The Most Painful Injury Thread

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Re: The Most Painful Injury Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm

I actually have a rage headache behind my eyes.
Kindly deeds done for free!

cbrad NUFC
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by cbrad NUFC » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Cal wrote:If Haidara was a member here he'd have something to add to this now.
How did I know someone would put that up here.

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 am

When I was 15 (I think) I was on holiday standing with my back facing the pool when my sister thought it would be a f***ing class idea to push me in. Instead of me flying comically through the air into the cold but nonetheless soft water I sort of slipped backwards and lost my footing. My shin scraped down the side of the pool, tearing the skin off down to the bone. I was left with this horrible gash where the flesh had been torn off and it had this horrible goo inside for weeks. Touching the scar and talking about it still makes me cringe.
REQUIEM

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 am

Tirer le Ryan Oison Une wrote:<cry> I'll take that about the stapler but the rest weren't my fault.

Well the quad bike was but that was stupidity. I tried to take my shirt off going down hill round a corner and it got caught on my head <neg>
<laugh>!
QWOP wrote:I was 12 at the time and faked an illness to bunk off school. I was eating Super Noodles and watching Neighbours because I was bored. Anyway, I felt a sneeze come on and I spilled burning hot noodle juice onto my leg. All I can remember is screaming and seeing my skin swell up into some sort of puffy island. Suffice to say, my trousers were stuck to my leg, everyone called me "noodle boy" at school and 14 years later I still have this huge scar on my thigh.

I never bunked off school again <grim>
I've done something similar but slightly worse. I got home late one night completely trashed and hungry, I had the choice between some microwave rice or a Pot Noodle. I thought as a kettle was less sophisticated than a microwave the noodles would be easier to cook while drunk. After pouring the water in I sat down and started stirring them with a fork, which is a real f*** on to start with because they stay in one massive lump. I'd showered as soon as I got in so all I was wearing was a dressing gown which was hanging open because I'd put it on inside out and couldn't find the rope thing (don't know what it's called) to do it up. In my drunken struggle to stir the solid pot-shaped lump of noodles I somehow managed to scoop half of them into my exposed lap. It vaguely registered at the time that it would hurt in the morning but I was more pissed off about losing half my food, I did toy briefly with the idea of scraping the noodles off my bollocks and back into the pot but in the end decided to just throw the lot in the bin and do some rice instead. I woke up the next morning with agonising scalds to my hands and bollocks. <wah>

Sammy's Mohawk
Joel's Goals

Post by Sammy's Mohawk » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:
Tirer le Ryan Oison Une wrote:<cry> I'll take that about the stapler but the rest weren't my fault.

Well the quad bike was but that was stupidity. I tried to take my shirt off going down hill round a corner and it got caught on my head <neg>
<laugh>!
QWOP wrote:I was 12 at the time and faked an illness to bunk off school. I was eating Super Noodles and watching Neighbours because I was bored. Anyway, I felt a sneeze come on and I spilled burning hot noodle juice onto my leg. All I can remember is screaming and seeing my skin swell up into some sort of puffy island. Suffice to say, my trousers were stuck to my leg, everyone called me "noodle boy" at school and 14 years later I still have this huge scar on my thigh.

I never bunked off school again <grim>
I've done something similar but slightly worse. I got home late one night completely trashed and hungry, I had the choice between some microwave rice or a Pot Noodle. I thought as a kettle was less sophisticated than a microwave the noodles would be easier to cook while drunk. After pouring the water in I sat down and started stirring them with a fork, which is a real f*** on to start with because they stay in one massive lump. I'd showered as soon as I got in so all I was wearing was a dressing gown which was hanging open because I'd put it on inside out and couldn't find the rope thing (don't know what it's called) to do it up. In my drunken struggle to stir the solid pot-shaped lump of noodles I somehow managed to scoop half of them into my exposed lap. It vaguely registered at the time that it would hurt in the morning but I was more pissed off about losing half my food, I did toy briefly with the idea of scraping the noodles off my bollocks and back into the pot but in the end decided to just throw the lot in the bin and do some rice instead. I woke up the next morning with agonising scalds to my hands and bollocks. <wah>
I can't be bothered to read all of this so i will just take the last line and presume you were wanking over a boiling kettle.
“I’m not going to look beyond the semi-final – but I would love to lead Newcastle out at the final.”

“We can’t replace Gary Speed. Where do you get an experienced player like him with a left foot and a head?”

“We didn’t underestimate them at all – they were just a lot better than we thought they were.”

The deluded fanny magnet
Bruce's Bacon

Post by The deluded fanny magnet » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 am

In my teens i came off my racing bike at speed, the serrated metal pedal gouged a big hole in the back of my left leg. After cycling home my mum decided to call the doctor who told my parents to hold me down on the couch and proceeded to give me six stitches. You could hear the howls for miles.

...and once upon a time, i was climbing into the school yard once, with matches, over one of those wooden pike-like fences. The top of the fence snapped and my knee-cap was punctured by the next spike along, splitting it straight through, I then landed on the fence on my stomach knocking the wind out of me. I fell backwards onto the grass hitting my head and landing in some dog poo. I think there was some pain somewhere <erk>
I need to replicate more, any volunteers?
‘I never comment on referees and I’m not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat.’
‘I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God, that must have been one hell of a pass'

EastMidlandMagpie
Bruce's Bacon

Post by EastMidlandMagpie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Towards the end of last season I had been out on the piss on the Friday night, woke up Saturday morning and had a feeling that I shouldn't got to football as something bad was going to happen (in reality i was just hungover) went a long anyway and for some strange reason ended up going in goal with our normal keeper playing CB.

Anyway, around 70 minutes in the opposition get a corner, ends up as a goalmouth scramble, i get a hand on the ball then the next thing i know they've scored.

Then i start to realise i cant feel my fingers, take of my goalie glove and my fingers are all crooked and one was literally hanging down like a flacid cock.

Me being a badass, decided i would just continue playing upfront instead, resulting in me falling on my hand and f***ing it even more.

By the time the game is over and i get to A&E the xray showed that my bones resembled a plate of spaghetti

Nurse said she has never seen anything like it, but due to having private healthcare :bandit: and an 9 hour operation my hand is now mostly titanium, oh and in my first game back after the injury i was given the captains arm band so it was all worth it.
"I wouldn't say i'm the best forum poster in the world, but i'm definitely in the top one"

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 pm

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:I've done something similar but slightly worse. I got home late one night completely trashed and hungry, I had the choice between some microwave rice or a Pot Noodle. I thought as a kettle was less sophisticated than a microwave the noodles would be easier to cook while drunk. After pouring the water in I sat down and started stirring them with a fork, which is a real f*** on to start with because they stay in one massive lump. I'd showered as soon as I got in so all I was wearing was a dressing gown which was hanging open because I'd put it on inside out and couldn't find the rope thing (don't know what it's called) to do it up. In my drunken struggle to stir the solid pot-shaped lump of noodles I somehow managed to scoop half of them into my exposed lap. It vaguely registered at the time that it would hurt in the morning but I was more pissed off about losing half my food, I did toy briefly with the idea of scraping the noodles off my bollocks and back into the pot but in the end decided to just throw the lot in the bin and do some rice instead. I woke up the next morning with agonising scalds to my hands and bollocks. <wah>
<laugh> !!

Beatski
Punderful
Punderful

Post by Beatski » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm

EastMidlandMagpie wrote:Towards the end of last season I had been out on the piss on the Friday night, woke up Saturday morning and had a feeling that I shouldn't got to football as something bad was going to happen (in reality i was just hungover) went a long anyway and for some strange reason ended up going in goal with our normal keeper playing CB.

Anyway, around 70 minutes in the opposition get a corner, ends up as a goalmouth scramble, i get a hand on the ball then the next thing i know they've scored.

Then i start to realise i cant feel my fingers, take of my goalie glove and my fingers are all crooked and one was literally hanging down like a flacid cock.

Me being a badass, decided i would just continue playing upfront instead, resulting in me falling on my hand and f****** it even more.

By the time the game is over and i get to A&E the xray showed that my bones resembled a plate of spaghetti

Nurse said she has never seen anything like it, but due to having private healthcare :bandit: and an 9 hour operation my hand is now mostly titanium, oh and in my first game back after the injury i was given the captains arm band so it was all worth it.

did they give you claws that shoot out of your knuckles as well?

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:43 pm

EastMidlandMagpie wrote:Nurse said she has never seen anything like it, but due to having private healthcare :bandit: and an 9 hour operation my hand is now mostly titanium, oh and in my first game back after the injury i was given the captains arm band so it was all worth it.
That's so cool. <awe> Must be a pain in the arse going through airport security.

EastMidlandMagpie
Bruce's Bacon

Post by EastMidlandMagpie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:59 pm

EastMidlandMagpie wrote:Nurse said she has never seen anything like it, but due to having private healthcare :bandit: and an 9 hour operation my hand is now mostly titanium, oh and in my first game back after the injury i was given the captains arm band so it was all worth it.
That's so cool. <awe> Must be a pain in the arse going through airport security.
For some reason or other titanium doesnt set off the alarms, or so i have been told! My scars resemble something you might see on wolverine's hand too 8)
"I wouldn't say i'm the best forum poster in the world, but i'm definitely in the top one"

Cal
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 pm

EastMidlandMagpie wrote:
For some reason or other titanium doesnt set off the alarms, or so i have been told! My scars resemble something you might see on wolverine's hand too 8)
You should find a plastic surgeon willing to add retractable titanium (or adamantium if they have any) claws, might as well complete the transformation.

Heisen
Stallsenberg
Stallsenberg

Post by Heisen » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:01 pm

This didn't happen to me but a friend of a friend, so to speak. He was out partying for his 21st birthday (before I knew him), he did numerous amounts of shots and ended up passing out on the Quayside, next to Riverside. His mates couldn't wake him so a bouncer called an ambulance. When he woke up in the hospital he was strapped down with a catheter in his penis and an outrageous burning in his bell, so he asked what was wrong with his dick. The doctors told him the reason for the burning was they weren’t able to get the catheter out. Apparently he was in the middle of a hallway, unconcious, and all of the doctors were trying to tug it out without success. 

Eventually he went in for surgery and when he woke up the catheter was gone and they released him later that day, but when he went home he went to piss and he didn’t hear anything. He looked down and he was pissing out of his scrotum, apparently they had made an incision in his scrotum and his urethra to get the catheter out and the urine was coming out of that hole.

I still to this day don't know if it's true but it's bloody hilarious.

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Many years ago I had the snip and being a trooper decided to honour an invitation I'd received for me and the missus to go to a rund raising dinner for Northumberland Junior Golf.

As recommended by the nurse I kept the tackle from daggling and out of harm's way by wearing my jock strap, swimming trunks and a pair of underpants. Anyway as the evening wore on there was a break in festivities whilst the organisors did the raffle results and as luck would have it my numbers came out of the hat.

After about a minute of excrutiating pain trying to get out of the chair I managed to shuffle across the floor to the large table where the prizes were, just as I was about to pick up the prize I'd selected the woman standing next to me swung round with a holdall she'd won to show her friends and caught me flush in the bollocks.

I cried.
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

Somebodys pinched my sombrero
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Somebodys pinched my sombrero » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Biting into a pop tart and it got stuck on your teeth and gums. Feccing Jesus, that hurts. :(
Supporting the Toon since 1972.

asbo
Celestron Astromaster
Celestron Astromaster

Post by asbo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Biting into a toasted sandwich and it releasing a million degree waft of air into your face.

TJR
10 Champs Chump
10 Champs Chump

Post by TJR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm

Ripping my arm open off a spike on a fence.

Back in 2005 when I was a young lad me and my mates decided to climb up onto some porter cabins, once we were on top of them we couldn't jump down because there was nettles below and we didn't have the intelligence required to climb down the side which is how we got up. Instead we decided to jump across to a spiked fence and climb down the fence. Unfortunately I over did my jump, my hand went past the fence and my arm got sliced open, it was pretty cool seeing everything in your arm hanging out though. Luckily I missed pretty much everything inside my arm and the doctors said I was a mm away from the main artery and I probably would have bled to death. When I got to the hospital they put iodine on it and f***ing hell it was painful, I have a decent pain thresh hold but that was horribly, the most pain I've ever been in. The doctors were fantastic mind, they thought I'd have to have a skin transplant as some of my skin was left on the fence but they managed to stitch it up with what was left, I've got a massive scar and still have one of the stitches in today but what they managed to do was incredible.

Other than that the only injuries I have had is a re-occurring ankle one. I was playing football, no one anywhere near me I was running up the wing with the ball unchallenged and it just went. It was painful but no where near as bad as my arm was. I wasn't supposed to play football for a couple of month but being an over eager idiot I went against medical advice and started playing again through the pain after a month. Which f***ed it up even more and that was a few years ago but every now and again it keeps coming back.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:16 am

AbsolutelyGlorious wrote:Biting into a toasted sandwich and it releasing a million degree waft of air into your face.
Whilst molten cheese at 6000°C burns a hole in your tongue
I dunno

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 am

Painfully embarrassing as well as painful.

Playing football in the gym at school and was wearing suit trousers as I'd forgotten shorts. Went to challenge for a ball, stretched too far and rolled my ankle whilst also ripping my trousers in half right down the middle. Was then twatted in the face with the ball as I got up.
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 pm