Ingenious Colgate advert

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Ingenious Colgate advert

Post by daib0 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Please do not glance at the end until you have looked at the three photos!
Pay close attention to each !

Colgate has created a very ingenious advertising campaign to promote their dental floss.

But.... before I explain to you the main detail of these images, I will let you observe these photos quietly on your own.

Couple Number 1
Couple Number 2
Couple Number 3

Alright.......... now that you've had time to quietly

observe each of the three images.....

* In the first photograph, you might have noticed that the woman has six fingers on her left hand?

* In the second photograph, a phantom arm is floating behind the man, and,

* In the third photograph, the man has only one ear.

The campaign attained its purpose. It proved that food debris on your teeth will draw more attention than any physical defect does!!

How well did you do??
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Ingenious Colgate advert

Post by skalpel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Genuinely didn't notice the food debris, I was too busy hating them. I guess this proves that looking obnoxious will draw more attention than bad dental hygiene <scratch>.

I wonder if they knew they were going to have hideous gunk photoshopped onto their teeth when they posed for those photos, or if they went home very pleased with themselves for getting the Colgate job with their prized pearly whites.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Worked on me. I didn't notice.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:20 pm

I don't think there is any great science at play here. We are told that the advert is for colgate and are asked to look at three pictures. Because it is colgate we are going to sub-consciously be drawn to look initially at the mouth/teeth because that is the area of the body important to the product in question. Then having noticed the food deposit on the teeth of the man in the first photo we are going to be looking for more of the same in the next two photos and are guaranteed to see them in preference to any other abnormality. Chances are we will also stop looking for anything else because we will assume we have found the thing we are supposed to be looking for.

Had the advert been for a shampoo we would have looked at the hair first and noticed the planted hair based anomaly there first of all.

It will no doubt be effective but it isn't really that clever.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:I don't think there is any great science at play here. We are told that the advert is for colgate and are asked to look at three pictures. Because it is colgate we are going to sub-consciously be drawn to look initially at the mouth/teeth because that is the area of the body important to the product in question. Then having noticed the food deposit on the teeth of the man in the first photo we are going to be looking for more of the same in the next two photos and are guaranteed to see them in preference to any other abnormality. Chances are we will also stop looking for anything else because we will assume we have found the thing we are supposed to be looking for.

Had the advert been for a shampoo we would have looked at the hair first and noticed the planted hair based anomaly there first of all.

good post!! <applause>
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 am

Donkey Toon wrote:I don't think there is any great science at play here. We are told that the advert is for colgate and are asked to look at three pictures. Because it is colgate we are going to sub-consciously be drawn to look initially at the mouth/teeth because that is the area of the body important to the product in question. Then having noticed the food deposit on the teeth of the man in the first photo we are going to be looking for more of the same in the next two photos and are guaranteed to see them in preference to any other abnormality. Chances are we will also stop looking for anything else because we will assume we have found the thing we are supposed to be looking for.

All of this.
Kindly deeds done for free!