The Message of Awe Thread

The great stuffing debate... In or out?

In.
25%
Out.
10%
Is it cooked? Yes? Then I don't care, give it to me.
32%
Stuffing is disgusting and I am a terrible excuse for a person.
8%
You do the Ameobi and you turn around...
26%

Total votes: 73

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Toondes wrote: Rousters only 50p today. When the sandwiches and parties get near the date of expiry everything gets reduced to 50p. Flies round s*** waiting
Have you ever been in the supermarket when the reductions are getting done? It's like watching a pack of starving hyenas fighting over a pork scratching. Half some self-respect ffs. Half the time the person pricing up the reductions gets the food snatched from their hand before it even hits the shelf.
I've seen people hand already reduced items back to the person pricing the reductions and tell them how much they are prepared to pay for the item.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Libya playing God Save the Queen

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:58 am

Managed to get all the gardening out the way this morning before it got too hot.

Now I can chill, have a cold beer and read a book!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:44 pm

Came home tonight and miniOT was cooking dinner for the whole family all by herself for the first time.

Chicken breast stuffed with asparagus and cheese, served with red wine and mushroom sauce and parmentier potatoes.

She nailed it.

Happily did the washing up and cleaning of the kitchen.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm

I run 10km once a week on the treadmill at my gym. Knocked over a minute off of my PB today and got it down to 49:55.

No idea if that's any good (I'm some way of Mo Farrah's pace...) but over the last few weeks I've been getting my time down from 56 mins to 49:55 now.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:I run 10km once a week on the treadmill at my gym. Knocked over a minute off of my PB today and got it down to 49:55.

No idea if that's any good (I'm some way of Mo Farrah's pace...) but over the last few weeks I've been getting my time down from 56 mins to 49:55 now.
Don't run much myself, more of a lifter - but knocking 6+ mins off your time in a matter of weeks has got to be good <ok>

You just been trying to beat it each week?
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 am

Chappy wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:I run 10km once a week on the treadmill at my gym. Knocked over a minute off of my PB today and got it down to 49:55.

Don't run much myself, more of a lifter - but knocking 6+ mins off your time in a matter of weeks has got to be good <ok>

Cheers. Yeah each week I've been trying to 20/30 seconds off but was feeling good yesterday so knocked quite a decent chunk of time off. I only run once a week else it starts to f*** up my shins and irritates my sciatica.

I do some weights 3 times a week but I mainly to keep my body the same rather than to bulk up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:54 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Chappy wrote:

Cheers. Yeah each week I've been trying to 20/30 seconds off but was feeling good yesterday so knocked quite a decent chunk of time off. I only run once a week else it starts to f*** up my shins and irritates my sciatica.

I do some weights 3 times a week but I mainly to keep my body the same rather than to bulk up.
At my best I did 10k in 46mins flat but came very close to throwing up at the end. Ive stopped running these days due to getting constant injuries. Tend to cycle these days and cross train at the gym - much lower impact for me now Im getting old <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:05 am

Micky Quim wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Cheers. Yeah each week I've been trying to 20/30 seconds off but was feeling good yesterday so knocked quite a decent chunk of time off. I only run once a week else it starts to **** up my shins and irritates my sciatica.

At my best I did 10k in 46mins flat but came very close to throwing up at the end. Ive stopped running these days due to getting constant injuries. Tend to cycle these days and cross train at the gym - much lower impact for me now Im getting old <laugh>
46 mins sounds like a great time! How old were you when you were running at that speed?

Don't do much cycling but I use the arc trainers two or three times a week.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: At my best I did 10k in 46mins flat but came very close to throwing up at the end. Ive stopped running these days due to getting constant injuries. Tend to cycle these days and cross train at the gym - much lower impact for me now Im getting old <laugh>
46 mins sounds like a great time! How old were you when you were running at that speed?

Don't do much cycling but I use the arc trainers two or three times a week.
35 I think

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm doing my first race at the weekend... Great North Run. <worried>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

<scratch>

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:50 pm

EUGH!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:19 pm

Or is that Cal <roll>

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Cross trainer is good cardio. I use it more than running to avoid shin splints <ok>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Cal wrote:I'm doing my first race at the weekend... Great North Run. <worried>
It should be called the Great North Walk - f***ing idiots in the way from start to finish

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 pm

I dont it in 1hr 42 last year. Nearly killed me like. Couldn't walk for about 3 days after. Top tip. Book a physio appt now for a massage for the Monday.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:55 am

Micky Quim wrote:
It should be called the Great North Walk - f***ing idiots in the way from start to finish
I had heard that the first few miles were bad, but it was congested start to finish. I've not run in a crowd before and it really threw me off my planned pace, and my watch decided to cancel my tracking after 5km so I lost my reference point...
Toondes wrote:
I dont it in 1hr 42 last year. Nearly killed me like. Couldn't walk for about 3 days after. Top tip. Book a physio appt now for a massage for the Monday.
Nice one, that's a bit faster than I was aiming for based on my usual long run training pace (~1h45 / 5min/km), but I ended up doing a hair over 2 hours. Feel relatively okay today though.

Can't say I really enjoyed it, much prefer running alone. If I do do it again I guess I'll have a goal of trying to get a time that does me justice, I can do a lot better than I did.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 am

Cal wrote:
Micky Quim wrote: It should be called the Great North Walk - f***ing idiots in the way from start to finish
I had heard that the first few miles were back, but it was congested start to finish. I've not run in a crowd before and it really threw me off my planned pace, and my watch decided to cancel my tracking after 5km so I lost my reference point...
Toondes wrote: I dont it in 1hr 42 last year. Nearly killed me like. Couldn't walk for about 3 days after. Top tip. Book a physio appt now for a massage for the Monday.
Nice one, that's a bit faster than I was aiming for based on my usual long run training pace (~1h45 / 5min/km), but I ended up doing a hair over 2 hours. Feel relatively okay today though.

Can't say I really enjoyed it, much prefer running alone. If I do do it again I guess I'll have a goal of trying to get a time that does me justice, I can do a lot better than I did.
Yes definately running solo is better. I found I spent the whole time trying to avoid people / discarded bottles
# stolen from nufc.com :)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:37 pm

I know it's different, but when I'm on the treadmill I much prefer running alongside someone else.