Coronavirus

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Donkey Toon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 am

The most annoying thing about the reactions of those who complain about the restrictions, the anti-maskers and the civil liberty complainants, is that they are the same ones who almost undoubtedly will shout the loudest that the Government hasn't done enough when they themselves feel the direct cost of covid-19, either through personal ill-health or the loss of somebody close to them.

I just want to bash their collective heads together and tell them to stop being such stupid and selfish cunts.

Blue & Maroon
France (Benzema)
France (Benzema)

Post by Blue & Maroon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:49 am

Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 am
The most annoying thing about the reactions of those who complain about the restrictions, the anti-maskers and the civil liberty complainants, is that they are the same ones who almost undoubtedly will shout the loudest that the Government hasn't done enough when they themselves feel the direct cost of covid-19, either through personal ill-health or the loss of somebody close to them.

I just want to bash their collective heads together and tell them to stop being such stupid and selfish cunts.
I cant understand being anti mask. Everyone wears a seat belt, follows the speed limit, wears ppe at work, hard hats high viz etc but a mask, which isn't even uncomfortable to wear is an infringement on your civil liberties? Loons.

I wear one every time I leave the house.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:23 am

Blue & Maroon wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:49 am
Donkey Toon wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 am

I cant understand being anti mask. Everyone wears a seat belt, follows the speed limit, wears ppe at work, hard hats high viz etc but a mask, which isn't even uncomfortable to wear is an infringement on your civil liberties? Loons.

I wear one every time I leave the house.
Some of my family have gone off the deep end with this - I was back in Newcastle the other month and someone was in a right state going on about how masks are like a wire mesh fence to the virus, and moments later saying you can't breathe while wearing them...

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am

People were sharing the s*** out of an Independent article with a headline that basically said 'UK Health Chief - Masks are Ineffective.' Anyone who took the time to read it would know she was actually pointing out that masks are ineffective if you still don't wash your hands, wash your mask or refrain from touching your face etc.
Kindly deeds done for free!

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Suppose the scenario in which there is no vaccine. How long would it take before we began to draw this conclusion, or at least to accept that it could be decades? Then what happens next? What do we think 'learning to live with' this virus would look like exactly? How could or should we adapt?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 pm

I guess if there is a scenario with no vaccine for a long time then we'll just have to keep things as normal as possible while accepting there will be 'collateral damage' for want of a better word in that older/vulnerable people will keep dying, but taking being a decent human being out of it, the number / % of people dying is still incredibly low in the grand scheme of things?

Locking down areas / businesses / travel / pubs etc. long term just isn't viable on many levels. It's risk v reward essentially. That's the heartless way of putting it.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am

Nothing brings the nation together better than a football inspired ditty. Who can forget the classic “Three Lions” in 1996? I still fondly recall “World in Motion” from 1990! Who can actually recall “Vindaloo” by Fat Les in 1998 though because that was s***?

All this brought me to thinking; what better way to unite the nation and get the message across than using these popular tunes.

“It’s coming home” could now be “We’re staying in” repeated to re-enforce the message that it could be coming home if you don’t stay in.
“Three Lions on a shirt” could now be “Three tiers on a chart” to educate people.

Even bring back Barnes with a new rap about the R-rate:

You've got to stay at home
Go out at the right time
It's gone from slow to fast
Reduce the infection line

Maybe popular football chants have a place in this national epidemic education scheme?
The crowd-pleasing taunt of the referee could become “Whose the wanker without a mask?”
“You’ve got one more, You’ve got one more, You’ve got one more tier than us” to remind people about the dangers of travelling to meet outside your own family bubble?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Looks like a vaccine is on the horizon though. Not having one is too depressing to contemplate.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm
Looks like a vaccine is on the horizon though. Not having one is too depressing to contemplate.
My sister has MS so has to shelter. She hasn't really been able to leave the house since mid-March and can't even meet up with other people in her garden either so this year has been horrendous for her.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:27 pm
Hjl wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm
My sister has MS so has to shelter. She hasn't really been able to leave the house since mid-March and can't even meet up with other people in her garden either so this year has been horrendous for her.
My dad too. Haven't seen him since xmas. Problem is my sister's husband left her so needs my parents and nursery to look after son. So my dad is exposed to the nursery. Worrying
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Done my first two days in the office since March. I don’t mind being back but it’s pointless. I sat in my office doing exactly the same as I would do from home. Meetings still have to be on zoom etc as not allowed face to face ones. So basically I’ve taken 4 trains a day, spent £19.60 on train fares just to sit in a different building.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm
Done my first two days in the office since March. I don’t mind being back but it’s pointless. I sat in my office doing exactly the same as I would do from home. Meetings still have to be on zoom etc as not allowed face to face ones. So basically I’ve taken 4 trains a day, spent £19.60 on train fares just to sit in a different building.
I've just given up my £50 per month parking space (it used to be £10 :() as I haven't used it since March and have no plans to until at least March 2021.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:57 am

Wales look like they're going into a 2-3 week national lockdown starting in a few days.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am

In the last 2.5 days I've seen 4 ambulances sat outside homes on my street of about 30 houses and are all confirmed covid cases requiring hospitalisation

Looking at stats for my post code area - we're actually one of the better off boroughs of London but seeing this amount in such a short space of time and in a small area concerns the bejesus out of me!

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:50 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am
In the last 2.5 days I've seen 4 ambulances sat outside homes on my street of about 30 houses and are all confirmed covid cases requiring hospitalisation

Looking at stats for my post code area - we're actually one of the better off boroughs of London but seeing this amount in such a short space of time and in a small area concerns the bejesus out of me!
Christ. Can u all stay in and shield for a bit (knownits hard with mini OT in half term)?
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:03 pm

overseasTOON wrote:

You speak to your neighbours? <scratch>

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:45 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:03 pm
overseasTOON wrote:

You speak to your neighbours? <scratch>
I listen to thier frequent complaints about me.

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 am

I am shocked that the Tories have accidentally leaked details of the lockdown 2.0 timeline to their favourite papers ahead of an announcement...

Reportedly set for official announcement on Monday and coming into effect Wednesday. Hopefully sometime after 10am else I'm losing a lot of money and staying at home instead of going on honeymoon <diverk>

biggeordiedave

Post by biggeordiedave » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:50 am

Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 am
I am shocked that the Tories have accidentally leaked details of the lockdown 2.0 timeline to their favourite papers ahead of an announcement...

Reportedly set for official announcement on Monday and coming into effect Wednesday. Hopefully sometime after 10am else I'm losing a lot of money and staying at home instead of going on honeymoon <diverk>
Is the latest news <diva> or <ergh> for you then?

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 am

biggeordiedave wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:50 am
Cal wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 am

Is the latest news <diva> or <ergh> for you then?
As it stands, <diva>, but I'm sure it can all be ruined somehow in the next 48 hours. <ergh>