Re: Match day thread - Burnleh (H)

Post by originallad » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Great last 30 mins.

Blue & Maroon
Final Nail
Final Nail

Post by Blue & Maroon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Perfect way to sign of before international break.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Brilliant stuff! Fantastic response after they equalised and after that we in total control. Hope Burnley go down the dirty feckers.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Happy with that, controlled the first half and never gave them a sniff really. Slow start to the second half but a quick response to their equaliser was key. ASM ran the show, and Wilson is a massive upgrade for us in attack - a striker who gets into the box! The team just need to get used to having a striker like him as all last season we didn’t have anyone like that.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Burnley were awful bar a 15 minute spell but some encouraging signs.

Krafth I thought quietly goes about his business well and looked good. Joelinton did well until he tries to attack in any way. The Fraser (when fully match fit) linkup with Wilson could be decent going forward.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Scalabrine
Bruce's Bacon

Post by Scalabrine » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Solid performance from the lads. Saint-Maximin & Wilson. <applause>

Good night. <cheers>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Saint-Maximin is the best player in the league.

lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:05 pm

Great win and performance.
ASM makes such a difference. Joelinton was really good too.
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:06 pm

I thought the 1st half was turgid despite our goal. We were the better side, but Burnley were awful.

2nd half, Burnley were a different team and deservedly equalised. Then, instead of capitulating, we scored a great team goal and didnt look back.

Great result, just wish we could play like we did in the last 30 mins for a full 90.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Dyche complaining about the foul and physicality on the first goal <laugh>

Tbf he did say that Burnley were poor and made too many mistakes.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Someone should tell Dyche that mistakes is spelt F O U L S.

biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free

Post by biggeordiedave » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:42 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Managers are always like this. Pulis used to complain about teams taking too long with throw ins <laugh>.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:00 pm
Happy with that, controlled the first half and never gave them a sniff really. Slow start to the second half but a quick response to their equaliser was key. ASM ran the show, and Wilson is a massive upgrade for us in attack - a striker who gets into the box! The team just need to get used to having a striker like him as all last season we didn’t have anyone like that.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Burnley were awful bar a 15 minute spell but some encouraging signs.

Krafth I thought quietly goes about his business well and looked good. Joelinton did well until he tries to attack in any way. The Fraser (when fully match fit) linkup with Wilson could be decent going forward.
Well said. <applause>

ASM <love> Just pure class.

Really can't wait to see a fully fit trio of ASM, Miggy & Fraser running loose behind Wilson.. the paceeeee <run> <run> <run>

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Watched my local side get knocked out the FA cup through a window from across the road <awe> Fortunately saw this on the tele in the pub. Wasn't fully aware of it as there was no commentary, but it's a good win. Wilson has scored in 3 of the 4 games so far. Mildly annoyed as I had a tenner for him anytime against Brighton <laugh>

Still not a fan of Bruce's tactics, and I feel this result glosses over some glaring issues. We need some depth up front, and a proper creative presence in midfield.

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:58 am

CIH wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 pm
Watched my local side get knocked out the FA cup through a window from across the road <awe> Fortunately saw this on the tele in the pub. Wasn't fully aware of it as there was no commentary, but it's a good win. Wilson has scored in 3 of the 4 games so far. Mildly annoyed as I had a tenner for him anytime against Brighton <laugh>

Still not a fan of Bruce's tactics, and I feel this result glosses over some glaring issues. We need some depth up front, and a proper creative presence in midfield.
Agreed, God help us if Wilson gets injured.....

UlversToon
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by UlversToon » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:51 am

Missed it, well most of it anyway and only saw up to the ASM goal! Bloody typical.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:58 am

CIH wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Yup! I think Fraser can do a job but he's no ASM. Wilson gets injured and we're f***ed though.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:03 am

I was initially a bit urgh when I saw the links to Walcott, but I can see the logic to it if true. Can cover the wings and up front. That's not to say I think he'll be a good addition, but it's not quite as daft as I first thought. I wouldn't have thought we'd get any one else in this window now. We certainly need to get an additional striker in though to cover for Wilson, whether on loan or otherwise.

Wonder what Daryl Murphy is up to these days.

seaside nipper
Bruce's Bacon

Post by seaside nipper » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:27 am

Good positive result. We seemed to be far more up for this and set better, compared to the Brighton debacle. Players seemed focused and a well deserved win, the lucky stuff not really applicable here. Defence is a worry though, got nowhere near a settled shape, combination of injuries and crap form. Hopefully with the squad depth improving and some positive football we might see some ( virtual ) cheer this season. <whistle>
Clydeside & Tyneside

Don Sholeone
BSN Correspondant
BSN Correspondant

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am

Makes a huge difference when shelvey isn't dropping back to play sweeper, that with Hendrick tucking inside gave us an actual presence in midfield to build off of, ASM didnt have to try to dribble out from lb, also Joelinton I thought was quality, seems to have so much more confidence with Wilson in front of him, can actually see him bagging some goals soon if he carries on this form.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:39 am
Makes a huge difference when shelvey isn't dropping back to play sweeper, that with Hendrick tucking inside gave us an actual presence in midfield to build off of, ASM didnt have to try to dribble out from lb, also Joelinton I thought was quality, seems to have so much more confidence with Wilson in front of him, can actually see him bagging some goals soon if he carries on this form.
Agreed With you on Joelinton until the point where you said you can see him bagging some goals… Said last night that he does a good job until he gets into the final third, but then he has zero attacking instinct or ability whatsoever.