Playoffs

User avatar
vrabbit
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by vrabbit » Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 pm
Hughton being linked to WBA. Would be a good appointment for that. Proven in that league and in terms of promotions. I'm sure he's no fan of the ownership but might even do us a favour with Rondon? <awe>
there's some bad beef between Hughton and the WBA fan base

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13964304

WBA fans not too crazy about the possibility of Hughton being hired.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26805
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Playoffs

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm

vrabbit wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 pm
CIH wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:31 pm
Hughton being linked to WBA. Would be a good appointment for that. Proven in that league and in terms of promotions. I'm sure he's no fan of the ownership but might even do us a favour with Rondon? <awe>
there's some bad beef between Hughton and the WBA fan base

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13964304

WBA fans not too crazy about the possibility of Hughton being hired.
Granted it’s only one person, but I know a wba season ticket holder and she really wants Hughton as manager.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
PTAO?
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Avoids Death. Until it Matters.
Posts: 8624
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Playoffs

Post by PTAO? » Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm
vrabbit wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:59 pm


there's some bad beef between Hughton and the WBA fan base

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13964304

WBA fans not too crazy about the possibility of Hughton being hired.
Granted it’s only one person, but I know a wba season ticket holder and she really wants Hughton as manager.
Yeah but Mifune wants Pardew here...

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 20439
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Playoffs

Post by ALF » Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Charlton 1-0 up within 2 minutes, 3-1 up on aggregate, likely to face Sunderland in the final.

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9147
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:51 pm
Charlton 1-0 up within 2 minutes, 3-1 up on aggregate, likely to face Sunderland in the final.
Not anymore...

User avatar
The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9147
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by The Deluded Pablo Diego Jose Francisco » Fri May 17, 2019 8:53 pm

4-4 now <laugh>

User avatar
Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police
Posts: 7615
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm
Location: Newcastle, High Heaton

Re: Playoffs

Post by Toondes » Sat May 18, 2019 5:00 am

So Charlton v Sunderland in the play off final. Come on agent Bowyer
# stolen from nufc.com :)

User avatar
omegaprimevkm
Ritchie's Tips
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by omegaprimevkm » Sat May 18, 2019 11:24 am

BBarton will send over his tactical tips sheet. It'll probably consist of 'feel it, think it, do it! (Nut Cattermole in the tunnel)'

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 26805
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Playoffs

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 am

What are people's predictions for the playoffs?

I'm going for:

Championship - Villa to beat Derby
League One - Sunderland to beat Charlton
League Two - Newport to beat Tranmere
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 19476
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Playoffs

Post by overseasTOON » Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am

Derby, Charlton and Newport for me.

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10449
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 24, 2019 8:52 am

Derby, Mackems and Tranmere

User avatar
vrabbit
Salomon's Leap
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by vrabbit » Fri May 24, 2019 3:12 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am
Derby, Charlton and Newport for me.
this

User avatar
Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail
Posts: 10449
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: York

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blue & Maroon » Fri May 24, 2019 3:54 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:12 am
Derby, Charlton and Newport for me.
Sess for me lyk.

User avatar
Tsi
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 11755
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Playoffs

Post by Tsi » Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Villa,Charlton and Tranmere

User avatar
Beatski
Punderful
Punderful
Posts: 22516
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Location: The Dangerzone

Re: Playoffs

Post by Beatski » Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 pm

That's "Frank Lampard's Derby County" you philistines <fist>

User avatar
TJR
10 Champs Gold
10 Champs Gold
Posts: 11396
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: Playoffs

Post by TJR » Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 am
What are people's predictions for the playoffs?

I'm going for:

Championship - Villa to beat Derby
League One - Sunderland to beat Charlton
League Two - Newport to beat Tranmere
Derby
Charlton
Tranmere

User avatar
Remember Colo
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9337
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Playoffs

Post by Remember Colo » Fri May 24, 2019 6:08 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 am
What are people's predictions for the playoffs?

I'm going for:

Championship - Villa to beat Derby
League One - Sunderland to beat Charlton
League Two - Newport to beat Tranmere
Derby
Charlton
Tranmere
Seconded. Although the Copa Del Rey will probably be my football of choice this weekend.

Post Reply