The Most Painful Injury Thread

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

The Most Painful Injury Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:56 pm

When playing basketball in year 6 at school, I was nudged from behind and stubbed my big toe on the base of the standalone net thing. It smashed my toenail into my toe, causing a hairline fracture in the process. It was pretty f***ing painful then, but the worst was yet to come. f*** knows what the procedure was for, but the doctor said the initial injection would numb my toe meaning I wouldn't feel a thing. The lying cronut - I felt f***ing everything. He was using a miniature blowtorch to burn two small holes in the nail and it was absolutely excruciating. Being burnt on your tougher outer skin hurts, so imagine what it feels like when someone is burning the skin under your nail <puke>. What's more, it did abolutely nothing to help.

Perhaps you've been vigourously enjoying some natural art work and snapped your banjo, or you were jogging in the park and caught an eyeball on a protruding branch. I'm sure you all have far more painful stories than mine, so please share them <gent>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Re: The Most Painful Injury Thread

Post by Duke » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Was jumping over a barbed wire fence in my youth, as I leaped off it the underside of my middle finger got caught on a barb and the momentum of my mid-air body ripped my finger nearly off. It wasn't that painful because of the adrenaline to be honest though
I dunno

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Surely the adrenaline wore off at some stage and then it became quite painful...

<divax>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

The most painful bit was when the guy had to inject the anaesthetic and tetnis into the raw flesh, several times. The stitches were quite painful too which was annoying after all the pain I went through to ensure they wouldn't be

<wenger>.

Had to wait like 3 hours with some blue roll wrapped round it trying to stop the bleeding before I got it looked at, I lost quite a bit of blood considering it was just a finger.

edit: I still have the finger btw ( <divadance> ) and it works fine except it's numb round the scar
Last edited by Duke on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I dunno

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Nobodies injury will be anywhere near as painful as QWOP's was emotionally when he simultaneously s*** and pissed himself in a room full of school kids.
I dunno

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 pm

When I was 14, playing rugby, a scrum collapsed with me at the bottom. The weight of about 9 people was unluckily transferred to my ribs via someones knee, snapping a rib. It was actually pretty dangerous. The snapped rib actually punctured my lung so they filled up with blood. If paramedics had not been 100m away my life would have been in serious question.

That's not actually the most painful experience I've ever had though. Breaking my "funny bone". Now that's painful.
Last edited by Heisen on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

HeisenMag wrote:When I was 14, playing rugby, a scrum collapsed with me at the bottom. The weight of about 9 people was unluckily transferred to my ribs via someone knee, snapping a rib. It was actually pretty dangerous. The snapped rib actually punctured my lung so my they filled up with blood. If paramedics had not been 100m away my life would have been in serious question.

That's not actually the most painful experience I've ever had though. Breaking my "funny bone". Now that's painful.
<applause> this I did it in 2 places and I kid you not it was excruciating that said I have worse
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:19 pm

HeisenMag wrote:When I was 14, playing rugby, a scrum collapsed with me at the bottom. The weight of about 9 people was unluckily transferred to my ribs via someone knee, snapping a rib. It was actually pretty dangerous. The snapped rib actually punctured my lung so my they filled up with blood. If paramedics had not been 100m away my life would have been in serious question.

Holy f*** <erk>. My Dad snapped his ankle playing rugby when he was 15/16. He ended up with the entire bone smashed to s*** and only the muscle and skin holding his foot on.

I f***ing hate the funny bone. Nothing funny about it <wenger>.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:

Holy f*** <erk>. My Dad snapped his ankle playing rugby when he was 15/16. He ended up with the entire bone smashed to s*** and only the muscle and skin holding his foot on.

I f****** hate the funny bone. Nothing funny about it <wenger>.
I haven't played since tbh <erk> not worth it, I could have died, it's a good sport but you have to get f***ing battered every week, just not worth it

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 pm

KingoStarr wrote:

<applause> this I did it in 2 places and I kid you not it was excruciating that said I have worse
I was 19 when I broke it and I cried like a little girl all the way to the hospital, it was immensely f***ing painful, even thinking about it makes me cringe <erk>

The Situation
No Thanks, I'm Full
No Thanks, I'm Full

Post by The Situation » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Once dropped a lamp on my foot.........

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 pm

The Situation wrote:Once dropped a lamp on my foot.........
Easily the most painful injury so far <applause>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:40 pm

cut the back of my head open once (to the bone, lost about a pint of blood, but that wasnt the painful part), and i had to get it stapled back together with some sort of medical staple gun. Unfortunately, said fancy medical gadget was faulty and only succeeded in stapling itself to my skull and staying attached (instead of releasing the staple), which then had to be violently wrenched out, the highly skilled medical practitioner decided to do this twice more before deciding to use a different staple gun.

oh and i broke my coccyx once, hurt for like a month.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Perhaps amazingly, given that hilarious holiday story, I've never broken a leg or arm or anything before. Most painful is probably cracking my skull on a marble hearth as a kid and needing it stitched up, then several months later cracking it open in exactly the same place again against a doorstep. I don't even remember the second time <erk>.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Beatski wrote:cut the back of my head open once (to the bone, lost about a pint of blood, but that wasnt the painful part), and i had to get it stapled back together with some sort of medical staple gun. Unfortunately, said fancy medical gadget was faulty and only succeeded in stapling itself to my skull and staying attached (instead of releasing the staple), which then had to be violently wrenched out, the highly skilled medical practitioner decided to do this twice more before deciding to use a different staple gun.

oh and i broke my coccyx once, hurt for like a month.
Jesus <erk>.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 pm

I also broke my collar bone when I was about 8. Me and my brothers birthdays are both in September and my parents decided to get us our presents at the start of summer holidays as they were two bikes. Couldn't ride it for 10 weeks and had to watch that little s*** on his. Worst summer holidays ever <wenger>.
I dunno

Minty Fresh
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Minty Fresh » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 pm

skalpel wrote:Perhaps amazingly, given that hilarious holiday story, I've never broken a leg or arm or anything before. Most painful is probably cracking my skull on a marble hearth as a kid and needing it stitched up, then several months later cracking it open in exactly the same place again against a doorstep. I don't even remember the second time <erk>.
I've cracked my head open twice in the space of two months too. <awe>

I also stepped barefoot on a Lego brick once; the most painful experience known to man. <ok>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Standing on a plug too, obviously.

Had a total mind blank once when I saw a fly land on my crotch. Flicked it and managed to catch a ball <cry>. That really hurt.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah, upturned UK plug is definitely the most horrific pain you can endure without severing skin.

Edit - Just read the second half of BGD's post. I stand corrected <grim>.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Hyperextending a joint is absolutely agonising too.