Builder's Milkfest.
No votes
Standard Builder's.
11%
Strong Builder's.
30%
Milkless (Black) Builder's.
3%
Other Black Tea (Earl Grey/Darjeeling etc.)
8%
Green or White Tea.
3%
I Regularly Drink Different Teas.
24%
Some Other (Possibly Disturbing) Kind of Tea.
3%
Tea is Coffee for Losers.
19%

Total votes: 37

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Tea

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh, and for black teas I like milk and sugar. More herbally teas I just like sweetened, and honey or agava nectar are a nice alternative to sugar sometimes.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Honey in tea is nice.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:03 am

Tradional English Ale...

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Ramone wrote:Hot drinks are s*** and only s*** people drink them.
So Tea drinking equates to cannibalism?

<scratch>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: The Message of Hate Thread

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Stimpy wrote:
skalpel wrote:Yeah I only have meat a couple of times a week, and its usually fish. Mostly eat things like ratatouille, or a vegetable pasta dish, or a big salad. Vegetables have more taste and don't leave you feeling like a f***ing blobfish afterwards <laugh>.
Yeah very true, my downfall is whisky and real ale it used to be coffee but i've replaced that with tea and infusions.
Hell yeah. I drink all of that except whisky. I love ale, coffee and tea of all kinds. My tea and coffee shelves are absolutely stacked with tins and jars. Everything from longjing to lapsang, columbian roast to kenyan <awe>. We have a pretty big tisane/infusion collection as well.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 pm

skalpel wrote:
Stimpy wrote:
Yeah very true, my downfall is whisky and real ale it used to be coffee but i've replaced that with tea and infusions.
Hell yeah. I drink all of that except whisky. I love ale, coffee and tea of all kinds. My tea and coffee shelves are absolutely stacked with tins and jars. Everything from longjing to lapsang, columbian roast to kenyan <awe>. We have a pretty big tisane/infusion collection as well.
I only have about 2 cups of coffee a day now :( it used to be 10 + at one time.Might pick your brains sometime for tea not long got into drinking loose tea.Have you tried rooibos if not i can recommend the orange flavour also if you like sour try a Hibiscus infusion, it's what i have first thing in the morning :)

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Is that the Twinings orange and cinnamon Rooibos? I've got some here! You've just set my tastebuds onto it now, I may have to go and make myself a cup <awe>. I've never tried hibiscus before though, I'll grab some next time I'm out. I'm a bit of a snob with tea, to be honest. If I see somebody re-boiling water in a kettle, or pouring scalding water into a green tea, or putting milk in anything besides Chai, I have to start biting my nails aggressively to prevent myself from saying something <laugh>.

Yeah I had to cut down on coffee a few years ago for medical reasons <laugh> I was having about ten cups a day at the time as well. I usually only have the two nowadays, the same as you <urgh>.

Wedge Head Tiote
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Wedge Head Tiote » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:59 pm

skalpel wrote:Is that the Twinings orange and cinnamon Rooibos? I've got some here! You've just set my tastebuds onto it now, I may have to go and make myself a cup <awe>. I've never tried hibiscus before though, I'll grab some next time I'm out. I'm a bit of a snob with tea, to be honest. If I see somebody re-boiling water in a kettle, or pouring scalding water into a green tea, or putting milk in anything besides Chai, I have to start biting my nails aggressively to prevent myself from saying something <laugh>.

Yeah I had to cut down on coffee a few years ago for medical reasons <laugh> I was having about ten cups a day at the time as well. I usually only have the two nowadays, the same as you <urgh>.
What's wrong with re-boiling water in keetle? <laugh>

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:06 pm

skalpel wrote:Is that the Twinings orange and cinnamon Rooibos? I've got some here! You've just set my tastebuds onto it now, I may have to go and make myself a cup <awe>. I've never tried hibiscus before though, I'll grab some next time I'm out. I'm a bit of a snob with tea, to be honest. If I see somebody re-boiling water in a kettle, or pouring scalding water into a green tea, or putting milk in anything besides Chai, I have to start biting my nails aggressively to prevent myself from saying something <laugh>.

Skalps start a tea thread I'm far too lazy to do it <roll>
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 pm

No i get my loose tea from a internet site called nothing but tea http://nbtea.co.uk/store/rooibos/158-ro ... range.html
As for hibiscus get it from tesco it's cheaper make sure the water is boiling for best taste.
Hopefully not tap water <erk> i have a filter fitted for drinking water f*** filling myself full of s***.
Last edited by Tsi on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 pm

KingoStarr wrote:

Skalps start a tea thread I'm far too lazy to do it <roll>
Great idea as long as it includes infusions as well (i'm also too lazy to start one <laugh> )
Speaking of infusions try hibiscus infusion ice cubes in oat milk <awe> or coffee ice cubes in oat milk with a little dash of honey.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:43 pm

Builders tea , milk no sugar.
Chocolate digestives for dunking.
# stolen from nufc.com :)

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Wedge Head Tiote wrote:

What's wrong with re-boiling water in keetle? <laugh>
What's right with it? <disgrace>

<roll> Seriously, though, it makes no difference at all if this is your cup of tea:

Bag in cup
Pour in water
Stir and squeeze bag against side
Bag in bin
Pour in milk.

But if you're drinking loose leaf greens, whites, and oolongs, or delicate black teas like first flush darjeeling, then it can make your drink taste pretty flat if you use reboiled water.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Stimpy wrote:No i get my loose tea from a internet site called nothing but tea http://nbtea.co.uk/store/rooibos/158-ro ... range.html
As for hibiscus get it from tesco it's cheaper make sure the water is boiling for best taste.
Hopefully not tap water <erk> i have a filter fitted for drinking water f*** filling myself full of s***.
Cheers for the link, that site looks great.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:06 pm

skalpel wrote:
Stimpy wrote:No i get my loose tea from a internet site called nothing but tea http://nbtea.co.uk/store/rooibos/158-ro ... range.html
Cheers for the link, that site looks great.
Yeah it is really fast delivery with a points system as well when you purchase i got 100g of earl grey green for free due to points for previous orders <diva>
Oh yeah try their sample batches <ok>

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and order myself a batch of their Dragonwell Longjing <divax>.

I am going to drain them of their sample collections this Christmas. Everyone I know is getting tea.

KingoStarr
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by KingoStarr » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:46 pm

When I was in Sri Lanka I tried so much tea, I even went to a Tea processing plant in the mountains of Nuwara Elia was really interesting and got a few cups of silver tip on the walk around <awe>
The <erk>'sburg dynasty is over 3 seasons, 3 division 1 titles.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:07 pm

skalpel wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and order myself a batch of their Dragonwell Longjing <divax>.

I am going to drain them of their sample collections this Christmas. Everyone I know is getting tea.
i'll email you my address <whistle>
i've tried quite a few of their samples and they are really good.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 pm

KingoStarr wrote:When I was in Sri Lanka I tried so much tea, I even went to a Tea processing plant in the mountains of Nuwara Elia was really interesting and got a few cups of silver tip on the walk around <awe>
Amazing. Fresh pickings <awe>.

Do you remember a favourite?
Stimpy wrote:i'll email you my address <whistle>
i've tried quite a few of their samples and they are really good.
<divax>

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Subscription coffee services seem to have made themselves a thing recently (my referral link for Pact... first bag's £1, warning; they insist on trying to call or text you when welcoming you to the service), I'd imagine there's a similar thing for tea that might interest you lot.

Still not got around to being adventurous with my teas, nor got close to consistently making a good brew with whatever I do try (got some Darjeeling and Ceylon that I'm slowly working through), but Lapsang Souchoung. <awe>

Also, although it's probably s*** to anyone with a taste for the stuff, I quite like that Tesco Finest Chocolate Tea...