an open letter to the school stating we'd only paid for the trip based on it having educational value as the kids would get to practice speaking French and experience French culture.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:11 am

Thinking you had a service plan on your car but then finding out it only covered the first 2 services so have to cough up £255...happy Monday ****!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:37 am

Spent entire weekend so far in the snow centre in Hemel Hempstead and a crappy Holiday Inn so miniOT can finish off her DofE skiing certificate and have it on her uni application.

So damned bored of this place having spent nigh on 13 hours in the snow place over three days and have to wait until 12 to have a beer.

I'm actually salivating at the thought of a pint <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 pm

Nobody tell kids that most uni’s will accept anyone so long as they’re paying the fees <roll>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:51 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 pm
Nobody tell kids that most uni’s will accept anyone so long as they’re paying the fees <roll>
She wants to study medicine so has a tonne of additional hoops to jump through to prove to the good unis that she's wanted to be a doctor ever since she was a feotus. It's insane the additional work and experience she has to have on the application to even be considered.

If she screws up really badly she can likely still attend Sunderland <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:32 am

Fair enough, medicine is a bit different. Most course if you can spell your own name correctly then you’re in!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:34 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:51 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 pm
She wants to study medicine so has a tonne of additional hoops to jump through to prove to the good unis that she's wanted to be a doctor ever since she was a feotus. It's insane the additional work and experience she has to have on the application to even be considered.

If she screws up really badly she can likely still attend Sunderland <laugh>
Obviously she wants to get in the best place. But a good thing about medicine (outside of research), is once you start to practise, where you studied doesn't count as much. Like you work hard during F1/2 to build a portfolio for whatever speciality you wanna go into
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:35 pm

Another mass shooting in the US, but still need guns tho don't they...

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:35 pm
Another mass shooting in the US, but still need guns tho don't they...
This shooting was done by a gun instructor so he's technically one of the "good guy with a gun" types that 2A supporters have been claiming is all that's needed to stop mass shootings.

It'll be thoughts and prayers and total inaction afterwards until the next mass shooting in a few days time.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 am

Unnecessarily long, pretentious films.

Killers of the Flower Moon...it was fine, but they could easily have cut an hour out of it and it would have been none the worse for it. 3.5 hours is completely unnecessary other than someone wanting to be totally self-indulgent.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:28 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 am

Killers of the Flower Moon...it was fine, but they could easily have cut an hour out of it and it would have been none the worse for it. 3.5 hours is completely unnecessary other than someone wanting to be totally self-indulgent.
No film in the history of cinema has ever been justified in having a 3+ hour run time (not including credits) even ones I've enjoyed, I only really enjoyed them for around 2H 30 minutes and found the rest very frustrating to get through, prime example for me is Lord of the Rings.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:07 am

Finally watched it but at home. It took 5 hours to get through with constant breaks to go to the toilet, cook dinner or something else like wash up rather than carry on watching the film because after about 90 minutes I gave up caring.

I finished it and thought the film was a bit crap overall and likely due to the fact that I had to make it stop and start due to it's longevity. I know if I'd been to the cinema to watch it, I can't last that long so would have missed chunks of it.

Agree with the self indulgence. When I finish work I usually have about 5 hours of the day that's not work or sleep and in that time I've got s*** to do.

The adage was a perfect pop song was 3 minutes. Any more than that just showed you didn't know how to end it... And a fade out just highlights that!!

Same with movies. 90 mins is best - 120 at a stretch but that extra 30 has to be worth it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:15 am

We've not had any hate in 2024...

People at the gym who don't put their weights away. Someone had been deadlifting >200kg and just left the bar with all the weight at the end - wanker! Probably the same assholes who sit in their car eating a McDonald's and just throw the rubbish out the window. I'd cut their hands off.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:15 am

People at the gym who don't put their weights away. Someone had been deadlifting >200kg and just left the bar with all the weight at the end - wanker! Probably the same assholes who sit in their car eating a McDonald's and just throw the rubbish out the window. I'd cut their hands off.
The what? <scratch>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:43 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

People at the gym who don't put their weights away. Someone had been deadlifting >200kg and just left the bar with all the weight at the end - w*****! Probably the same assholes who sit in their car eating a McDonald's and just throw the rubbish out the window. I'd cut their hands off.
The what? <scratch>
It’s where people with no hobbies go <roll>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:24 am

ALF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:05 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

People at the gym who don't put their weights away. Someone had been deadlifting >200kg and just left the bar with all the weight at the end - w*****! Probably the same assholes who sit in their car eating a McDonald's and just throw the rubbish out the window. I'd cut their hands off.

The what? <scratch>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:54 pm

Google ads, I think?

I've not done anything to them in years and have disabled their auto placement since I don't trust it and wanted to keep them out of the way - I accept that they'll not make enough to cover the costs, not worth making the site worse - but looks like they suddenly decided to be more intrusive on here?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:05 pm

Cal wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:54 pm
Google ads, I think?

I've not done anything to them in years and have disabled their auto placement since I don't trust it and wanted to keep them out of the way - I accept that they'll not make enough to cover the costs, not worth making the site worse - but looks like they suddenly decided to be more intrusive on here?
Can’t say I’ve noticed tbf!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08 am

Cal wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:54 pm
Google ads, I think?

Just noticed the ads. When the hell did I look at shipping containers? <laugh>