biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Re: Coronavirus

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:46 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:36 am
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... id-19-life

Island nation got it right and is getting back to normal...population differences aside, we should have shut everything down at the first sign of trouble like NZ did rather than t*** around even though we saw what was happening in Spain and Italy and anyone with half a braincell knew it was going to hit us hard here.
BE NICE TO BORIS. HE HAS A REALLY HARD JOB AND YOU COULDN'T DO ANY BETTER <fist>
Kindly deeds done for free!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 am

I bought masks for the whole family a few months back based on the cycling masks design and so far they've been decent. The mask itself is washable and can take replacement filters which can also be steam cleaned.

Years back, I was given a vegetable steamer as a gift and had never used it. Turns out that it's perfect for steam cleaning the masks and filters!

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 am

I'm starting to feel sorry for Matt Hancock during the daily updates and how he's being treated in the press.

He's the only one who asks journalists and members of the public if they are happy with the response they've received and allows follow up questions to help clarify.

Compare that to everyone else who simply answers/avoids answering and moves onto the next journalist.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:02 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:51 am
Years back, I was given a vegetable steamer as a gift and had never used it. Turns out that it's perfect for steam cleaning the masks and filters!
<laugh>
biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:46 am
BE NICE TO BORIS. HE HAS A REALLY HARD JOB AND YOU COULDN'T DO ANY BETTER <fist>
<laugh> My mistake, tbf it was impossible for Boris The Great to see the silent assailant approaching and ready to mug us!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:56 am
I'm starting to feel sorry for Matt Hancock during the daily updates and how he's being treated in the press.

He's the only one who asks journalists and members of the public if they are happy with the response they've received and allows follow up questions to help clarify.

Compare that to everyone else who simply answers/avoids answering and moves onto the next journalist.
He is going to be thrown under a thousand buses when this is over.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:21 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 am
overseasTOON wrote:

He is going to be thrown under a hundred thousand buses when this is over.
<ski>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:25 am

Agreed entirely. It's insane that we spent February and March going "we're two weeks behind Italy" and didn't learn anything. Some of the idiot mouthpieces are still saying "we're two weeks behind Italy" in regard to coming out of lockdown, ignoring our ridiculous death count in the last two months.

Edit: in response to Benny an hour ago. I should stop half formulating posts then forgetting about them.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:31 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:03 am
overseasTOON wrote:

He is going to be thrown under a thousand buses when this is over.
He's been set up as the fall guy since the beginning, I don't think he's been great but they will crucify him and he still had to defend Cummings, the man who will drive the last nail in. <laugh>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:22 pm

JamesWurr wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 pm
I'm currently writing my Master's Dissertation on the Premier League's Project Restart. Would be really appreciated if any fellow Mags could fill out my survey. Will only take 10 minutes. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Premie ... tRestart11
Stop spamming all the threads man
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Crowchild
Tindall's Hoody

Post by Crowchild » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:20 am

I wonder how things currently are in other European countries? The number of new cases per day had decreased at the start of summer so the quarantine was lifted, but now it's getting worse here, so seems like quarantine will happen again.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 am

I know through my work that Madrid is having a big spike in cases again.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:48 am

Toondes wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:22 pm
JamesWurr wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:56 pm
I'm currently writing my Master's Dissertation on the Premier League's Project Restart. Would be really appreciated if any fellow Mags could fill out my survey. Will only take 10 minutes. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Premie ... tRestart11
Stop spamming all the threads man
Should i bring out the ban hammer?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:23 pm

In England, there are now 305 Coronavirus patients in hospital with 33 on ventilation. At the peak these numbers were around 17,000 and 2,800. We're nowhere near a 'second wave'.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:59 pm

ALF wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:23 pm
In England, there are now 305 Coronavirus patients in hospital with 33 on ventilation. At the peak these numbers were around 17,000 and 2,800. We're nowhere near a 'second wave'.
Remember how quickly it got out of hand the first time.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 am

ALF wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:23 pm
But it can grow exponentially and more so in the winter, so you have to nix it before that exponential growth occurs. So remains a possibility at some point.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:46 am

Agreed, just looking at current cases doesn’t really work. We won’t have a “second wave” for a while, far from it. But I think it’s widely accepted that there will be a significant rise in cases again over the winter months.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Yeah I don't doubt that the numbers will rise again at some point. There's too many asymptomatic carriers for it not to keep spreading but it's good to see that it's under control and we're returning to some sort of normality.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Neymar has it now, it doesn’t take much to floor him so we should all say a little prayer for him.

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:01 am

I'm back in lockdown <diva>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:21 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm
Neymar has it now, it doesn’t take much to floor him so we should all say a little prayer for him.
Did Di Maria spit on him?