Coronavirus

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: Coronavirus

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri May 01, 2020 11:56 am

It's been well publicised that deaths are at a record high for this time of year. I imagine a fairly large number of those who have sadly died would have likely died in 2020 anyway, but covid has certainly hastened their death. I think we'll probably see death rates fall below their usual later on in the year/next year.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri May 01, 2020 3:09 pm

It was reported the other week deaths were 8000 above the average with 1/3 confirmed as covid related, dont know what the up to date figures are though

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Jersey starting to loosen up some of our restrictions now to try and actively get more people infected at a manageable rate. We've only had just under 300 infections (0.3% of pop) and 23 deaths (0.02%).

Can't say I disagree with the plan, especially in a closed system like we have over here. Getting as many healthy people immune is the only way we'll start to be free of it without waiting a year for a vaccine and means can make the island safe enough for those who are more at risk. Feels odd to actually agree with our governments' handling of something for a change...
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri May 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Lidl wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm
Jersey starting to loosen up some of our restrictions now to try and actively get more people infected at a manageable rate. We've only had just under 300 infections (0.3% of pop) and 23 deaths (0.02%).

Can't say I disagree with the plan, especially in a closed system like we have over here. Getting as many healthy people immune is the only way we'll start to be free of it without waiting a year for a vaccine and means can make the island safe enough for those who are more at risk. Feels odd to actually agree with our governments' handling of something for a change...
That's if the infected develop and keep immunity and the disease doesn't mutate too much. None of which is certain yet
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Yeah, same in Guernsey. Infact we are a week ahead in re-opening with a new load of measures coming into place tomorrow, including allowing one additional "bubble" of contact, i.e. you can now interact with one additional household and allowing some sporting leasure activities, such as fishing or singles tennis. Generally agree with the measures, with a little concern that it might be a bit early. Some of the smaller islands are looking at re-opening schools because they (Alderney and Sark) have yet to register a single case. So that makes sense.

Unfortunately i'm going to be stuck at home until there is a vaccine, however long that takes. Which is a bugger.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:22 pm
Yeah, same in Guernsey. Infact we are a week ahead in re-opening with a new load of measures coming into place tomorrow, including allowing one additional "bubble" of contact, i.e. you can now interact with one additional household and allowing some sporting leasure activities, such as fishing or singles tennis. Generally agree with the measures, with a little concern that it might be a bit early. Some of the smaller islands are looking at re-opening schools because they (Alderney and Sark) have yet to register a single case. So that makes sense.

Unfortunately i'm going to be stuck at home until there is a vaccine, however long that takes. Which is a bugger.
Stay safe buddy <hug>

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sun May 03, 2020 8:48 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52517996

And so the hero myth begins.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun May 03, 2020 9:17 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 8:48 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52517996

And so the hero myth begins.
Saving the country from his deathbed <awe>

Still upper lip <awe>
SpoilerShow
Stiff <perv>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sun May 03, 2020 10:34 am

The hero myth begins and he is the one pushing it.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm

My little sister has MS so this whole thing has hit her quite hard as she's on autoimmune medication and can't take any additional risk with going out for what now seems to be a very long foreseeable future.

Obviously she's struggling to cope with these thoughts and has sort of cut off all communication with family and friends apart from the odd update on social media.

Not sure if it's a coping mechanism but if it is; it doesn't feel like a healthy one to me but I keep persevering with trying to start a chat to let her know we all love her dearly.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu May 07, 2020 9:34 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:17 pm
My little sister has MS so this whole thing has hit her quite hard as she's on autoimmune medication and can't take any additional risk with going out for what now seems to be a very long foreseeable future.

Obviously she's struggling to cope with these thoughts and has sort of cut off all communication with family and friends apart from the odd update on social media.

Not sure if it's a coping mechanism but if it is; it doesn't feel like a healthy one to me but I keep persevering with trying to start a chat to let her know we all love her dearly.
:( That's f***ing rough. Glad you're persevering with it though as I'm sure that does mean a lot to her.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 am

Wonder what restrictions will be lifted Monday? Let's be honest it doesn't matter, it will be carnage, make social distancing harder to follow and enforce and cost lives. Now the papers and Johnson have spaffed their load even if they dont lift anything in the end people will feel entitled to it and go out anyway.

Joke government, joke of a population in all honesty, I've always been one for backing the 'national interest' and defending people but jesus christ. We haven't even had a proper lockdown and selfish **** are wanting to get out and about. I'm all for just mapping it out, I think a clear roadmap has been held back too long but fear that people will just drop everything now.

Would leave the country after all this is done but I wont be able to go anywhere <laugh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 07, 2020 10:51 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:22 am
Wonder what restrictions will be lifted Monday? Let's be honest it doesn't matter, it will be carnage, make social distancing harder to follow and enforce and cost lives. Now the papers and Johnson have spaffed their load even if they dont lift anything in the end people will feel entitled to it and go out anyway.

Joke government, joke of a population in all honesty, I've always been one for backing the 'national interest' and defending people but jesus christ. We haven't even had a proper lockdown and selfish **** are wanting to get out and about. I'm all for just mapping it out, I think a clear roadmap has been held back too long but fear that people will just drop everything now.

Would leave the country after all this is done but I wont be able to go anywhere <laugh>
The Tories have been shambolic (unsurprisingly) for the most part. Fact is, the NHS has coped well under extraordinary circumstances in-spite of the Governments response and in-spite of a decades worth of budget cuts by the Tories.

I do think that the majority of people in the UK have complied (tho admittedly some bellends). But I do think that there is a sense or expectation that lots of people will get to Sunday and think 'right, we can get out now and do what we want'.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am

Well that does it .... not inviting you lot across this summer!
<yikes> <ohnoes>

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/b ... n=sharebar
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 07, 2020 11:20 am

daib0 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:08 am
<yikes> <ohnoes>

Time to get my Irish passport out of the drawer then ;)

And how awful is that Mirror website!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Thu May 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:20 am
daib0 wrote:
<yikes> <ohnoes>

Time to get my Irish passport out of the drawer then ;)

And how awful is that Mirror website!
Is it as bad as the Evening Chronicle's website? That used to BSOD one of my old laptops.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu May 07, 2020 5:44 pm

daib0 wrote:
<yikes> <ohnoes>

"Struggling tourism industry could refuse huge revenue stream"

Aye right

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat May 09, 2020 3:49 pm

This weekend has been an absolute disaster, you would think the lockdown had been cancelled. It's pretty heart breaking, I'm sat witnessing social distancing and lockdown being flagrantly breached. This country, this society is f***ed beyond repair and I honestly cannot see a way back for it.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sat May 09, 2020 4:42 pm

Yeah our street had be party and there were twenty kids on a dance floor on the road, no distancing at all
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Yep, absolute morons everywhere. You can’t even pin it down to certain social groupings, it’s literally people from every conceivable background. How hard is it to stay inside for 8 weeks (and it’s not even ‘stay inside my, you can still go for exercise and to the supermarket).

The government have rightly been criticised for numerous colossal f*** ups, but the ignorance / stupidity / selfishness of a significant amount of the population is equally disgusting.