"Elderly" car plates a good idea?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

"Elderly" car plates a good idea?

Post by daib0 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:40 am

NZ seniors' group hits back at 'elderly driver' plates

A New Zealand lobby group for senior citizens has criticised a company for selling special plates for cars telling road users that the driver is elderly. The so-called "E-plates" are being sold by Auckland-based company SafeGrannies as a weapon against road rage, the Stuff.co.nz news website reports.

"A large percentage of road rage could be removed if [drivers] were aware who was in front of them," says company founder Nick Carrol, pointing out that the signs have similar intentions to 'baby on board' signs used by parents in encouraging other drivers to slow down.

But the Grey Power lobby group for over-50s says the NZ$12 (US$9; £6) signs are "ageist". Its president Tom O'Connor says that he suspects they will do nothing for "the conduct of idiots on the roads".

if you want to read a wee bit more: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from ... ow_twitter

So I invite you to have a quick think - with the population ever aging, in 2050 maybe half the citizens will be 65+ - is a good idea to have "Elderly" identifications on cars to curb the impatience of the 'youngsters'?

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Re: "Elderly" car plates a good idea?

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:50 pm

On the contrary, I think it would be a better idea to have " young c*nt " displayed on the cars of those who become f*cking idiots once they've passed their test.
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:27 pm

jimileysbaldhead wrote:On the contrary, I think it would be a better idea to have " young c*nt " displayed on the cars of those who become f*cking idiots once they've passed their test.
New drivers have to wear P plates for a while don't they?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

jimileysbaldhead
Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Post by jimileysbaldhead » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
jimileysbaldhead wrote:On the contrary, I think it would be a better idea to have " young c*nt " displayed on the cars of those who become f*cking idiots once they've passed their test.
I may be wrong but I think the P plate is optional. My gripe is the boy racers who drive like maniacs, endangering every other bugger on the roads.
My problem is reconciling my gross behaviour with my net income.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:34 pm

jimileysbaldhead wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:
I may be wrong but I think the P plate is optional. My gripe is the boy racers who drive like maniacs, endangering every other bugger on the roads.
Oh right, probably should make it compulsory.

Yeah boy racers are just twats. 95% of the time they're driving around in wrecks but they think they're kings. When I see people driving like morons I hope that they wrap their car round a tree, so long as they kill themselves and don't hurt anyone else in the process I'd say that's a win for the rest of us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 am

so ... the biggest dangers are those over 85 going at under 20, and those under 20 going over 85!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Aldridge Prior
Dogemanding Traitor
Dogemanding Traitor

Post by Aldridge Prior » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:36 am

Boy racers are complete twats to be fair, with their little souped-up s***-boxes, but on a daily basis I'd say pensioners are more annoying and often more dangerous because there are so mamy of them.

Every single day I have to undertake an old fart doing 45mph in the right hand lane on the A1 heading North past Team Valley, or second guess which way they're going at a roundabout because they can't find the indicator in their pastel blue Honda Jazz.