gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Re: Holidays

Post by gola » Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm
gola wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 am

how easy was it goin wat exactly do u hav do go abroad these days? iv fully jabbed up
I don't know to be honest. I went to Italy 15 years or so ago and haven't been on a holiday since 2009 when I went to Egypt. I'm completely out of touch with the current travel requirements, especially since covid.
ahhh sorry m8 misread ur msg. i wanna go abroad bt i rly dnt kno how hard it is either like exactly wat u do n feel like it makes me so anxious.iv family in florence so wud love see them but atm it jus scares me bookin covid tests and stuff like that irrational cos all hav do it bt thats axiety

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 03, 2022 8:29 am

gola wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 am
Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm

I don't know to be honest. I went to Italy 15 years or so ago and haven't been on a holiday since 2009 when I went to Egypt. I'm completely out of touch with the current travel requirements, especially since covid.
ahhh sorry m8 misread ur msg. i wanna go abroad bt i rly dnt kno how hard it is either like exactly wat u do n feel like it makes me so anxious.iv family in florence so wud love see them but atm it jus scares me bookin covid tests and stuff like that irrational cos all hav do it bt thats axiety
For a lot of countries there are no restrictions now. You don't have to do anything for Greece, but for Spain you still have to do a passenger locator form and show proof of vaccination I think.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed May 04, 2022 7:46 am

/
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:29 am
gola wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 am

For a lot of countries there are no restrictions now. You don't have to do anything for Greece, but for Spain you still have to do a passenger locator form and show proof of vaccination I think.
rly? so you just book a flight like normal? is all the stuff u hav do sent to u or are u expected 2 find it out for urself? jus imaging for older ppl now too who cnt use internet

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 04, 2022 7:53 am

gola wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:46 am
/
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 8:29 am

rly? so you just book a flight like normal? is all the stuff u hav do sent to u or are u expected 2 find it out for urself? jus imaging for older ppl now too who cnt use internet
Yeah for Greece it’s just book your flight and go.

For other countries the onus is on you to make sure you fill out the correct forms etc before you travel and to find out what you need to do. My stepdad is 72 and going to Spain this month and didn’t have a clue what to do so I had to find the link to his form, download the NHS app to his phone etc for proof of vaccination but agree, a lot of people won’t know.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri May 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:53 am
gola wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:46 am
/

Yeah for Greece it’s just book your flight and go.

For other countries the onus is on you to make sure you fill out the correct forms etc before you travel and to find out what you need to do. My stepdad is 72 and going to Spain this month and didn’t have a clue what to do so I had to find the link to his form, download the NHS app to his phone etc for proof of vaccination but agree, a lot of people won’t know.
thanx mate. might go greece then

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri May 06, 2022 8:53 pm

in cornwall atm bt its gonna rain all week appaz

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 4:50 pm

Surprise pressie for my wife is a trip to Athens

Now I don't want her to know about it so I'll secretly pack a bag for her but how the f*** do I wake her up at 3am to get into a taxi for a 5:45 flight from Gatwick!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Gola.

Most European countries drop restriction on tests/declarations etc from end of May for Covid.

Couple if counties may maintain mask wearing but proof of vaccination has mainly been dropped

Off to Italy next month and no paperwork to fill out so back to normal of book and go.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed May 18, 2022 7:18 am

superb man, thats gr8 to here. hope u enjoy italy and also athens. the home of history!

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:18 am

Just back from a week in Andalucia.
Absolutely stunning and finally great to get away once more.
Paperwork wise, in covid terms, assuming you have an nhs app and your vac status on it no real issue. Otherwise be sure to take a paper copy as they scanned most folk.Malaga airport wanted to see clear evidence of your vac status. Otherwise they took you and gave you a covid test three and then !
One thing to note, as we are now non European, the queues were horrendous at passport control, as you now need your visa stamped, and almost to add insult there were only two border control only dealing with all incoming !! They were not Mr pleasant and Mr Happy
So in summary , only takes longer at the airport these days.

I’m away to book another slot as a week for me isn’t long enough. Too many rumours and folk ‘ITK ‘about our transfers to fully relax 🤣
Clydeside & Tyneside

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:02 am

Flying to Kos this afternoon <diva>

seaside nipper
Spain (Morata)
Spain (Morata)

Post by seaside nipper » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Nice one 👍🏼
Clydeside & Tyneside

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:02 am
Good luck at the airport. Leaving Manchester at the long haul terminal was ok but the arriving was a shitshow
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:28 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:45 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:02 am
Good luck at the airport. Leaving Manchester at the long haul terminal was ok but the arriving was a shitshow
Absolutely fine at Birmingham, 45 mins to drop bags and get through security.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:27 am

I'd love to be going abroad this year. I have family in Finland but Spain is usually my bag. Not Benidorm or any other Brit orientated resort though.

Anyway, got a dog now. 6 year old 3 legged husky called Drago which me and my wife rescued in late January. Which mean we're going to Withernsea for a week in August.

Anyone been before?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Flight home cancelled so free night all inclusive at the hotel, £700 compensation and a £300 holiday voucher <diva>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:02 pm

f*** me wat a result

Danieljames
Chancel New Member
Chancel New Member

Post by Danieljames » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:04 am

Hi everyone

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:33 am

hi m8 welcome to forum were all crackers but friendly upthe toon lol!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 am

Had a great time in Italy. Went to my old stomping ground of Rome to show miniOT around for 24 hours before heading off to Florence, Venice, Lake Como (truly love that place!!) and Milan.

Went a tad nuts on food and drink whilst there and threw the budget out the window after day one. I became an Aperol spritz wanker...

Planning next getaway for Mrs OT and off to Malta for a long weekend rather than Athens as looking to take family to Athens in March