The Message of Hate Thread

Who is more s***?

Micky Quim
18
31%
Mifune
31
53%
Tomski
10
17%
 
Total votes: 59

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21152
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by ALF » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm

But I agree.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23756
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 am

ALF wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:43 pm
But I agree.
It's just a cowardly way of trying not to lose an argument. It's no better than just saying "rattled."
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Thought I could fit in a quick run to the tip at lunch so drove down there, unloaded everything and then my key fob ran out of battery and I couldn't even unlock the doors to get to my phone and ask the wife to bring me the spare set.

Spent 45 minutes walking down the road nipping into every shop to see if they sold the battery and no-one did but spotted a Jag/Land Rover
car dealership further down who charged me £16 for a £2 battery.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29197
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:31 pm

<laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23756
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:32 am

f*** you Cal <laugh>
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:18 am

Building my new desk yesterday and gave up after 3 hours. The instructions show 6 easy steps to successfully build your desk which I followed exactly but when I got to step 5 – I spent an hour trying to work out how I attach the legs, to no avail.

At that point, I downed tools and a few beers and eventually worked out that if I do step 5 & 6 as I’m doing step 2 – it’ll work. Today I’ll dismantle everything back to step 2 and start again.

Quite how the instructions could be so utterly wrong is beyond me. At least with IKEA instructions; they're in the right order!

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9129
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Speedo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:18 am
Building my new desk yesterday and gave up after 3 hours. The instructions show 6 easy steps to successfully build your desk which I followed exactly but when I got to step 5 – I spent an hour trying to work out how I attach the legs, to no avail.

At that point, I downed tools and a few beers and eventually worked out that if I do step 5 & 6 as I’m doing step 2 – it’ll work. Today I’ll dismantle everything back to step 2 and start again.

Quite how the instructions could be so utterly wrong is beyond me. At least with IKEA instructions; they're in the right order!
Was it Amazon? Some of those instructions are properly ropey.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:24 am

Speedo wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:18 am
Building my new desk yesterday and gave up after 3 hours. The instructions show 6 easy steps to successfully build your desk which I followed exactly but when I got to step 5 – I spent an hour trying to work out how I attach the legs, to no avail.

At that point, I downed tools and a few beers and eventually worked out that if I do step 5 & 6 as I’m doing step 2 – it’ll work. Today I’ll dismantle everything back to step 2 and start again.

Quite how the instructions could be so utterly wrong is beyond me. At least with IKEA instructions; they're in the right order!
Was it Amazon? Some of those instructions are properly ropey.
Yep. As we don't have a vast amount of space I bought a desk that also converts into a shelf unit so I can fold it up and out the way when not working. It's an absolute beast to put together with some badly drilled bits I've had to use a hammer to get the bolts through. The instructions show you only need a tiny wrench and hex key...

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9129
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Speedo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:53 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:24 am
Speedo wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am


Was it Amazon? Some of those instructions are properly ropey.
Yep. As we don't have a vast amount of space I bought a desk that also converts into a shelf unit so I can fold it up and out the way when not working. It's an absolute beast to put together with some badly drilled bits I've had to use a hammer to get the bolts through. The instructions show you only need a tiny wrench and hex key...
Ha that sounds familiar. I also got a desk there - the instructions were written in Google Translate english. Luckily it was a sufficiently simple unit and I could figure it out... Decent desk now it's up though!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm

I built my desk. Good thing I didn't complain to their Customer Services as I'd likely have been labelled the acronym for "Customer Uninformed. Needed Training". Turns out I made a mistake in step 3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23756
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm
I built my desk. Good thing I didn't complain to their Customer Services as I'd likely have been labelled the acronym for "Customer Uninformed. Needed Training". Turns out I made a mistake in step 3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Goodbye knees!
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:00 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm
I built my desk. Good thing I didn't complain to their Customer Services as I'd likely have been labelled the acronym for "Customer Uninformed. Needed Training". Turns out I made a mistake in step 3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Goodbye knees!
One side for me and the other for the missus as miniOT refuses to allow anyone to use her desk in her room.

Online
User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 11082
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:00 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:46 pm


Goodbye knees!
One side for me and the other for the missus as miniOT refuses to allow anyone to use her desk in her room.
Aww you can stare lovingly into your wife's eyes when you are working
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20510
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:00 pm


One side for me and the other for the missus as miniOT refuses to allow anyone to use her desk in her room.
Aww you can stare lovingly into your wife's eyes when you are working
She likes to work in absolute silence and I'll want the radio on so it's most likely going to be loathing rather than loving <laugh>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29197
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:53 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm


Aww you can stare lovingly into your wife's eyes when you are working
She likes to work in absolute silence and I'll want the radio on so it's most likely going to be loathing rather than loving <laugh>
Like any good long term marriage <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Online
User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 11082
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:58 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm


Aww you can stare lovingly into your wife's eyes when you are working
She likes to work in absolute silence and I'll want the radio on so it's most likely going to be loathing rather than loving <laugh>
Should we club together and buy OT some noise cancelling headphones to save his marriage?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8879
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:44 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm
I built my desk. Good thing I didn't complain to their Customer Services as I'd likely have been labelled the acronym for "Customer Uninformed. Needed Training". Turns out I made a mistake in step 3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
To be fair that looks f***ing complicated

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29197
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:44 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:32 pm
I built my desk. Good thing I didn't complain to their Customer Services as I'd likely have been labelled the acronym for "Customer Uninformed. Needed Training". Turns out I made a mistake in step 3.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
To be fair that looks f***ing complicated
I thought that <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29197
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 pm

People who reply to an Outlook meeting invitation with an email saying 'I'll be there' rather than just accepting the invite.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23756
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 pm
People who reply to an Outlook meeting invitation with an email saying 'I'll be there' rather than just accepting the invite.
Accept the invite and don't send a response like a normal person.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Post Reply