Holidays

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Terrible here in North Spain lads. Prohibited to go into the street except for specific basics. You can't even go for a walk on your own. We been laid off work (at least paid in my case) for the rest of the month, but the rest of the season looks bleak, probably start back in August. It's no holiday I can assure you.

I'm in Pamplona near the Basque country and nearby Vitoria and La Rioja has loads of cases. It's all ballooning so rapidly. If the British government doesn't take BIG action this week you're all in f*** street,

Government here in Spain at last taking big action, even now putting the army onto the streets. Loudspeakers on the streets, it's like living a war situation.

One in my symphony orchestra has just tested positive so b*gg*r knows how my body is .....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Posts: 9135
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm
Location: London

Re: Holidays

Post by Speedo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Going to be a tough few weeks everywhere I think.
I had the first custom w***

User avatar
Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 3652
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:23 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Holidays

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:04 am
MiniOT has a skiing trip in Switzerland with the school at the start of April and we're wondering now if it will go ahead.

We'll be out of pocket unless the FCO advises against travel to Switzerland!!!
All my friends working as ski instructors in the French Alps are getting sent home next week so I’d imagine there’s not much chance of that going ahead...

I’m guessing the resorts will have to close themselves down and refund people if they don’t have any staff?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Spain has just announced closing its land borders at 12.00 tonight ... I'd say forget your summer holidays there lads...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29464
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Holidays

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:59 am

Yep, nobody is going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Other countries e.g. Germany, USA have done the same already.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23858
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Holidays

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 pm

daib0 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!
Glad your sense of humour is still there <diverk>
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Cal
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze
Posts: 21569
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Holidays

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Managed to get out of Spain yesterday. Boarding was delayed an hour, then got onto a packed plane only to find that they'd lost their slot for take-off, so spent an extra hour sat on the runway surrounded by coughs <diva>
daib0 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:33 pm
Terrible here in North Spain lads. Prohibited to go into the street except for specific basics. You can't even go for a walk on your own. We been laid off work (at least paid in my case) for the rest of the month, but the rest of the season looks bleak, probably start back in August. It's no holiday I can assure you.

I'm in Pamplona near the Basque country and nearby Vitoria and La Rioja has loads of cases. It's all ballooning so rapidly. If the British government doesn't take BIG action this week you're all in f*** street,

Government here in Spain at last taking big action, even now putting the army onto the streets. Loudspeakers on the streets, it's like living a war situation.

One in my symphony orchestra has just tested positive so b*gg*r knows how my body is .....
Are they doing the 8pm applause there? We had no idea what was going on the first time in Barcelona when suddenly there was loads of clapping and cheering for 5 minutes.

UlversToon
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5005
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Holidays

Post by UlversToon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:54 pm

daib0 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
The truth is that I'm not so bored at home. But you know, it seems incredible to me that in one package of rice there are 8976 grains and in the other 8982 !!
That can't be right and I'd be recounting them if I were you! ;)

Take care.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23858
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: Holidays

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:34 am

daib0 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Hairdressers in Spain now shut down by law, Dentists advised to do so, but not obligatory, Only basic food shops, chemists, legal services, vets and petrol staions are allowed to open....
That seems like a smart way to do it! I hope we take similar measures here. I know people will whine about their freedom, but some things are too important.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29464
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Holidays

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm

I work in medical research with surgeons from around the world. The situation in Spain and Italy at present is dire, surgeons are being asked to perform operations on infected patients (or patients where they don't know if they're infected) with limited or NO protective equipment such as surgical masks. Supplies are running empty. Medical students are being pulled onto the front line (will be happening in the UK very soon if not already too). Many surgeons are staying away from their homes and have been for a number of weeks for risk of infecting their family members. It's really awful and not all of it is reported. Very likely that the NHS will face similar pressures. Plus we all know from the news about the lack of ventilators, people will die as there aren't enough to go round.

Some hospitals are even having to operate based on a patients age, basically if you're the oldest on the list you're not getting the operation you might need to save your life, and obviously all elective surgery has been cancelled in most places.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Colback's Orange Tufts
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 11136
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Location: Near the ducks

Re: Holidays

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:17 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:25 pm
I work in medical research with surgeons from around the world. The situation in Spain and Italy at present is dire, surgeons are being asked to perform operations on infected patients (or patients where they don't know if they're infected) with limited or NO protective equipment such as surgical masks. Supplies are running empty. Medical students are being pulled onto the front line (will be happening in the UK very soon if not already too). Many surgeons are staying away from their homes and have been for a number of weeks for risk of infecting their family members. It's really awful and not all of it is reported. Very likely that the NHS will face similar pressures. Plus we all know from the news about the lack of ventilators, people will die as there aren't enough to go round.

Some hospitals are even having to operate based on a patients age, basically if you're the oldest on the list you're not getting the operation you might need to save your life, and obviously all elective surgery has been cancelled in most places.
So the NHS has an UK supplier making more ventilators. But the bottleneck will be icu nurses and doctors. You can't just hook people up. Apparently for the really sick u need to turn them and it's really hard even with experience.
Even anaesthetists and A&E aren't really helpful at that point.
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:09 am

now 21,500 infected in Spain - get prepared for the worst
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 am

Gloves, masks and soap/gel SO important...Britain simply isn't prepared for what is about to unfold. There HAS to be far better information releases by the authorities :(
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29464
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Holidays

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am

My work has been making hand sanitizer in our university labs to give out to front line staff.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:43 am
My work has been making hand sanitizer in our university labs to give out to front line staff.
<applause> <applause>
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Three Portsmouth players tested positive for virus.
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)
Contact:

Re: Holidays

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:14 pm

This morning alone, FIVE THOUSAND new infected cases in Spain

This is gonna be desperate stuff....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29464
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Holidays

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 26, 2020 9:26 am

So, where's everyone going this year <whistle>

I only moved house in March so luckily didn't have anything booked. Pretty unlikely there will be much overseas travel for anyone before 2021 (for holidays).
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Post Reply