WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29681
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks to WBA, Fulham, Sheffield Utd and possibly Burnley it means that you'll be able to be utter s*** this season and still probably stay up.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
Beatski
Punderful
Punderful
Posts: 22977
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 pm
Location: The Dangerzone

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by Beatski » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Thanks to WBA, Fulham, Sheffield Utd and possibly Burnley it means that you'll be able to be utter s*** this season and still probably stay up.
they'll still all probably outplay us

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23926
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Beatski wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Thanks to WBA, Fulham, Sheffield Utd and possibly Burnley it means that you'll be able to be utter s*** this season and still probably stay up.
they'll still all probably outplay us
This. They get results against us and we're very quickly down there with them. I was actually impressed with Fulham today too. They totally outplayed Everton in the second half. Remove the stupid defensive mistakes and the inability to score penalties and they could get themselves out of immediate danger.
Kindly deeds done for free!

User avatar
originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2422
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by originallad » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Sat 12th Dec: Home to West Brom
Tue 15th Dec: Away to Leeds
Sat 19th Dec: Home to Fulham.

Minimum 6 points needed if we lose our next two away to Palace and Villa.

After that we've got Liverpool away, Man City home and Leicester away.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29681
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm

biggeordiedave wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm
Beatski wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:02 pm


they'll still all probably outplay us
This. They get results against us and we're very quickly down there with them. I was actually impressed with Fulham today too. They totally outplayed Everton in the second half. Remove the stupid defensive mistakes and the inability to score penalties and they could get themselves out of immediate danger.
Yes they looked very good at 3-1 down. Fortunately for us, it looks unlikely they’ll cut out the stupid mistakes any time soon and they’ve got an awful run of fixtures coming up and will lose their next 3.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

UlversToon
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5071
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by UlversToon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:30 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm
biggeordiedave wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:07 pm


This. They get results against us and we're very quickly down there with them. I was actually impressed with Fulham today too. They totally outplayed Everton in the second half. Remove the stupid defensive mistakes and the inability to score penalties and they could get themselves out of immediate danger.
Yes they looked very good at 3-1 down. Fortunately for us, it looks unlikely they’ll cut out the stupid mistakes any time soon and they’ve got an awful run of fixtures coming up and will lose their next 3.
Heard things like that before and it's come back to bite people!

User avatar
biggeordiedave
Living in his head rent free
Living in his head rent free
Posts: 23926
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Northumberland... so not actually a Geordie

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by biggeordiedave » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:25 pm

Fulham could have got a draw today and certainly created enough in the second half to get there. It's probably too early to write anyone off completely yet as it would only take a decent run of three or four games to get back into it, but I can't imagine we'll see any drastic changes to the bottom of the table at the end of the season.
Kindly deeds done for free!

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
Posts: 2474
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by Sanchino » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:06 pm

originallad wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Sat 12th Dec: Home to West Brom
Tue 15th Dec: Away to Leeds
Sat 19th Dec: Home to Fulham.

Minimum 6 points needed if we lose our next two away to Palace and Villa.

After that we've got Liverpool away, Man City home and Leicester away.
This. I have a feeling we may nick a point at either Palace or Villa.. maybe even pick up three points from one of them which would be a bonus.. would be typical Newcastle wouldn't it? Nick a lucky 1-1 draw with Palace then beat Villa 1-2 at there ground.. win against West Brom and think Steve Bruce is the next coming of Keegan. Then go on to get thumped by Leeds 4-0 and lose to Fulham at home to send us back down to earth. <laugh>

After that we'll proceed to go onto a losing run, Bruce gets the sack, bring in Howe and we get some reinforcements before the window closes! <roll> <gent>

It's written in the stars... <diva> <awe> <urgh>

User avatar
originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2422
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by originallad » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:06 pm
originallad wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Sat 12th Dec: Home to West Brom
Tue 15th Dec: Away to Leeds
Sat 19th Dec: Home to Fulham.

Minimum 6 points needed if we lose our next two away to Palace and Villa.

After that we've got Liverpool away, Man City home and Leicester away.
This. I have a feeling we may nick a point at either Palace or Villa.. maybe even pick up three points from one of them which would be a bonus.. would be typical Newcastle wouldn't it? Nick a lucky 1-1 draw with Palace then beat Villa 1-2 at there ground.. win against West Brom and think Steve Bruce is the next coming of Keegan. Then go on to get thumped by Leeds 4-0 and lose to Fulham at home to send us back down to earth. <laugh>

After that we'll proceed to go onto a losing run, Bruce gets the sack, bring in Howe and we get some reinforcements before the window closes! <roll> <gent>

It's written in the stars... <diva> <awe> <urgh>
Anything is possible with us! My wife is a Leeds supporter so not looking forward to that match.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by CIH » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:06 pm
originallad wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm
Sat 12th Dec: Home to West Brom
Tue 15th Dec: Away to Leeds
Sat 19th Dec: Home to Fulham.

Minimum 6 points needed if we lose our next two away to Palace and Villa.

After that we've got Liverpool away, Man City home and Leicester away.
This. I have a feeling we may nick a point at either Palace or Villa.. maybe even pick up three points from one of them which would be a bonus.. would be typical Newcastle wouldn't it? Nick a lucky 1-1 draw with Palace then beat Villa 1-2 at there ground.. win against West Brom and think Steve Bruce is the next coming of Keegan. Then go on to get thumped by Leeds 4-0 and lose to Fulham at home to send us back down to earth. <laugh>

After that we'll proceed to go onto a losing run, Bruce gets the sack, bring in Howe and we get some reinforcements before the window closes! <roll> <gent>

It's written in the stars... <diva> <awe> <urgh>
What has Eddie Howe done to deserve us? <urgh>

I'd love him, mind.

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 29681
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: WEEKEND FOOTBALL - 21/23 NOVEMBER 2020

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:21 am

Howe was a pundit for Sky in the studio over the weekend so clearly looking to get back into football <whistle>

Or are we still waiting for Poch after the Saudi takeover <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Post Reply