Re: General Election 2017

Post by PTAO? » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:26 am

Can't wait for Brexit negotiations now.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 am

A night that showed that the leaders of our two biggest parties arent fit to govern us. May humiliated but Corbyn has still ultimately failed.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:58 am

Two Tories brought onto the BBC this morning after the result was confirmed, with nothing useful to say or do besides to get the piss blasted out of them by Andrew Neill. Presumably they asked for a f***ing fortune for that TV appearance <laugh>.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 am

skalpel wrote:Two Tories brought onto the BBC this morning after the result was confirmed, with nothing useful to say or do besides to get the piss blasted out of them by Andrew Neill. Presumably they asked for a f***ing fortune for that TV appearance <laugh>.
I can't believe one of them had the audacity to say that the British people had voted for a Conservative government!
Kindly deeds done for free!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
skalpel wrote:Two Tories brought onto the BBC this morning after the result was confirmed, with nothing useful to say or do besides to get the piss blasted out of them by Andrew Neill. Presumably they asked for a f***ing fortune for that TV appearance <laugh>.
I can't believe one of them had the audacity to say that the British people had voted for a Conservative government!
<laugh> yeah he had the look of somebody who is used to being humoured for talking bollocks, but even on this occasion couldn't help but grin at his own planet-scale hubris.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am

PTAO wrote:Can't wait for Brexit negotiations now.
<laugh> <laugh>
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Ramone
Interblew
Interblew

Post by Ramone » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:09 am

Magdia wrote:A night that showed that the leaders of our two biggest parties arent fit to govern us. May humiliated but Corbyn has still ultimately failed.
Almost every single pundit is saying this is a victory for Labour <erm>
REQUIEM

TommyToon
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by TommyToon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:25 am

Don Sholeone wrote:Elections just wouldn't be the same without the weirdos <laugh>

[tweet][/tweet]
My constituency <awe> <awe>
I'm cycling 6 stages of the Tour de France in July 2018 to raise money for charity. If you'd like to sponsor me then please click the link in my user profile! Thank you!

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:56 am

TommyToonAA wrote:
Don Sholeone wrote:Elections just wouldn't be the same without the weirdos <laugh>

[tweet][/tweet]
Tis but a scratch

TommyToon
Big Joe's Hawaiian Shirt

Post by TommyToon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Tsi wrote:
TommyToonAA wrote:
Tis but a scratch
Lord Buckethead had one of the best manifestos I've read (quite long so put it in spoilers so as not to annoy people):
SpoilerShow
MY 2017 MANIFESTO: Strong, not entirely stable, leadership

1. The abolition of the Lords (except me).

2. Full facial coverings to be kept legal, especially bucket-related headgear.

3. No third runway to be built at Heathrow: where we’re going we don’t need runways.

4. Ceefax to be brought back immediately, with The Oracle and other Teletext services to be rolled out by the next Parliament.

5. Regeneration of Nicholson’s Shopping Centre, Maidenhead.

6. Buckethead on Brexit: a referendum should be held about whether there should be a second referendum.

7. Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

8. Nationalisation of Adele: in order to maximise the efficient use of UK resources, the time is right for great British assets to be brought into public ownership for the common good. This is to be achieved through capital spending.

9. A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.

10. Legalisation of the hunting of fox-hunters.

11. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

12. Katie Hopkins to be banished to the Phantom Zone.

13. Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Start buying lasers from Lord Buckethead.

14. Prospective MPs to live in the seat they wish to represent for at least five years before election, to improve local representation in Parliament.

15. Free bikes for everyone, to help combat obesity, traffic congestion and bike theft.
Last edited by TommyToon on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cycling 6 stages of the Tour de France in July 2018 to raise money for charity. If you'd like to sponsor me then please click the link in my user profile! Thank you!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Ramone wrote:
Magdia wrote:A night that showed that the leaders of our two biggest parties arent fit to govern us. May humiliated but Corbyn has still ultimately failed.
Aye but he said he was running to win a majority and become PM, he didn't win a majority and isn't PM, therefore he failed. There are small Labour victories, such as having defied the pundits who said it would be a Tory landslide, making May look an even bigger buffoon, and having brought in the biggest Labour vote share in generations, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't failed to do what he said out to do.

That a Labour government charged with optimism and after a very good campaign still couldn't snap away the bony grip of this f***ing funereal Tory government led by an jittering and vacuous ninny is a really devastating testament to why it matters that you aren't hauling about so much baggage if you want the top jobs in politics. Even the rift within Labour over Corbyn was in no small part because nearly everybody expected him to get so battered in the press for his previous ballsups and convictions (as well as that of his selected coterie) that a vote for him would be beyond the principles of many people who would otherwise consider giving him a go.

Seagull
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by Seagull » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

DUP <erk> <erk>
"He's on the computer in his underwear wasting time in some chitchat room, going back & forth with some other fuckin' jerkoff"

Tony Soprano

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:11 pm

Ramone wrote:
If you think that not winning enough seats to be able to form a government, even in a coaliton is a success despite May running possibly the worst campaign in human history then you are looking at everything wrong. The Tories will still form a government, their share of.the vote actually increased from 2015! He has acheived a minor swing which under normal circumstances wpuld have yielded nothing and I suspect if.he had been up against Cameron he would have been soundly beaten.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:DUP <erk> <erk>
I guess it gives May room to make her Brexit screwups look like acquiescence to the interests of Northern Ireland and the border <scratch>.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:12 pm

This is a Tory defeat not a Labour victory.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:18 pm

TommyToonAA wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Tis but a scratch
Lord Buckethead had one of the best manifestos I've read (quite long so put it in spoilers so as not to annoy people):
SpoilerShow

3. No third runway to be built at Heathrow: where we’re going we don’t need runways.

4. Ceefax to be brought back immediately, with The Oracle and other Teletext services to be rolled out by the next Parliament.

6. Buckethead on Brexit: a referendum should be held about whether there should be a second referendum.

7. Nuclear weapons: A firm public commitment to build the £100bn renewal of the Trident weapons system, followed by an equally firm private commitment not to build it. They’re secret submarines, no one will ever know. It’s a win win.

8. Nationalisation of Adele: in order to maximise the efficient use of UK resources, the time is right for great British assets to be brought into public ownership for the common good. This is to be achieved through capital spending.

9. A moratorium until 2022 on whether Birmingham should be converted into a star base.

11. New voting age limit of 16 to be introduced. New voting age limit of 80 to be introduced too.

13. Stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia. Start buying lasers from Lord Buckethead.

14. Prospective MPs to live in the seat they wish to represent for at least five years before election, to improve local representation in Parliament.

15. Free bikes for everyone, to help combat obesity, traffic congestion and bike theft.
<laugh>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Magdia wrote:
Ramone wrote:
If you think that not winning enough seats to be able to form a government, even in a coaliton is a success despite May running possibly the worst campaign in human history then you are looking at everything wrong. The Tories will still form a government, their share of.the vote actually increased from 2015! He has acheived a minor swing which under normal circumstances wpuld have yielded nothing and I suspect if.he had been up against Cameron he would have been soundly beaten.
Rubbish. Corbyn gained 3.5million Labour voters from the last election. The 18-24 turnout was over 70% and heavily in favour of Labour. The Tories don't have a majority and if May was at all sane or respectable she'd resign. The 50-100 majority she was expecting when she called the election has been wiped out. When Corbyn took over he was one of the most unpopular figures in politics, he's completely changed that in under 2 years.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:44 pm

He's won a few victories, yes, but he has failed to knock the Tories (whos share also increased) out of government. If youre not aiming for that as the party of opposition then what are you aiming for? Hes done really well but fallen short and if May hadnt been such a pantomime villan she would have won.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:51 pm

TommyToonAA wrote:
Tsi wrote:
Tis but a scratch
SpoilerShow

<laugh>

Sensible policies for a modern Britain. I'd have voted for him. Especially approve of the bringing back of Ceefax and nationalisation of Adele.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Number 15 would probably work, you don't see many fat people in Amsterdam.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?