His accountant background is shining through <awe>

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Re: Flash League: Day of Confusion

Post by beardface » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 am

The Duke wrote:<facepalm>

Can people stop being a dick to PLS for f*** sake
Only if he agrees to restore loans to £15m and introduce any future rule changes at the end of the week. <roll>

Yacob
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Yacob » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am

doakes wrote:
The Duke wrote:<facepalm>

Can people stop being a dick to PLS for f*** sake
Only if he agrees to restore loans to £15m and introduce any future rule changes at the end of the week. <roll>
Your position has stayed the same throughout <awe>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

Fine Bready but the player auctions need fixed still. The day will come when you want to change your loan to beat some guy in an auction who waited around for all the likely lads to make their bids but you won't be able to. And I'll be looking on <roll>ing
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am

PLS does a very good job of running this, it's just that its too complicated at the minute and has caused a monster of red tape to fall in on itself when one change was made. We can easily stop super-teams from forming without a thousand complex rules.

Don't these rules sound easier and more fair for everybody involved?:

Player Transfers:
Back to old ways. Transfers are negotiated by both managers then a bid is made by purchaser and accepted by seller and player. If a player forces his way out of a club, his scores are 0 for the first week of play at his new team.

Loans
Maximum £15m. No interest charges. 4 weeks to pay it back. You can only take out one loan at a time.

Wins
If your team wins a match, then you get three points on the league table and earn £1m.
If you are the highest scorer for a game in your division, your team earns £2m.
Your team can win a maximum of TWO highest scorer bonuses per week. This stops a team from raking in 6m for having one super player.
You win a match simply by having more points than the team you're against. Home/Away percentage can still exist if PLS wants.

Effort Award
If your team loses two matches in a row but all of your players scored points in both matches, then you get a £1m Effort Award.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 am

Each player should only be able to make £2m per week, but each team can make £6m per week. No player has ever won 3 games in one week anyway, it isn't discouraging super players in the slightest <roll>

I agree with the rest though I think
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am

The Duke wrote:Each player should only be able to make £2m per week, but each team can make £6m per week. No player has ever won 3 games in one week anyway, it isn't discouraging super players in the slightest <roll>

Not in this flash league, but it has happened plenty in the past. Limiting the team is wise I think too, because super teams could easily just keep raking the 6m in.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 am

The Duke wrote:Fine Bready but the player auctions need fixed still. The day will come when you want to change your loan to beat some guy in an auction who waited around for all the likely lads to make their bids but you won't be able to. And I'll be looking on <roll>ing
Don't hold your breathe <gent>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am

doakes wrote:
The Duke wrote:Fine Bready but the player auctions need fixed still. The day will come when you want to change your loan to beat some guy in an auction who waited around for all the likely lads to make their bids but you won't be able to. And I'll be looking on <roll>ing
Don't hold your breathe <gent>
SpoilerShow

Soon
I dunno

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

skalpel wrote:PLS does a very good job of running this, it's just that its too complicated at the minute and has caused a monster of red tape to fall in on itself when one change was made. We can easily stop super-teams from forming without a thousand complex rules.

Don't these rules sound easier and more fair for everybody involved?:

Player Transfers:
Back to old ways. Transfers are negotiated by both managers then a bid is made by purchaser and accepted by seller and player. If a player forces his way out of a club, his scores are 0 for the first week of play at his new team.

Loans
Maximum £15m. No interest charges. 4 weeks to pay it back. You can only take out one loan at a time.

Wins
If your team wins a match, then you get three points on the league table and earn £1m.
If you are the highest scorer for a game in your division, your team earns £2m.
Your team can win a maximum of TWO highest scorer bonuses per week. This stops a team from raking in 6m for having one super player.
You win a match simply by having more points than the team you're against. Home/Away percentage can still exist if PLS wants.

Effort Award
If your team loses two matches in a row but all of your players scored points in both matches, then you get a £1m Effort Award.
I agree with you on everything except your wins section. I like what PLS had with the different scoring wins and money based on points etc. I think that made the flash league more competitive.

Paco
First Night Blues
First Night Blues

Post by Paco » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 am

What if anyone who wanted the player bid normally, and whoever wins has to get out a loan that big. The loan limit stays, meaning those who have more money saved still have an advantage.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am

Effort award <laugh>.

Shouldn't you get more money for winning a match than topping a game? <scratch>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am

skalpel wrote:
The Duke wrote:Each player should only be able to make £2m per week, but each team can make £6m per week. No player has ever won 3 games in one week anyway, it isn't discouraging super players in the slightest <roll>

Not in this flash league, but it has happened plenty in the past. Limiting the team is wise I think too, because super teams could easily just keep raking the 6m in.
Maybe, but there are no super teams at the minute who win every game every week. I think I'm right in saying I'm the only person who has won a game in my team so far. If we are to stop a super team from forming it makes sense to create limits on what great players can win IMO
I dunno

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:31 am

Maybe a limit of 4m per team and 2m per player. Would create a much more competitive league
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 am

Mifune wrote:Effort award <laugh>.

You'd get points + bonus money for winning a match, so the match win money is just a little something extra. The idea of giving extra money for winning a game is to make it really worthwhile to battle out for the top spots in each game.
TJR_NUFC wrote:I agree with you on everything except your wins section. I like what PLS had with the different scoring wins and money based on points etc. I think that made the flash league more competitive.
We'll have to agree to disagree here I suppose. I think it makes it more competitive if you can vaguely work out whether or not you might have won without waiting for PLS to update the table. For instance, in both of the previous Flash Leagues there have been close calls where both teams have roughly worked out just by glancing at the scores that a bit extra effort could get them the win. With the current set up I have to keep checking the rules and jotting s*** down to remember who has what, by which point I've lost the will to play some games.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 am

I'm going to bed <gent>

Good luck PLS <laugh>
I dunno

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:39 am

skalpel wrote:
Mifune wrote:Effort award <laugh>.

You'd get points + bonus money for winning a match, so the match win money is just a little something extra. The idea of giving extra money for winning a game is to make it really worthwhile to battle out for the top spots in each game.
I just think that there should be a greater financial reward for winning a match than topping a game :).

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:43 am

Mifune wrote:
skalpel wrote:
I just think that there should be a greater financial reward for winning a match than topping a game :).
I think that would make the best teams richer quicker. When you win matches you already get 3 points, getting too much extra money would create super teams in no time; rich in points and money both.

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 am

skalpel wrote:
Mifune wrote:
I think that would make the best teams richer quicker. When you win matches you already get 3 points, getting too much extra money would create super teams in no time; rich in points and money both.
The best teams are going to be the ones who are topping the games though as well generally. Plus the 2nd div teams are going to have not much chance of topping the games but half of them are certainly going to win a match every week.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:48 am

I'm with Mifoon on this actually. Dunno why it hasn't been suggested before but surely it makes sense for a team to be rewarded more than a single player
I dunno