The Retro Thread!

Azlan82
Tindall's Hoody

The Retro Thread!

Post by Azlan82 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:38 pm

I would love to collect some of the toys as I had as a kid if I had more money, but I don't so i thought I would just create this thread instead! Post the toys, games, video games, cartoons and films you loved as a kid!

I was a huge Thundercats fan, however it seems now they were never as popular as I thought, didn't have the longevity of He-Man or transformers. Looking at some of these toys takes me way back, some I forgot I had until I was going through these, strange how your memory suddenly remembers things yo havent thought of in decades.

http://nothingbutnostalgia.com/thundercats-toys/

I had all of these apart from Cheetara...didnt want to play with a girl. Had the Snowman too but didnt even realise he was a thundercat.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Re: The Retro Thread!

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:32 pm

When I was a kid hulahoops were all the rage and I pleaded and pleaded with my parents to get me one for Christmas but they bought me this instead:

Well, they actually bought me the stick for Christmas and I had nine months until my 13th birthday to get the hoop. Of course all the kids had hulahoops and shunned me for my substandard rolling hoop and I had to play by myself.

Shortly after I'd turned 23 I realised that I could use the rolling hoop as a hulahoop but by then all the kids had grown up and didn't want to hulahoop anymore so I had to hulahoop all by myself.

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:50 pm

overseasTOON wrote:When I was a kid hulahoops were all the rage and I pleaded and pleaded with my parents to get me one for Christmas but they bought me this instead:

Well, they actually bought me the stick for Christmas and I had nine months until my 13th birthday to get the hoop. Of course all the kids had hulahoops and shunned me for my substandard rolling hoop and I had to play by myself.

Shortly after I'd turned 23 I realised that I could use the rolling hoop as a hulahoop but by then all the kids had grown up and didn't want to hulahoop anymore so I had to hulahoop all by myself.
Lies.

Your birthday is in April

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:05 am

Azlan82 wrote:I would love to collect some of the toys as I had as a kid if I had more money, but I don't so i thought I would just create this thread instead! Post the toys, games, video games, cartoons and films you loved as a kid!

I was a huge Thundercats fan, however it seems now they were never as popular as I thought, didn't have the longevity of He-Man or transformers. Looking at some of these toys takes me way back, some I forgot I had until I was going through these, strange how your memory suddenly remembers things yo havent thought of in decades.

http://nothingbutnostalgia.com/thundercats-toys/

I had all of these apart from Cheetara...didnt want to play with a girl. Had the Snowman too but didnt even realise he was a thundercat.

Didn't you start a similar thread a few months ago?
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:30 am

Pretty Terrible Attacking Options wrote:
overseasTOON wrote:When I was a kid hulahoops were all the rage and I pleaded and pleaded with my parents to get me one for Christmas but they bought me this instead:

Lies.

Your birthday is in April
:bandit:

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 am

Stroked m8
I dunno

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:52 pm

I knew OT was a liar all this time <mob>
REQUIEM

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:13 pm

I keep saying that nun a Mackem accent
Oolaoop
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Back on topic , I was at Tynemouth market on Sunday and they had a retro toy stand , I was so close to buying a manta force spacecraft but then I realised I was 34 and it would be weird.

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:03 am

Toondes wrote:Back on topic , I was at Tynemouth market on Sunday and they had a retro toy stand , I was so close to buying a manta force spacecraft but then I realised I was 34 and it would be weird.
<laugh>

And it's spelled 'ewla ewp' for full mackem effect <ok>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:24 am

I still collect transformers <laugh>

Got loads of the originals and started collecting this as I've not got a fully complete combiner.

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am

Don Sholeone wrote:I still collect transformers <laugh>

Got loads of the originals and started collecting this as I've not got a fully complete combiner.

That is quite sad. Haha
I can't wait till my son is older so I can play with Lego, mecchano, scalextrix. When I was a kid I used to love making airfix models , quite fancy getting back into that too.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:57 am

Toondes wrote:

That is quite sad. Haha
I can't wait till my son is older so I can play with Lego, mecchano, scalextrix. When I was a kid I used to love making airfix models , quite fancy getting back into that too.
Lego is great when you're a kid. When you become a parent it's total s*** because it just injures you and the deadly little bastard pieces are all over the house like IEDs.

I did buy miniOT some Lego but after a few weeks it mysteriously disappeared...

Also never buy a child Playdoh because it ****s up your house and is a b**** to get out of carpets, couches, door locks, cats/dogs and those little gaps in the wooden floor boards.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:34 pm

Toondes wrote:

That is quite sad. Haha
Most of my collection are originals from when I was a kid, I have a complete figure that sells for around £80 now, another 100+. Not bad considering most of my collection was picked from bootsales for 50p - £1.

With transformers half my interest is the mechanics of them, one of my collection pieces has 3 transformations and you can barely recognise the robot parts because it's so well designed. <gent>

PTAO?

Post by PTAO? » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:36 pm

Toondes wrote:

That is quite sad. Haha
I still get Lego for Christmas <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:09 pm

My step brother still has s*** loads of transformers from about 25 years ago in their original boxes never opened. Hoping I get them in his will then I'll eBay them <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?