Amateur Football Team

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Amateur Football Team

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sounds like i'm on a par with you in terms of ability!

I prefer doing things that make me work up a sweat tbh <perv>! Whilst walking a few miles around a golf course is exercise it's not really going to work up a sweat for me. That's why I used to play 6-a-side, I wasn't playing to get better (that was impossible) it was just about fitness.
Are you generally fit though? I think s*** players who are fit can get away with being s***. I'm really unfit so my lack of quality is more obvious <laugh>.
Yeah I go to the gym a few times a week so can run around no problem and at least look like I'm doing something of some value <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Duke wrote:
Donkey Toon wrote:
Sounds like Craigavon <laugh>

I dated a lass from Craigavon for a while. But whenever I went over for a visit we used to spend just about zero time there if we could help it. Used to head down to Newcastle in County Down instead. Could actually go to a pub there without worrying that you'd get the s*** kicked out of you because you had the wrong accent or were from the wrong religion.
I was in Newcastle over the weekend <awe>
Lucky you! <cheers>

I have fond memories of that place. Would love to go again.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Got tanked 6-3 in our first friendly today, albeit by a team 4 leagues above us. 3 goals conceded in the first fifteen minutes when we were still finding our feet. After that we played as a team matched them pound for pound 'til the final whistle. And to be fair, 3 of their goals were scored by a lad who doesn't even play for them, plays for a Championship team which is about 12 leagues above us <laugh> more importantly I'm captain, number nine, pair of classic black Umbro boots. Felt pure Shera 8)
Don't hinder the Trinder

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:Got tanked 6-3 in our first friendly today, albeit by a team 4 leagues above us. 3 goals conceded in the first fifteen minutes when we were still finding our feet. After that we played as a team matched them pound for pound 'til the final whistle. And to be fair, 3 of their goals were scored by a lad who doesn't even play for them, plays for a Championship team which is about 12 leagues above us <laugh> more importantly I'm captain, number nine, pair of classic black Umbro boots. Felt pure Shera 8)
<diva> Is there any way to donate a token amount to your team?
Kindly deeds done for free!

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:00 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:Got tanked 6-3 in our first friendly today, albeit by a team 4 leagues above us. 3 goals conceded in the first fifteen minutes when we were still finding our feet. After that we played as a team matched them pound for pound 'til the final whistle. And to be fair, 3 of their goals were scored by a lad who doesn't even play for them, plays for a Championship team which is about 12 leagues above us <laugh> more importantly I'm captain, number nine, pair of classic black Umbro boots. Felt pure Shera 8)
Woah! We'd never even considered anything like donations so we've certainly nothing in place yet. I could get toonforum.co.uk printed as the sponsor <laugh>
Thanks very much for the offer Dave but I'll have to politely decline! I wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money if they aren't benefiting from it in some way. Incredibly generous though, maybe you're not a t*** after all <smooch>
Don't hinder the Trinder

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:07 pm

I wouldn't say 6-3 is a tanking, especially if they're 4 leagues above you. I'd say you did alright.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:38 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
biggeordiedave wrote:
Woah! We'd never even considered anything like donations so we've certainly nothing in place yet. I could get toonforum.co.uk printed as the sponsor <laugh>
Thanks very much for the offer Dave but I'll have to politely decline! I wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone's money if they aren't benefiting from it in some way. Incredibly generous though, maybe you're not a t*** after all <smooch>
<gent>

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:53 pm

ToonForum as a sponsor <scratch> <scratch>
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:ToonForum as a sponsor <scratch> <scratch>
Cal would make us all pay, don't give him ideas.

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Hammered today again <diverk> once again, a team multiple leagues above us. Our main problem is individually each player is fantastic and they are doing the right things in terms of passing, tackling, tracking back BUT nobody is doing their specific jobs. For example the midfielders aren't dropping in to collect the ball so the centre backs are bombing up the pitch, we lose the ball and we've got 1 defender against three attackers.

But again, onwards and upwards! These kind of things are taught by training together and playing together so if we get hammered every match in pre-season? f***ing fine. We'll still go into the league optimistic.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:44 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:Hammered today again <diverk> once again, a team multiple leagues above us. Our main problem is individually each player is fantastic and they are doing the right things in terms of passing, tackling, tracking back BUT nobody is doing their specific jobs. For example the midfielders aren't dropping in to collect the ball so the centre backs are bombing up the pitch, we lose the ball and we've got 1 defender against three attackers.

But again, onwards and upwards! These kind of things are taught by training together and playing together so if we get hammered every match in pre-season? f***ing fine. We'll still go into the league optimistic.
Yeah need to people to play intelligently for the team rather than for themselves. You need a coaching session from Pulis!

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:Hammered today again <diverk> once again, a team multiple leagues above us. Our main problem is individually each player is fantastic and they are doing the right things in terms of passing, tackling, tracking back BUT nobody is doing their specific jobs. For example the midfielders aren't dropping in to collect the ball so the centre backs are bombing up the pitch, we lose the ball and we've got 1 defender against three attackers.

Yeah need to people to play intelligently for the team rather than for themselves. You need a coaching session from Pulis!
The best way to describe it is we'd absolutely kill anyone in 5 aside. We're so good at passing and moving and taking men on but once it breaks down, we're completely exposed at the back. It really makes me appreciate more structured, boring teams like your Pulis comment.

Also, for the past 2 weeks we haven't had a manager so I've had to fill in and I do not know what the f*** I am talking about.
Don't hinder the Trinder

PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by PTAO? » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:44 am

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
The best way to describe it is we'd absolutely kill anyone in 5 aside. We're so good at passing and moving and taking men on but once it breaks down, we're completely exposed at the back. It really makes me appreciate more structured, boring teams like your Pulis comment.

Also, for the past 2 weeks we haven't had a manager so I've had to fill in and I do not know what the f*** I am talking about.
You could always embrace it an incorporate it to play with a more total football philosophy. Sounds like you have the ability, just not the mindset

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:36 pm

f***ing first win 8) 8) 8)
Hammered a team 4 leagues above us 5-2. Don't think I've ever been as proud in my life.
Don't hinder the Trinder

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:26 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:f***ing first win 8) 8) 8)
Hammered a team 4 leagues above us 5-2. Don't think I've ever been as proud in my life.
Playing smarter then?!

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Who'd you beat out of interest? A load of fellas in my work play for teams in Lurgan
I dunno

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:10 pm

<diva>

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Duke wrote:Who'd you beat out of interest? A load of fellas in my work play for teams in Lurgan
We beat Donacloney. Just outside Lurgan, as I'm sure you know. I've actually avoided organising friendlies with teams from Lurgan because none of the teams in our league are from Lurgan, and I didn't want it being a knock to any of my boys' morale if they were getting beat by people they know.

But if anyone from your work plays for Lurgan Utd, Goodyear, or Silverwood then they're absolute knobs 8)

Edit: Although I'm surprised anyone smart enough to be an accountant would play for a Lurgan team <scratch>
Don't hinder the Trinder

MultipleJesuses
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by MultipleJesuses » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
MultipleJesuses wrote:f***ing first win 8) 8) 8)
Playing smarter then?!
Much smarter. Both our centre backs actually stayed in defence this week <laugh>
Don't hinder the Trinder

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:57 pm

MultipleJesuses wrote:
Duke wrote:Who'd you beat out of interest? A load of fellas in my work play for teams in Lurgan
We beat Donacloney. Just outside Lurgan, as I'm sure you know. I've actually avoided organising friendlies with teams from Lurgan because none of the teams in our league are from Lurgan, and I didn't want it being a knock to any of my boys' morale if they were getting beat by people they know.

But if anyone from your work plays for Lurgan Utd, Goodyear, or Silverwood then they're absolute knobs 8)

Edit: Although I'm surprised anyone smart enough to be an accountant would play for a Lurgan team <scratch>
Lurgan United maybe? One is quite smart and the other's an idiot. Neither are accountants though. Neither am I*. There on compulsory placement for uni

*Yet <kray>
I dunno