<ohnoes>
Kindly deeds done for free!

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Donkey Toon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Good idea!

I see the situation is bringing out the inner-cronut in people. Six ambulances vandalised and three teenagers arrested for deliberately coughing in an elderly couple's faces. Wtf is wrong with some people?

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Good idea!

I see the situation is bringing out the inner-cronut in people. Six ambulances vandalised and three teenagers arrested for deliberately coughing in an elderly couple's faces. Wtf is wrong with some people?
I saw that earlier. It's so f***ing frustrating. I just can't get my head around how s*** people are.

Yesterday I dropped my mam's Mother's Day card off and had a quick chat with her from the end of her driveway. I don't know when I'll be able to see her properly again or when she'll next be able to see my 5 month old son and it breaks my f***ing heart. The best I can hope for is driving up to her house so she can see him through the car window. Yet just down the road there were crowds of people queuing outside a f***ing chippy <urgh> . I can't wait for this to end.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm

The amount of morons who went to the beach etc over the weekend is bloody ridiculous. I watched the news earlier and an Italian doctor was on, he said what people were doing her was effectively mass suicide. People should look at Italy and Spain and see it’s going to happen here in all likelihood. Hopefully the government forces people to stay inside sooner rather than later.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:25 pm
The amount of morons who went to the beach etc over the weekend is bloody ridiculous. I watched the news earlier and an Italian doctor was on, he said what people were doing her was effectively mass suicide. People should look at Italy and Spain and see it’s going to happen here in all likelihood. Hopefully the government forces people to stay inside sooner rather than later.
There are still way too many people who think it's just like the flu and that they'll be fine if they get it. They don't realise that they can spread it to people who can spread it to people who can spread it to more people who may not fair so well. Tens of thousands of people are going to die, and many of them will have been totally avoidable.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 pm

I know, it’s like where the hell has peoples common sense gone? I know if I got it I’d be fine as I’m young (relatively) and healthy, but I’m hardly going to go and play football in the park or something and risk spreading it to someone who could then infect someone vulnerable. It’s so bloody annoying.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:47 pm
I know, it’s like where the hell has peoples common sense gone? I know if I got it I’d be fine as I’m young (relatively) and healthy, but I’m hardly going to go and play football in the park or something and risk spreading it to someone who could then infect someone vulnerable. It’s so bloody annoying.
Funnily enough I’ve been considering making the most of the abandoned football pitches near me and going by myself to ping some free kicks in

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Boris making his daily announcement in 15 minutes. This one has been hyped right up though, lockdown?

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:37 pm

Lockdown <diva> Thank god.

Powers to disperse crowds of over 2 and fine those breaching rules. Great news, late but hopefully it won't prove to be fatal.

daib0
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Inter-Forum Gamemaster
Location: Spain (Pamplona) - England (Reading, when back home)

Post by daib0 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:40 am

I've been begging everyone on several forums to take it seriously for some time now, from seeing it balloon in Spain. People just didn't want to see it come. Now it's simply too late, it's passing around tens of thousands of you....
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 am

daib0 wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:40 am
I've been begging everyone on several forums to take it seriously for some time now, from seeing it balloon in Spain. People just didn't want to see it come. Now it's simply too late, it's passing around tens of thousands of you....
It's going to get much worse before it gets better but if people follow the rules the tide will turn.

One thing that is worrying me is how many employers are trying to get people to work.

Micky Quim
PSA Chairman
PSA Chairman

Post by Micky Quim » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 am

Heading into work, Im expecting police road blocks everywhere....

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 am

Just as I recover <laugh>

Stay indoors.

Can I can go out in my garden though?

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 am

Stay indoors.

Sounds like you may be able to go to sportsdirect! <yikes> <fist>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 am

UlversToon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am
overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 am

Stay indoors.

And just like that; SportsDirect wont open <laugh>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:32 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 am
UlversToon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

And just like that; SportsDirect wont open <laugh>
<ok> <laugh>

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:45 am

I've been trying to stay as informed as possible without going overboard as well as staying away from mainstream media. So reading around there was a piece by a scientist (2013 Nobel prize winner I think it was) he basically analysed Covid-19 in china, back in February, he was saying that looking at death rates is completely the wrong way to look at things and instead said to look at rate of infection, and using that data he pretty much predicted the whole timeline for the chinese outbreak, so day by day hes said to watch the pattern by which it was increasing, the overall numbers were going up as well as deaths but the rate of infection was steadying and beginning its decline.

Edit: the guy is called Michael Levitt, and he seems to be doing the rounds in British Media today

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 pm

I have to work (train driver ). Yesterday there were 7 people on my train from Newcastle to kings cross. It’s madness , still sending trains out every half an hour
# stolen from nufc.com :)

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:00 pm

My wife had to go into central London yesterday and Southern are running a vastly reduced service with all trains having been shortened to 4 carriages from the original 12 so everyone was still cramped together.

She opted to walk a few miles to her appointment rather than take a tube/bus.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 pm

A fair few people around at 'rush hour' but reasonably quiet up here in York. Hopefully it gets quieter as places fully shutdown. Hopefully police powers will become more clear as days go by, it's easy enough to move people on but not a system in place for fines yet