Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: Transfer Rumours/Wishlist

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 am

Sanchino wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm
beatski wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:11 pm
Being linked with Chisea again. Only a year on his contract, and can play on either wing. Big concern would be that he's missed a lot of games due to injury
Worth a gamble if it's 20-25 mil.. anything above that might be a bit of a stretch. Pacey, skilful and versatile. At 26 he's at a good age and entering his peak years. Would be a upgrade on Miggy / Murphy. I say we go for him.. sell Miggy to Saudi or wherever n' reinvest the money into Chisea or a Neto type player. Keep Murphy as back-up, sell Miggy and loan Minteh out.

ST - Isak, NEW ST (If Wilson goes which is looking likely)
RW - Chisea, Murphy*
LW - Gordon, Barnes*

*We know Gordon can play RW effectively too and can play as 3rd choice striker if needed. If needed we also have Big Joe and Willock who can cover LW. Anderson has played RW effectively too. The ideal situation would be to get a young good value back-up striker with potential from overseas who can play out wide if needed. Someone like Hee-Chan Hwang from Wolves but he's on the older side of 28.. Elye Wahi?, Moise Kean?... someone like Griezmann would be perfect but he's 33 and will be on massive wages.. would anyone take his team-mate Depay who's 30 and can play upfront and out-wide too? if we can find a younger version of Grizemann that would be great. Can play through the middle but as effective out-wide too then our attacking options will be looking formidable and dangerous to mount a serious top four 4 challenge. <awe>
Have you ever googled this lad, look at his controversies section on his wiki

<gurn>
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 am

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:53 am

Colly wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 am
My exact thoughts , the violence incident is bad enough without taking into account the Caen allegations
I'll Hazard a guess

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 am
Sanchino wrote:

Worth a gamble if it's 20-25 mil.. anything above that might be a bit of a stretch. Pacey, skilful and versatile. At 26 he's at a good age and entering his peak years. Would be a upgrade on Miggy / Murphy. I say we go for him.. sell Miggy to Saudi or wherever n' reinvest the money into Chisea or a Neto type player. Keep Murphy as back-up, sell Miggy and loan Minteh out.

ST - Isak, NEW ST (If Wilson goes which is looking likely)
RW - Chisea, Murphy*
LW - Gordon, Barnes*

*We know Gordon can play RW effectively too and can play as 3rd choice striker if needed. If needed we also have Big Joe and Willock who can cover LW. Anderson has played RW effectively too. The ideal situation would be to get a young good value back-up striker with potential from overseas who can play out wide if needed. Someone like Hee-Chan Hwang from Wolves but he's on the older side of 28.. Elye Wahi?, Moise Kean?... someone like Griezmann would be perfect but he's 33 and will be on massive wages.. would anyone take his team-mate Depay who's 30 and can play upfront and out-wide too? if we can find a younger version of Grizemann that would be great. Can play through the middle but as effective out-wide too then our attacking options will be looking formidable and dangerous to mount a serious top four 4 challenge. <awe>
Have you ever googled this lad, look at his controversies section on his wiki

<gurn>
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 am

Sanchino wrote:
The ideal situation would be to get a young good value back-up striker with potential from overseas who can play out wide if needed.
Been linked with 21yo league one striker Ricky Jade-Jones. 12 goals for Peterborough and apparently the best presser in the league. Worth a punt at the reported 2 mil (I would point out that Adam Armstrong got 20 goals in league one at 18 though <roll>)

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Man City and Arsenal to both go for Bruno in the summer according to the Telegraph. Losing him wouldn’t be great but bidding war wouldn’t be the worst scenario for him (unless he has a release clause?). He’d be a luge loss no doubt but I wonder if the club would welcome a bid for him if it allows them to go again in the market and strengthen other areas.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm

jpg wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm
Man City and Arsenal to both go for Bruno in the summer according to the Telegraph. Losing him wouldn’t be great but bidding war wouldn’t be the worst scenario for him (unless he has a release clause?). He’d be a luge loss no doubt but I wonder if the club would welcome a bid for him if it allows them to go again in the market and strengthen other areas.
Obviously we all love Bruno, but I don’t think he’s irreplaceable. It would be far harder for us to find someone to replace the 30 goals a season that Isak can get us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 pm

bodacious benny wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm
jpg wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Obviously we all love Bruno, but I don’t think he’s irreplaceable. It would be far harder for us to find someone to replace the 30 goals a season that Isak can get us.

Can't replace him like for like, but when there's three midfielders, you can replace the skillset across them. Can't do that with a lone striker

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:38 pm

I've said it before but Joelinton is the more irreplaceable, there really aren't many midfielders like him. Bruno is brilliant but his attributes are already covered to an extent by Tonali, and of course you'd hope we sign a replacement should he go.

Fingers crossed he stays of course.

Chappy
10 Champs Silver
10 Champs Silver

Post by Chappy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 pm

Dunno how true this is but...

https://www.skysports.com/football/live ... eblog-body

Guimaraes' £100m release clause timeframe revealed...

Earlier this week The Telegraph reported Arsenal and Man City are considering a summer move for Newcastle midfielder Bruno Guimaraes - and now Fabrizio Romano has posted on social media the Brazilian has a month-long £100m release clause.

The clause only lasts a month - between the last week of May and last week of June - so the Premier League title rivals will have to move fast.

It raises the prospect of Arsenal and City going head-to-head for a top midfield target again after Arsenal won the race to sign Declan Rice for £105m last summer.

The Telegraph claim that Guimaraes is aware of the interest. PSG are also said to be admirers of the Brazil international.
It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am

I don't think he will go tbh, believe he just bought a house in North East.

But who knows money talks.

As above says we have Tonali to come back and have scouted a few players who we could target

Taylor, Ederson, Koopenmeiners etc
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:26 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:38 pm
I've said it before but Joelinton is the more irreplaceable, there really aren't many midfielders like him. Bruno is brilliant but his attributes are already covered to an extent by Tonali, and of course you'd hope we sign a replacement should he go.

Fingers crossed he stays of course.
Bruno is replaceable , yes, but I think you need to usually buy 2 players to cover what Bruno brings to us in a single package. So I wouldn't quite go as far as to say Joelinton is more irreplaceable. I think both are very difficult to replace, but Bruno edges it.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am

As above says we have Tonali to come back and have scouted a few players who we could target

I don’t pay much attention to the “he bought a house” argument. When you’re that rich it doesn’t really matter, you could leave a million pound home empty and not miss it - or rent it out to another player which isn’t uncommon.

I’m 50-50 on whether I think he stays or goes tbh. If the £100m bid comes in from a Man C he’d be mad not to seriously consider it. Guaranteed titles…and a huge pay day.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:08 am

Been looking at the squad and I think it's possible we can still have a good summer of recruitment and we can still keep our best players. I think the key would be for us to try to get out as many of the fringe players and those who imo are not needed.

Outs:
Almiron (£20m)
Wilson (£15m)
Longstaff (£15m)
Targett (£10m)
Lascelles
Ritchie
Dummett
Hendrick
Hayden
Karius

I think if we can find buyers for these players that's potentially £60-£70m on the high end, on the low end easily £40-50m of potential income.

The key for next year I think would be those rumoured on a free, Tosin and Kelly I think would be amazing buys for us they would improve on our defensive outgoings for very minimal outlay when factoring added fees.

Major incomings I think we only need CDM, RW, ST.

With potential sales and sponsor money/prize money I think we should have enough to have a solid summer window and keep the likes of Isak/Bruno.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am

Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:08 am
Been looking at the squad and I think it's possible we can still have a good summer of recruitment and we can still keep our best players. I think the key would be for us to try to get out as many of the fringe players and those who imo are not needed.

Outs:
Almiron (£20m)
Wilson (£15m)
Longstaff (£15m)
Targett (£10m)
Lascelles
Ritchie
Dummett
Hendrick
Hayden
Karius

I think if we can find buyers for these players that's potentially £60-£70m on the high end, on the low end easily £40-50m of potential income.

The key for next year I think would be those rumoured on a free, Tosin and Kelly I think would be amazing buys for us they would improve on our defensive outgoings for very minimal outlay when factoring added fees.

With potential sales and sponsor money/prize money I think we should have enough to have a solid summer window and keep the likes of Isak/Bruno.
Will struggle to get much for Wilson/Targett given injury history

We won't get enough CMs in to sell Sean, if he can be a true backup not a starter he's fine.

We need a CB too. Schar isn't young and we don't have depth
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:16 am

bodacious benny wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 am

I don’t pay much attention to the “he bought a house” argument. When you’re that rich it doesn’t really matter, you could leave a million pound home empty and not miss it - or rent it out to another player which isn’t uncommon.

I’m 50-50 on whether I think he stays or goes tbh. If the £100m bid comes in from a Man C he’d be mad not to seriously consider it. Guaranteed titles…and a huge pay day.
Oh very true he'd be a fool to turn down a move to one of them IF they bid before June 30th.

I think the club has been very clever with the way they structured the clause to be valid for the last two months.

It would incur a 20m ffp charge on Arsenal or Man City and give us a nice 100m bonus if they want to help us

psg on the other hand dont fall under PL rules so they might be different
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:22 am

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 am
Don Sholeone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:08 am

Outs:
Almiron (£20m)
Wilson (£15m)
Longstaff (£15m)
Targett (£10m)
Lascelles
Ritchie
Dummett
Hendrick
Hayden
Karius

Will struggle to get much for Wilson/Targett given injury history

We won't get enough CMs in to sell Sean, if he can be a true backup not a starter he's fine.

We need a CB too. Schar isn't young and we don't have depth
I'd say Cb given injures to Botman and Lascelles is our number 1 focus.

We've supposedly been in talks with the Fulham lad who's out of contract Adarabioyo and Lloyd Kelly from Bournemouth.

I don't see us selling Longstaff for registration rules more than anything else.

I'd say we'll definitely put feelers out for Wilson Targett and Miggy but rest who are still under contract won't go
Last edited by lassassinblanc on Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll Hazard a guess

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 am

I'd be disapproved if we let Longstaff go for £15m, no way do we fill that position for the same price. As a backup to the extent you'd hope Murphy ends up next season he's perfectly decent, especially when he isn't playing every game injured.

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 am

Colly wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 am
I'd be disapproved if we let Longstaff go for £15m, no way do we fill that position for the same price. As a backup to the extent you'd hope Murphy ends up next season he's perfectly decent, especially when he isn't playing every game injured.
Yeah if he's rested and fresh he's a decent high energy sub too
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 am

For all those pointing out we need a CB, obviously true and Don did address that in his post - with the potential free signings of Kelly and Adabariyo filling that position with a minimal impact on PSR. I don't think we will sell Lascelles this summer with that injury, but the rest we will surely be looking to ship out. Is Fraser's contract up? We will make a loss on a few of them I think, but ideally need to get the wages of players that have no kind of future here.

If we do sign Kelly, he can cover LB along with Burn and Hall, and Livramento in a fix - but I do think a left back should be on the transfer list if one becomes available. Whilst I would be in favour of keeping Longstaff as a HG backup to midfield, if we can get money for him I can see us taking it. Presuming we get a new CM, that would be the new one, Guimaraes, Willock, Joelinton, Tonali, Anderson, Longstaff and Miley. Which is eight players for the three positions.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair