Other club transfers summer 2020

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant
Posts: 9896
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Top 6 further widening to gap this window, shock horror.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm

I don’t actually mind so long as it means 3-4 teams competing for the title. It’s never going to be a level playing field and hasn’t been for a long long time. It’s boring if it’s a one or two horse race.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4964
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by krully » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:19 pm

remains to be seen, i have zero faith in ole's ability.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by CIH » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:24 pm

I don't think van de Beek will give enough to make Man U title contenders. Liverpool and City have been so far ahead of everyone else last few years, and Liverpool so far ahead even of City last season. Chelsea have spent, but recruited well, and they if anyone could potentially make a challenge. I doubt Man United can at this stage. I've also not got much faith in Ole as a manager either, he and Lampard are contemporaries, and whilst Ole has been in the management game much longer, relatively speaking, I think Lampard is shaping up to be the better.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:58 am

Wonder if that means Watkins is off? Villa seemed his most likely destination.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 1980
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:59 am

Gylfi Sigurdsson is surplus to requirements at Everton when James deal goes through, been linked with a move to MLS . I'd take a punt on him for his set pieces alone
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am

They’re getting Capoue and James so he definitely won’t be getting much game time.

Went well off the boil last season but a very good player.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control
Posts: 6033
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:04 am

Wages too high

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:26 am

Yep, £100k a week.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9144
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by jpg » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:57 am

Classic Everton buying a whole new midfield again.

James, Docoure and Allan will all be up for sale in three years time.

User avatar
Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control
Posts: 6033
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:38 am

they'll all be 33 in 3 years time too

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am

That’s the benefit of having a mega rich owner, no neee to think long term!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 9144
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by jpg » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:09 pm

They literally start their bidding for every player at £20m.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10155
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am
That’s the benefit of having a mega rich owner, no neee to think long term!
For all the money he has, if his hires keep spending so much so badly, eventually he'll get tired and turn the faucet off.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Sanchino » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm

jpg wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:57 am
Classic Everton buying a whole new midfield again.

James, Docoure and Allan will all be up for sale in three years time.
Very good midfield though if they all gel together. Allan / Docoure holding and James having license to roam/advance as a attacking midfielder could work well. On paper looks like the best midfield outside of the top 6 apart from maybe's Wolves (Neves/Moutinho) :bandit: <scratch>

They got some depth in midfield too now.. Gomes, Delph, Tom Davies and Sigurdson.. I wouldn't mind taking Sigurdson if the wages are reasonable would be the perfect no.10/attacking midfielder if we're playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with his creativity, passing, dead ball quality and a great eye for a goal/assist. Gomes (pre-injury) was a beast too.. good box-to-box midfielder but I don't know if he's the same player he was after that horrific ankle/leg injury. Delph(30) is getting on a bit now, would've taken him a couple years ago but not now and Tom Davies reminds me of the Longstaff brothers, there all home-grown, with bags of potential but nowhere near the finished article yet. Although Davies has over 100 Premier League games.. and he's only 22 so he has more experience than the Longstaff brothers and weren't we linked with him previously this summer? I'll take a punt on him but wouldn't that just stagnate the Longstaff's progress/development especially now that Matty signed a new contract it wouldn't be a great move unless we plan on loaning him out.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by CIH » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm
jpg wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:57 am
Classic Everton buying a whole new midfield again.

James, Docoure and Allan will all be up for sale in three years time.
Very good midfield though if they all gel together. Allan / Docoure holding and James having license to roam/advance as a attacking midfielder could work well. On paper looks like the best midfield outside of the top 6 apart from maybe's Wolves (Neves/Moutinho) :bandit: <scratch>

They got some depth in midfield too now.. Gomes, Delph, Tom Davies and Sigurdson.. I wouldn't mind taking Sigurdson if the wages are reasonable would be the perfect no.10/attacking midfielder if we're playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with his creativity, passing, dead ball quality and a great eye for a goal/assist. Gomes (pre-injury) was a beast too.. good box-to-box midfielder but I don't know if he's the same player he was after that horrific ankle/leg injury. Delph(30) is getting on a bit now, would've taken him a couple years ago but not now and Tom Davies reminds me of the Longstaff brothers, there all home-grown, with bags of potential but nowhere near the finished article yet. Although Davies has over 100 Premier League games.. and he's only 22 so he has more experience than the Longstaff brothers and weren't we linked with him previously this summer? I'll take a punt on him but wouldn't that just stagnate the Longstaff's progress/development especially now that Matty signed a new contract it wouldn't be a great move unless we plan on loaning him out.
I don't think Davies would be a good signing for us, as you say he's not really much of an upgrade to the Longstaff's, and would threaten their own development. He's been linked with a loan to buy move to Watford, which could be good for all parties. Possibly as part of the Docoure deal.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Sanchino » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:12 pm

CIH wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:39 pm


Very good midfield though if they all gel together. Allan / Docoure holding and James having license to roam/advance as a attacking midfielder could work well. On paper looks like the best midfield outside of the top 6 apart from maybe's Wolves (Neves/Moutinho) :bandit: <scratch>

They got some depth in midfield too now.. Gomes, Delph, Tom Davies and Sigurdson.. I wouldn't mind taking Sigurdson if the wages are reasonable would be the perfect no.10/attacking midfielder if we're playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 with his creativity, passing, dead ball quality and a great eye for a goal/assist. Gomes (pre-injury) was a beast too.. good box-to-box midfielder but I don't know if he's the same player he was after that horrific ankle/leg injury. Delph(30) is getting on a bit now, would've taken him a couple years ago but not now and Tom Davies reminds me of the Longstaff brothers, there all home-grown, with bags of potential but nowhere near the finished article yet. Although Davies has over 100 Premier League games.. and he's only 22 so he has more experience than the Longstaff brothers and weren't we linked with him previously this summer? I'll take a punt on him but wouldn't that just stagnate the Longstaff's progress/development especially now that Matty signed a new contract it wouldn't be a great move unless we plan on loaning him out.
I don't think Davies would be a good signing for us, as you say he's not really much of an upgrade to the Longstaff's, and would threaten their own development. He's been linked with a loan to buy move to Watford, which could be good for all parties. Possibly as part of the Docoure deal.
True. <ok>

Would've loved to get Doucoure in.. but our budget restricts us from buying a midfielder for the 25mil reported price. Would anyone take his midfield partner Will Hughes? <scratch>...

He's 25 & home-grown? Give them M.Longstaff on loan for the season as part of the deal? I like Hughes because he's technically gifted and a good ball-playing CM.. right now we only have Shelvey who can thread passes/be creative in there? Longstaffs are decent but more attacking/box-to-box/workmanlike similar to Hendrick who's a all-rounder and then Hayden's our only real established defensive midfielder.

Back on the transfer front.. we're being linked to a Japanese full-back called Takehiro Tomiyasu from Bologne from Seria A? Apparently he can play RB/CB/LB.. Do you think Muto would have a word with him? Probably tell him ''if you want to be on the bench/not in the match day squads most of the time and earn a decent wage then come join us'' <awe> <laugh>

In all seriousness if we can get this lad or Holding, Wilson & Fraser I'll consider that a successful window. <ok>

While selling the likes of Lejune/Schar, Yeds/Kraft, Atsu, Saviet, Muto, etc to balance the books.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29037
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:38 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am
That’s the benefit of having a mega rich owner, no neee to think long term!
For all the money he has, if his hires keep spending so much so badly, eventually he'll get tired and turn the tap off.
Fixed that for you ;)
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10155
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am
Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:38 pm

For all the money he has, if his hires keep spending so much so badly, eventually he'll get tired and turn the tap off.
Fixed that for you ;)
Huh, is faucet is a (North) Americanism? Admittedly I would normally say tap, but we've had a plumber over replacing our kitchen one twice in the past week, and so it was stuck in my head.

User avatar
krully
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 4964
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Other club transfers summer 2020

Post by krully » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:34 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am


Fixed that for you ;)
Huh, is faucet is a (North) Americanism? Admittedly I would normally say tap, but we've had a plumber over replacing our kitchen one twice in the past week, and so it was stuck in my head.
Well aren't you a fancy prick, using faucet and hiring a plumber ladedah

Post Reply