Flash League: Day of Confusion

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Flash League: Day of Confusion

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 am

Mifune wrote:
skalpel wrote:
I think that would make the best teams richer quicker. When you win matches you already get 3 points, getting too much extra money would create super teams in no time; rich in points and money both.
The best teams are going to be the ones who are topping the games though as well generally. Plus the 2nd div teams are going to have not much chance of topping the games but half of them are certainly going to win a match every week.
Which is why there is this rule:

If you are the highest scorer for a game in your division, your team earns £2m.

and this rule:

Your team can win a maximum of TWO highest scorer bonuses per week.

The first means that division two teams still get the game score bonus, and the second means that teams can't monopolise the highest score bonus.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 am

The Duke wrote:I'm with Mifoon on this actually. Dunno why it hasn't been suggested before but surely it makes sense for a team to be rewarded more than a single player
Because teams get points for winning matches, the money is only there as an extra bonus. As far as I'm aware it didn't even exist that you won money for winning matches until this current flash league. I'd happily do away with it altogether to be honest.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

skalpel wrote:
Mifune wrote:
The best teams are going to be the ones who are topping the games though as well generally. Plus the 2nd div teams are going to have not much chance of topping the games but half of them are certainly going to win a match every week.
Which is why there is this rule:

If you are the highest scorer for a game in your division, your team earns £2m.

and this rule:

Your team can win a maximum of TWO highest scorer bonuses per week.

The first means that division two teams still get the game score bonus, and the second means that teams can't monopolise the highest score bonus.
In that case it does not really matter one way or the other which gets the higher prize money other than what you think is more deserving for the greater allocation of money, which in my opinion is the peformance of the team rather than an individual.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:58 am

But there's still gonna be wages yeah? So you could have the best team in the league and go bankrupt.

1.5m for winning a game, maximum of 2 wins per team and 1 per player

2m for winning your match

IMO.
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 am

The Duke wrote:But there's still gonna be wages yeah? So you could have the best team in the league and go bankrupt.

1.5m for winning a game, maximum of 2 wins per team and 1 per player

2m for winning your match

IMO.
Nah, no wages. They're just a way of seeping away at a club's bank balance for no reason. Last year when the idea of wages was originally considered, it was so players actually got the money themselves and were ranked at the end in a Rich List. That was to add another competitive aspect to the game so players could try to earn as much money as possible. But it went nowhere and instead wages came back as this current idea to just take money from teams for some reason.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:03 am

I thought wages were introduced to discourage super teams with all the best players
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 am

The Duke wrote:I thought wages were introduced to discourage super teams with all the best players
I don't see the use of them for that really, especially when most of the best players don't want a super team anyway right? Using common sense here, it's the third Flash League so we know that it gets boring if one team steams away - even for the team that steams away. It's why I said earlier that I didn't want to have to leave the team I'm currently in, because if I joined your team (which is already brilliant) we'd likely win all of the time. Same with you, you have common sense and wouldn't do something to mess the whole league up when it could remain fun.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:10 am

skalpel wrote:
The Duke wrote:I thought wages were introduced to discourage super teams with all the best players
I don't see the use of them for that really, especially when most of the best players don't want a super team anyway right? Using common sense here, it's the third Flash League so we know that it gets boring if one team steams away - even for the team that steams away. It's why I said earlier that I didn't want to have to leave the team I'm currently in, because if I joined your team (which is already brilliant) we'd likely win all of the time. Same with you, you have common sense and wouldn't do something to mess the whole league up when it could remain fun.
Not sure if serious...

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 am

<laugh> I was trying to sway him there with that comment.

Lidl
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.

Post by Lidl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 am

All I can say is good luck to everybody who actually has to learn and understand what the rules are <ok>
If This Is How You Folks Make Art, Well That's f***ing Depressing

Get It On My Back You Slag!

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Flash League 3 - Bank Loan Thread

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 am

<ohnoes>

Start the Flash Premiership. <mob>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 am

doakes wrote:
skalpel wrote:
Not sure if serious...

We a DG would never act in an ungentlemanly manner <disgrace>

SpoilerShow
<kray>
I dunno

DDuc
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince
Hewf, Hewf, Hewf, Tactical Inept Mince

Post by DDuc » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:52 am

Lol
Garrus Vakarian wrote:It's so easy to see the galaxy in black and white, but grey? I don't know what to do with grey...
My Ambition Knows No Bounds
Behold My Tl;dr Prowess

Tomski
Le Championski
Le Championski

Post by Tomski » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm