Holidays

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: Holidays

Post by gola » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:15 am

che bella, spero di andare a roma ottobre perche una amica di me, si e' trasferito li las scorsa settimana. non vedo l'ora

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:59 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 am
Had a great time in Italy. Went to my old stomping ground of Rome to show miniOT around for 24 hours before heading off to Florence, Venice, Lake Como (truly love that place!!) and Milan.

Went a tad nuts on food and drink whilst there and threw the budget out the window after day one. I became an Aperol spritz wanker...

Planning next getaway for Mrs OT and off to Malta for a long weekend rather than Athens as looking to take family to Athens in March
Have you been to Malta before OT?

Bloody love the place <love>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:55 am

vado a roma in ottobre, dovredbbe essere divertimento, non vedo l'ora! dove dovrei andare quando sono li? possibilmente io vada a firenze, costa solo 18 in treno

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:28 am

So my limited Italian gets that you're going to Rome in October <laugh>

Treno = train? One ticket somewhere costs €18?

That's me done <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:11 am

After the roller coaster of yesterday off to Porto Cristo Majorca for two weeks this Saturday.
Weighed up against chances of getting to the next two games are zero I suppose this is the best time to go …. on the back of matching one of the best teams. <gent>
Clydeside & Tyneside

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:46 pm

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:59 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 am
Had a great time in Italy. Went to my old stomping ground of Rome to show miniOT around for 24 hours before heading off to Florence, Venice, Lake Como (truly love that place!!) and Milan.

Went a tad nuts on food and drink whilst there and threw the budget out the window after day one. I became an Aperol spritz w*****...

Planning next getaway for Mrs OT and off to Malta for a long weekend rather than Athens as looking to take family to Athens in March
Have you been to Malta before OT?

Bloody love the place <love>
Was supposed to go to Malta in 2020 but pandemic scuppered that plan but hopefully will make it out there at some point soon.

Change of plans for a long weekend away though as everyone wanted to go somewhere cold as it's been a hot year - so going to Salzburg for a few days just before Xmas to take in the market and go skiing for a day. The family will go skiing as my knees are shot so I'll bring a book and drink boozy hot chocolate instead

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:18 pm

Salzburg finally booked. All the dithering from the family for the last 2 weeks about either flying out early doors or lunch time, which hotel is best - "this one has an outdoor pool" - it'll be f***ing December!!! means it cost more.

Bastards.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:43 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:18 pm
Salzburg finally booked. All the dithering from the family for the last 2 weeks about either flying out early doors or lunch time, which hotel is best - "this one has an outdoor pool" - it'll be f***ing December!!! means it cost more.

Bastards.
I went to Salzburg as part of my honeymoon. Lovely place. Preferred it much more than Vienna. If you get a chance, you need to visit Burdocks cocktail bar, best cocktails ever! Also look out for stalls selling frankfurters wrapped in potato rosti!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:34 pm

Think I stayed in Salzburg for a night or two when I went a few years ago for the F1, can't remember an awful lot about it as very heavy drinking was involved <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:40 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:28 am
So my limited Italian gets that you're going to Rome in October <laugh>

Treno = train? One ticket somewhere costs €18?

That's me done <laugh>
lol sorry m8 jus seen, yeh u got it pretty much proper translation is

vado - im goin - a - to - roma - rome - in - in lol - ottobre - october -, dovredbbe - it should - essere - be - divertimento - fun -, non vedo l'ora! - i cnt wait!! - dove - where - dovrei - should i - andare -go - quando - when- sono - i am - li - there? possibilmente - possibly - io vada - il go - a firenze - to florence, costa - it costs - solo - only - 18 in treno - 18 euros on train.

mad innit? that goin firenz is that cheap yet i go oxford from brighton sumtimes and guess how much, is 65 uid. total joke how much trains are in uk

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:59 pm

miniOT has opted to stay at home and focus on her
required work experience in the coming summer. She wants to be a doctor so has to do so much extra curricular work to improve chances of getting accepted to a good uni.

Wife and I are thinking of Croatia for a week in Dubrovnik and then taking a train to Belgrade for a long weekend and spending time with some of my old colleagues.

Planning on giving miniOT a little break with a few friends a stay in France, getting them an Airbnb close to friends I have near Nantes as a surprise.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:27 pm

Just back from Salzburg for a long weekend.

Booked it as an early Xmas present for the family so we could take in a good Christmas market and also fit in a day of skiing for miniOT.

I'm now in dire need of vegetables though!

If you haven't been then well worth a visit but beware that the city, especially the old town is small and can easily be seen in a full day.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:32 pm

Yeah had a night or two in Salzburg a few years ago, lovely place <ok>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:31 pm

Not a holiday but staying in london (Victoria / Westminster area) next weekend if anyone can recommend any decent (and not £££££) bars and restaurants <ok>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:20 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:31 pm
Not a holiday but staying in london (Victoria / Westminster area) next weekend if anyone can recommend any decent (and not £££££) bars and restaurants <ok>
My old neck of the woods for work.

A few just down the road from Victoria towards Pimlico and the back of Victoria station are worth a look.

Jugged Hare, Marquis of Westminster, St George's Tavern are old haunts for a beer.

Food wise, if you can get towards Borough Market/Southwark area then check out the actual market for a really snack led lunch or check out places to eat in Flat Iron Square as quite diverse range.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:07 am

Thanks OT!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:31 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:20 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:31 pm
My old neck of the woods for work.

A few just down the road from Victoria towards Pimlico and the back of Victoria station are worth a look.

Jugged Hare, Marquis of Westminster, St George's Tavern are old haunts for a beer.

Food wise, if you can get towards Borough Market/Southwark area then check out the actual market for a really snack led lunch or check out places to eat in Flat Iron Square as quite diverse range.
The bao place or taco place next to Borough Market are great
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:10 pm

On our first full day of two weeks in Mauritius for the wife's birthday <notbad>

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 pm

Cal wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:10 pm
On our first full day of two weeks in Mauritius for the wife's birthday <notbad>
Kindly deeds done for free!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:16 pm

<laugh>