Other club transfers summer 2020

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Chelsea have signed Ben Chilwell from Leicester. Go along with Ziyech and Werner - with strong indications that they are set to sign Kai Havertz and Tiago Silva in the coming days, looks like they are gunning to get back to the big time. Fair play for backing Lampard, club legend sure, but he's still a young - relatively - untested manager.

Other premier league signings include:
Ferran Torres. Valencia - Man City
Antonee Robinson. Wigan - Fulham
Aaron Ramsdale. Bournemouth - Sheffield United
Joe Hart. Burnley - Spurs
Jeff Hendrick. Burnley - Newcastle United
David Silva. Man City - Real Sociadad
Willian. Chelsea - Arsenal
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Saints - Spurs
Kyle Walker-Peters. Spurs - Saints
Kostas Tsimikas. Olympiakos - Liverpool
Alexis Sanches. Man United - Inter Milan
Nathan Ake. Bournemouth - Man City
Joel Veltman. Ajax - Brighton
Adam Lallana. Liverpool - Brighton
Dejan Lovren. Liverpool - Zenit St. Petersburg

Strong talk that Leeds are set to sign Rodrigo from Valencia as well, that could be an interesting one, depending on how he settles in a new league.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by ALF » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Chelsea look like they're recruiting well, could challenge the big 2? Unless Messi joins City, if that happens then it's 114 points to them.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 am

ALF wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Chelsea look like they're recruiting well, could challenge the big 2? Unless Messi joins City, if that happens then it's 114 points to them.
I think it’s good that Chelsea should be strong to make it more interesting.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Chelsea have signed Malang Sarr on a free from Nice. They are doing some good business this summer.

<notbad>

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Brentford supposedly signing Ivan Toney for £10m.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:59 am

UlversToon wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:39 pm
Brentford supposedly signing Ivan Toney for £10m.
Replacement for Ollie Watkins...
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:23 am

CIH wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:01 pm
Chelsea have signed Malang Sarr on a free from Nice. They are doing some good business this summer.

<notbad>
Got thagio Silva too

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:56 pm

Matt Doherty off to Spurs, very good signing for them.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:05 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:05 pm
Seems like a good fit for him, since like Barca, Man City doesn't have any good CBs either.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:29 pm

The more I read about the Messi saga, the more I'm dumbstruck by the poor work of the lawyers and agent (his dad). I know this year has posed some unexpected challenges, but still seems ridiculous that the contract language was so vague.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Van de beek is an excellent signing for man u. Fernandes, him and a reinvigorated Pogba is up there with the best midfields in the league.

If they get a better CB to go next to Maguire they’ve got an excellent team.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:48 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:09 pm
Van de beek is an excellent signing for man u. Fernandes, him and a reinvigorated Pogba is up there with the best midfields in the league.

Not much depth though. Plus they have 3 good players in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood but they're all very similar. Pretty weak at full back too and they've got poppadom hands in goal.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Yeah they are similar but usually effective.

AWB is fine at RB but they could do with an upgrade at LB, but they’re definitely on the right track and suspect they’ll get one or two more before the window closes.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:02 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Not much depth though. Plus they have 3 good players in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood but they're all very similar. Pretty weak at full back too and they've got poppadom hands in goal.

The need for a starting left back is nearly as strong as ours. Luke Shaw seems to be coming back to the player that was promised, and while I've not seen much of him - Williams seems to be a really decent prospect. But they don't really have an out and out player to make that position his own. An Evra, a Cole, a Silvestre. I'm excited to see van de Beek in the prem, and be interested to see how Ole balances that midfield.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm
Yeah they are similar but usually effective.

AWB is fine at RB but they could do with an upgrade at LB, but they’re definitely on the right track and suspect they’ll get one or two more before the window closes.
AWB is a good defensive full back but a team that's challenging for the title needs to have full backs that offer more going forward.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 pm

I still think they have plenty to prove to be honest, miles off the top 2 and Chelsea are probably ahead of them too. I just think everyone overrates their players.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:40 pm

It’s kind of the opposite to Liverpool, they have amazing fullbacks who created bucket loads of chances but lack someone really creative in the centre. Whereas Man U have lots of creativity from CM but far less from full back.

I know it’s only a glorified friendly, but the charity shield really showed how one dimensional Liverpool are - all that happened was that Robertson got forward as chief chance creator and virtually nothing at all centrally. Obvs TAA does the same on the right when he plays. I mean it’s done quite well for them with a PL and a CL in the last 2 seasons <laugh> They could do with a creative Cm tho, suspect it’ll be a much much closer title race this season.

From the neutral perspective would be great if Chelsea could really close the gap.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:40 pm
It’s kind of the opposite to Liverpool, they have amazing fullbacks who created bucket loads of chances but lack someone really creative in the centre. Whereas Man U have lots of creativity from CM but far less from full back.

I know it’s only a glorified friendly, but the charity shield really showed how one dimensional Liverpool are - all that happened was that Robertson got forward as chief chance creator and virtually nothing at all centrally. Obvs TAA does the same on the right when he plays. I mean it’s done quite well for them with a PL and a CL in the last 2 seasons <laugh> They could do with a creative Cm tho, suspect it’ll be a much much closer title race this season.

From the neutral perspective would be great if Chelsea could really close the gap.
Lot of talk that Wijnaldum could be going to Barca for 15m, and Liverpool would like to bring in Thiago Alcantara from Bayern to replace him. That could add a little bit of something to the midfield.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Lot of talk that Wijnaldum could be going to Barca for 15m, and Liverpool would like to bring in Thiago Alcantara from Bayern to replace him. That could add a little bit of something to the midfield.
Yep. For £15m we should look at Gini <roll>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm
CIH wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Yep. For £15m we should look at Gini <roll>
I'd take him back, but not sure he'd come <laugh>

I know the rumour was mentioned earlier in this thread, but not sure if it was confirmed. Brentford signed Toney for an undisclosed fee. Wonder how he will get on. His trajectory could be similar to Dwight Gayle, and become another also ran striker at prem level. Or he could be the proverbial white wale and be f***ing sensational.