The Message of Awe Thread

The great stuffing debate... In or out?

In.
18
26%
Out.
7
10%
Is it cooked? Yes? Then I don't care, give it to me.
21
30%
Stuffing is disgusting and I am a terrible excuse for a person.
6
9%
You do the Ameobi and you turn around...
18
26%
 
Total votes: 70

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23140
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:I worked from home a couple of times last week, but for some reason it's really frowned upon at my place. They give staff laptops in order to make us "mobile", yet they want you to come in and sit at your desk anyway, even if the weather is absolutely s**** <laugh>.
The whole "must be at your desk 9-5" attitude is so outdated.

Somewhere I used to work built a new building, nobody had there own desk and there weren't enough desks for the amount of staff. The idea being that staff were to be encouraged to work flexibly and work from home, problem was managers were dinosaurs who thought if staff weren't at their deal then they weren't working. So you can imagine how that one worked out <laugh>
It really winds me up. I think the company I work for think they're really progressive because men don't have to wear ties for work and the meeting rooms all have wacky names.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19007
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:02 pm

It looks as if the company I work for will have a token office in the near future.

Most of the development team are overseas anyway and a large amount of the staff in the London office are sales orientated so it makes sense to cut back on an overhead for a full time office to potentially accommodate a team of 40.

I'd happily work from home majority of the week with the occasional day in face to face meetings.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23140
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:14 pm

overseasTOON wrote:It looks as if the company I work for will have a token office in the near future.

Most of the development team are overseas anyway and a large amount of the staff in the London office are sales orientated so it makes sense to cut back on an overhead for a full time office to potentially accommodate a team of 40.

I'd happily work from home majority of the week with the occasional day in face to face meetings.
Other than meetings, there's absolutely no need for me to be stuck in an office. I'm far more productive at home because I don't get people coming up to my desk and badgering me about stuff or being dragged into things that 100% are not my job.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19007
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:37 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:It looks as if the company I work for will have a token office in the near future.

Most of the development team are overseas anyway and a large amount of the staff in the London office are sales orientated so it makes sense to cut back on an overhead for a full time office to potentially accommodate a team of 40.

I'd happily work from home majority of the week with the occasional day in face to face meetings.
Other than meetings, there's absolutely no need for me to be stuck in an office. I'm far more productive at home because I don't get people coming up to my desk and badgering me about stuff or being dragged into things that 100% are not my job.
Gotta love them "computer users non technical" types.

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11645
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Tsi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 am

New Moto gp season starts today <awe>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Out of Office set until 9th April <divax>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10485
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Out of Office set until 9th April <divax>
We are all off to the pub at 16:3.... oh wait no I'm getting some surprise work to do at 1630 <grr> <erk> <erk>
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

User avatar
Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 8812
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Nerds storming out the cinema after the end of Avengers Infinity War, never have I seen such majestic hilarity <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>
TINO'S ON FIRE BARCELONA'S TERRIFIED
Image

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 pm

Everyone knows that Marvel films are a bag of w*** <roll>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Online
User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8442
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by PTAO? » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:Everyone knows that Marvel films are a bag of w*** <roll>
<ok>

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2489
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Hjl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Just made a meatloaf, pepperoncini, gherkin, and BBQ sauce sandwich and washed it down with a bottle of Black Sheep. <awe>

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11645
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Tsi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 pm

when you crack off a silent beer fart on a packed bus or train <awe>

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 25158
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:04 am

Tsi wrote:when you crack off a silent beer fart on a packed bus or train <awe>
<laugh>

I like farting as I walk around the supermarket <gent>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Chappy
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Chappy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 am

Tsi wrote:when you crack off a silent beer fart on a packed bus or train <awe>
Takes skill, patience and awareness that <gent>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23140
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Hjl wrote:Just made a meatloaf, pepperoncini, gherkin, and BBQ sauce sandwich and washed it down with a bottle of Black Sheep. <awe>
Fat s***.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2489
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Hjl » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:59 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Hjl wrote:Just made a meatloaf, pepperoncini, gherkin, and BBQ sauce sandwich and washed it down with a bottle of Black Sheep. <awe>
Fat s***.
oh my yes...

User avatar
Donkey Toon
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver
Posts: 6002
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Donkey Toon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tsi wrote:when you crack off a silent beer fart on a packed bus or train <awe>
<laugh>

I like farting as I walk around the supermarket <gent>
As do I <laugh> <gent>

I particularly like the irony of dropping one in the fresh produce aisle.

User avatar
Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman
Posts: 8570
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:54 pm
Location: Monte Darlo

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by Micky Quim » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:12 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
<laugh>

I like farting as I walk around the supermarket <gent>
As do I <laugh> <gent>

I particularly like the irony of dropping one in the fresh produce aisle.
Dropping one in a lift as you exit is the ultimate

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20250
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by ALF » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Micky Quim wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
As do I <laugh> <gent>

I particularly like the irony of dropping one in the fresh produce aisle.
Dropping one in a lift as you exit is the ultimate
No. Then you miss the carnage it creates.

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 23140
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: The Message of Awe Thread

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
<laugh>

I like farting as I walk around the supermarket <gent>
As do I <laugh> <gent>

I particularly like the irony of dropping one in the fresh produce aisle.
The Morrison's near me in Blyth permanently smells like raw sewage, and it's especially strong at the entrance where all the fresh produce is. A disgusting fart would probably be a welcome distraction.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Post Reply