Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 pm

<kray>
I dunno

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Re: Flash League 3 - Bank Loan Thread

Post by Mifune » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't see why we should be getting f***ed over because Breadface has done some smart business <wenger>.

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Pardew's Legendary Specs wrote:
skalpel wrote:Up the winnings for coming top in a game and people might actually be able to afford these loans <wenger>.
They are short term loans. It's a team event not a one person team event, sorry <gent>
Sorry, I'm not following. Why is there a problem with awarding teams 2m for coming top in a game instead of 1m? It would put extra money into the game and make auctions more competitive because teams could have a better chance of working to pay back their loan.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Mifune wrote:I don't see why we should be getting f***ed over because Breadface has done some smart business <wenger>.
Its in the interest of fairness Mifoon
I dunno

Pardew's Legendary Specs
Laziness is for Pussies
Laziness is for Pussies

Post by Pardew's Legendary Specs » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm

skalpel wrote:
They are short term loans. It's a team event not a one person team event, sorry <gent>
Sorry, I'm not following. Why is there a problem with awarding teams 2m for coming top in a game instead of 1m? It would put extra money into the game and make auctions more competitive because teams could have a better chance of working to pay back their loan.
Would make the games all about the big players (I can understand why you would like this!).

£2m would give money to a couple of teams you allowing you to get more money, buying better players and set higher values preventing any team getting near you.

Am trying to make sure players get involved an avoid situations where one player can win the whole seasons on their own with the smaller players contributing very little
<cheers> ............ ......... <cheers>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Re: Flash League 3 - Auctions

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:23 pm

-
Last edited by Duke on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I dunno

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:23 pm

The Duke wrote:
Mifune wrote:I don't see why we should be getting f***ed over because Breadface has done some smart business <wenger>.
How is this fair? We do good business, people moan about it, the rules get changed to prevent it. Does not seem fair to me <erm>.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Mifune wrote:
The Duke wrote:
How is this fair? We do good business, people moan about it, the rules get changed to prevent it. Does not seem fair to me <erm>.
It's not good business. It's opportunism and exploiting of a flaw.
I dunno

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm

The Duke wrote:
Mifune wrote:
I'ts not good business. It's opportunism and exploiting of a flaw.
In what way? Because we have not spent as much money as eveyone else, we should get punished for that?

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:28 pm

skalpel wrote:
Would make the games all about the big players (I can understand why you would like this!).

£2m would give money to a couple of teams you allowing you to get more money, buying better players and set higher values preventing any team getting near you.

Am trying to make sure players get involved an avoid situations where one player can win the whole seasons on their own with the smaller players contributing very little
So basically, I could put in game time this week to win 2 of the 3 games but my team might still lose their match and we'd only just scrape our wage bill. This gives us absolutely no chance of ever competing because we can't afford a big enough loan to buy anybody even if I win all 3 games every week for the 1 month loan period.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Mifune wrote:
The Duke wrote:
I'ts not good business. It's opportunism and exploiting of a flaw.
In what way? Because we have not spent as much money as eveyone else, we should get punished for that?
Do you really not see how it could be possible and unfair for a team to wait until other teams take loans then take slightly more and win an auction
I dunno

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

PLS, this is an absolute f***ing joke. <facepalm>

At £17m, Cal will be the 2nd most expensive player behind Skalps. You're just literally f***ing my team up the arse with a massive strap on changing the rules.

Ridiculous. At the very least these rules of yours should be implemented at the end of the game week. Like every other decision you make. <erm>

Mifune
Homeless Spunky Slut
Homeless Spunky Slut

Post by Mifune » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm

The Duke wrote:
Mifune wrote:
Do you really not see how it could be possible and unfair for a team to wait until other teams take loans then take slightly more and win an auction
No, it is just call tactics. Any other team could do the same. What IS unfair is to change the rules midway through the auction to allow other teams to take even bigger loans out which they can't even afford properly in order to ramp up the price of the player.

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Mifune wrote:
The Duke wrote:
No, it is just call tactics. Any other team could do the same. What IS unfair is to change the rules midway through the auction to allow other teams to take even bigger loans out which they can't even afford properly in order to ramp up the price of the player.
This. The sole intention from Duke to complain is to make my team pay more for Cal. f*** this PLS. Pathetic. <disgrace>

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Mifune wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Eventually we would just have stalemates with every single auction where nobody would want to take their loan first and it would become completely ridiculous. Notice how you and Bready are the only ones complaining. Everyone else sees the logic
I dunno

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

doakes wrote:
Mifune wrote:
This. The sole intention from Duke to complain is to make my team pay more for Cal. f*** this PLS. Pathetic. <disgrace>
No it isn't Bready it's for the good of the league
I dunno

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm

The Duke wrote:
doakes wrote:
How is me having to pay an extra £10m for the good of the league?

If I refuse, you'll get him, the whole flash league will be hideously one sided and nobody will play.

Duke
You Sunk My Battleship
You Sunk My Battleship

Post by Duke » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm

doakes wrote:
The Duke wrote:
How is me having to pay an extra £10m for the good of the league?

If I refuse, you'll get him, the whole flash league will be hideously one sided and nobody will play.
There was nothing stopping me repaying my original loan off and just taking a larger one anyway as I had the funds to so, so you always would have had to pay Cal's TRUE value <wenger>

This rule change makes sense
I dunno

skalpel
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by skalpel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeh these new rules are very poor. My team can't even afford to go higher than 10m anyway because I have to come top for every single game every single week in order for us to pay it back in time, breadface is going to end up bankrupt because people will continue to push him or else Duke's team will just monopolise the entire league.

A fix for this would be a player limit cap of 3, stopping Duke from being able to buy. And upping the amount you get for winning a game: as much as you may think it's helping the game to restrict this - all its doing is making sure whatever team buys me is royally screwed.

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 pm

I don't see why the rules needed to be changed, they should be just left how they were originally. Seems like something a bit dodgy is going on here <scratch>