NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 am

I've not seen the Arsenal links, but I can see that being dead in the water then haha. And as someone says above, I wouldn't say signing Bertrand would mean getting Ritchie. As also stated, his leadership is valuable, and he's versatile enough that he can play elsewhere on the pitch should the need arise. If talking about squad registration limits, Atsu will be going so there's a free spot. No doubt there's more deadwood to be shifted as well, not least Carroll.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 13, 2021 10:58 am

Pre-Man C match comment from Bruce:

"We have had conversations on transfer targets like who is available on a Bosman. Or course we have. Quietly we are working away."

Exciting summer lined up!
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am
Speedo wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 am
I’d rather keep Ritchie… Less able as a defender but a real leader.
Why couldn't we keep both? I'm a big fan of Ritchie but there would be space for Bertrand, even more so with Lewis struggling. In that respect, signing an experienced PL left back could even help him in the long run.
We've only got 25 spots, and left-back seems like a curious, Pardewian place to overfill!

3 GK: Dubravka, Darlow, Gillespie (Woodman out on loan again)
6 CB: Schar, Lascelles, Clark, Fernandez, Dummett, Lejeune/newCB
2 RB/RWB: Murphy, Manquillo
2 LB/LWB: Lewis, Ritchie
4 CM: Hayden, Shelvey, S. Longstaff, Willock/newCM
4 RW/LW: Saint Maximin, Almiron, Fraser, newRW
4 ST: Wilson, Joelinton, Gayle, Carroll/newST
= 25

Selling Krafth & Hendrick and loaning out Matty Longstaff. Lejeune and Carroll look unlikely to stay as well and will need replacing you suspect.
I had the first custom w***

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Speedo wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:51 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

Why couldn't we keep both? I'm a big fan of Ritchie but there would be space for Bertrand, even more so with Lewis struggling. In that respect, signing an experienced PL left back could even help him in the long run.
We've only got 25 spots, and left-back seems like a curious, Pardewian place to overfill!

= 25

Selling Krafth & Hendrick and loaning out Matty Longstaff. Lejeune and Carroll look unlikely to stay as well and will need replacing you suspect.
Atsu was added in January to the 25 to replace Yedlin's spot, so that's another free space. Carroll will be getting released, so yeah hopefully his spot is filled by another striker. MLongstaff isn't old enough to count towards registration rules, is he?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Speedo wrote:
Bodacious Benny wrote:

= 25

I’d say Lewis + Bertrand / Willems is the left back spots. Ritchie is more utility, can player either side, a bit further forward or in midfield in an emergency.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu May 13, 2021 2:51 pm

I also think it comes down to manager and tactic decisions. Who and how many you keep and bring in has to be informed by what formations you expect to play the most. As far as I'm concerned, Ritchie isn't a LB, though he can play wingback. Same for Murphy on the other side. So I'd hope (though hardly expect) the club will consider the direction of the side when deciding what gaps to fill and who would be the right fit.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 am

CIH wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm
Speedo wrote:

= 25

Atsu was added in January to the 25 to replace Yedlin's spot, so that's another free space. Carroll will be getting released, so yeah hopefully his spot is filled by another striker. MLongstaff isn't old enough to count towards registration rules, is he?
Matty will be old enough next season. Also I have already excluded Atsu in this 25. If you want Ritchie and a new LB in, it means you have to sacrifice a CB, RW or ST slot - or get a U21.
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 14, 2021 10:12 am

Speedo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 am
CIH wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Matty will be old enough next season. Also I have already excluded Atsu in this 25. If you want Ritchie and a new LB in, it means you have to sacrifice a CB, RW or ST slot - or get a U21.
I'd be pretty surprised if Matty is included in the squad next season with Bruce here, a loan to the Championship would probably be best all-round. He needs to be playing regularly and is still a rookie, he won't get game time with us.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri May 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:39 pm
Speedo wrote:

= 25

I’d say Lewis + Bertrand / Willems is the left back spots. Ritchie is more utility, can player either side, a bit further forward or in midfield in an emergency.
This. Bertrand would be a cracking signing, especially on a free. Experienced steady pro to guide Lewis. I think even if we sign Willock we still another CM (strong, powerful athletic type but technical & classy too) .. as Willock can play as a attacking mid/second striker further forward & box-to-box. A RW/ST wouldn't do no harm either.. especially as Carroll is set to leave.

Talking about free agents.. would anyone take Juan Mata? He's 33 and abit past his best but the quality is still there to play for a team like us in the Prem.. will probably have better options in Spain & potentially the Prem but I'll take him on a one year deal with option to extend it. His playmaking, ball retention, composure & technique would add a new dimension to our side. <awe>

Another LB on a free... Patrick Van Aanholt.. he's 30 now, proven & experienced at this level. I'll prefer Bertrand but he'll still do a job for us. Other notable (realistic) free additions would be.. Benteke who looks rejuvenated this season & could be the perfect Carroll replacement, Batshuayhi, Victor Moses, Jeffrey Schulup (pacier & upgraded version of Ritchie), Andros Townsend, Joshua King, Robin Quaison , John Lundstram & Steven Jovetic

Joshua King would be ideal.. as he can cover upfront & out wide plus the Bourmouth connection with Fraser & Wilson. He signed a deal until the end of the season with the option to extend it with Everton but if he doesn't extend it we should pounce. Batshuayhi too.. there's a player in there but just needs to stay fit similar to Benteke. Jeffrey Schulup would be a great addition.. pacey, versatile & hard-working. He'll be the perfect utility squad player he can cover both full-back/wing-back/winger roles & as a CAM/AM/ST too.. like a Ritchie but better & pacier. Then there's Townsend & Van Aanholt.. the Crystal Palace raid <laugh>

Robin Quaison would be ideal too.. good age at 27, Swedish international & can cover all the attacking positions(LM/RM/AM/ST). Jovetic's wages might be too high but a classy operator upfront.. just don't know if he'll handle the pace & physicality of the Prem. If we sold Kraft we should look to get Victor Moses on a free.. reliable, solid & experienced pro now can do a job anywhere on the right-hand side (RB/RWB/RW) & attacking mid/striker if needed (emergencies).

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri May 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Benteke has actually done alright of late, and 8 PL goals this season is alright if he were a back-up striker. But he's 30 so too old for Ashley, even on a free. Same goes for PVA I'd say, who seems to have regressed a bit IMO.

Can see Mata going to Italy, pace of the game will probably suit him more now he's a bit older.

We were linked with King before, wouldn't be surprised if Everton let him leave on loan in summer. Townsend I wouldn't be interested in, not done much at all for Palace this year.

Not seen much of Schulup but only 28 so more realistic. Though we'd pretty much be filling our team with bottom feeders <laugh> I don't think the squad we have is bad, if we sign Willock on loan again and get Lejeune back I'd rather use whatever money we do have to try and sign one or two players of better quality.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Fri May 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:51 pm
Benteke has actually done alright of late, and 8 PL goals this season is alright if he were a back-up striker. But he's 30 so too old for Ashley, even on a free. Same goes for PVA I'd say, who seems to have regressed a bit IMO.

Can see Mata going to Italy, pace of the game will probably suit him more now he's a bit older.

We were linked with King before, wouldn't be surprised if Everton let him leave on loan in summer. Townsend I wouldn't be interested in, not done much at all for Palace this year.

Not seen much of Schulup but only 28 so more realistic. Though we'd pretty much be filling our team with bottom feeders <laugh> I don't think the squad we have is bad, if we sign Willock on loan again and get Lejeune back I'd rather use whatever money we do have to try and sign one or two players of better quality.
Yeah.. out of all I'll like Schulup the most as he'll be a great utility squad player if Ritchie were to leave & if not Schulup could be a upgraded Atsu replacement. He can play both wing-back roles/winger roles & in the middle or upfront. Wages shouldn't break the bank either. Benteke yeah not only the age but wages could be a issue & his obvious fitness/injury issues.. on the wrong side of 30 too so don't see us going for him. Yeah Townsend wouldn't be needed as we already have Fraser, ASM & Murphy.. & he wouldn't get into our starting XI but I think he'll do a job as a back-up/squad player. King we should look at.. for obvious reasons. Better than Gayle & Joelinton. Go partner/deputize for Wilson.

Overall yeah quality is better than quantity so if we can get a 2 quality signings instead of 5 average ones that'll be good for me. Priority has to be a striker/midfielder imo.. if we get Willock then a striker should be on the list. <ok>

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 am

no wsy will bertrand come. 1 hes been down south all life and his family are there and 2 arse have come in for him

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon May 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Leeds United and Burnley have joined the chase to sign Newcastle United star Jacob Murphy, Football Insider can reveal''

Been linked to a couple PL clubs now & Rangers.. I'm a bit worried we haven't given a long term contract as he's only got 1 year left now right? Need to sign him up asap give him a 3/4 year contract.. he's been one of our best players since converting into that RWB role & has made it his own. Pacey, direct, can cross, works hard & looks comfortable on the ball. He's 26 & entering his peak.. I don't want to see him at a Leeds playing some cracking footballer under Bielsa or Champions League football at Rangers! <urgh>

In a back four Manquillo is the better all-round RB as he's more experienced & defensively more solid.. but at RWB.. Murphy's 1st choice for sure. I'll like too see him further up forward against Shelfield United see how he does linking up with ASM, Miggy & Willock further up the pitch. <ok>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 17, 2021 1:40 pm

I thought he was out of contract this summer. Definitely want him to get a new deal. He’s a Newcastle fan and seems to have secured his spot in the team so hopefully he signs.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm

Harry Kane was overheard in March saying he would leave Spurs and sign for the April manager of the month.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:14 pm
Harry Kane was overheard in March saying he would leave Spurs and sign for the April manager of the month.
Bruce may land that backup to Wilson that he’s been after <diva>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Mon May 17, 2021 7:19 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:40 pm
I thought he was out of contract this summer. Definitely want him to get a new deal. He’s a Newcastle fan and seems to have secured his spot in the team so hopefully he signs.
No, next season his contract expires. Apparently his rumoured (current) value is at £6 million.. which would be a absolute bargain in this day & age even with the pandemic it'll be ludicrous to let him go for so cheap after his establishment in the first team & his performances have shown he's Premier League quality now. Bayer Leverkusen & Porto have apparently joined Leeds, Southampton, Burnley, Watford & Rangers in the race to sign him. His wages are on 25k(weekly).. so he wouldn't exactly break the bank.. give him a raise of up to 40k-45k (3/4 year contract) & just be done with it. He's proven to be crucial to how we play in a wing-back system so it's essential we sign him up especially now he's coming into his peak years. <ok>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon May 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Be very interesting to see what happens with Woodman next season. Another fantastic performance tonight. Would best case scenario be Swansea going up and him either going on loan again or even a sell him with an option to buy back
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon May 17, 2021 10:04 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:44 pm
Be very interesting to see what happens with Woodman next season. Another fantastic performance tonight. Would best case scenario be Swansea going up and him either going on loan again or even a sell him with an option to buy back
I think the best case scenario would be to follow the Henderson route with Manchester/Sheffield United. Swansea to come up and loan back there for the season, then for us to steal him back after a premier league season under his belt. Although the obvious risk of that is him wanting to stay at a club that has really helped his development over the years, ala Fraser Forster.

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon May 17, 2021 10:56 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:04 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:44 pm
I think the best case scenario would be to follow the Henderson route with Manchester/Sheffield United. Swansea to come up and loan back there for the season, then for us to steal him back after a premier league season under his belt. Although the obvious risk of that is him wanting to stay at a club that has really helped his development over the years, ala Fraser Forster.
especially when they outplay us and show more ambition than us