NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (January 2021)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:59 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:38 am
Didn't we have a bid for Soumare accepted not too long ago but he wanted to play in Europe and rejected us.
The report at the time was that he didn't want to leave mid season, the club had a flight and medical booked and he backed out at the last minute. Then after that didn't hear much, I think the money for him went on the Joelinton transfer instead as I'm sure the fee we agreed was around £35m. So that would match up.
Nah we definitely were after him after Joelinton I'm sure, as you said he was a mid season transfer I'm pretty sure it was Jan 2020 we were interested
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:38 am
Didn't we have a bid for Soumare accepted not too long ago but he wanted to play in Europe and rejected us.
The report at the time was that he didn't want to leave mid season, the club had a flight and medical booked and he backed out at the last minute. Then after that didn't hear much, I think the money for him went on the Joelinton transfer instead as I'm sure the fee we agreed was around £35m. So that would match up.
Didn't this happen the January after we signed Joelinton? I'm sure it was under Bruce all the Soumare talk was occuring?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:37 pm
Don Sholeone wrote:

Nah we definitely were after him after Joelinton I'm sure, as you said he was a mid season transfer I'm pretty sure it was Jan 2020 we were interested
Yeah that's when we had the bid accepted. There was talk in the summer that we had planned to bid again but didn't really hear much. This is why we really need to invest more and build on what we have, we can't lose out on players like this to clubs like Leicester. I think we should at least aim for the calibre of players that they do. With a little added effort we could have attracted players like Tielemans for example. People will argue their appeal based on winning the league but are players really going to Leicester to win things? I think it's more their ambition to fight for Europe that is helping them massively with recruitment, they have done what we needed to do on the back of our season finishing 5th, instead we just went out and bought Anita.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 11, 2021 4:44 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:14 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Yeah that's when we had the bid accepted. There was talk in the summer that we had planned to bid again but didn't really hear much. This is why we really need to invest more and build on what we have, we can't lose out on players like this to clubs like Leicester. I think we should at least aim for the calibre of players that they do. With a little added effort we could have attracted players like Tielemans for example. People will argue their appeal based on winning the league but are players really going to Leicester to win things? I think it's more their ambition to fight for Europe that is helping them massively with recruitment, they have done what we needed to do on the back of our season finishing 5th, instead we just went out and bought Anita.
Agree we really missed a trick after finishing 5th that year.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 11, 2021 4:51 pm

I miss Anita

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 11, 2021 5:07 pm

<vurn>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue May 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:07 pm
<vurn>
<awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 12, 2021 8:08 am

A few teams rumoured to be looking at Anguissa from Fulham, he's definitely had a decent season despite Fulham getting relegated.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Wed May 12, 2021 11:56 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:08 am
A few teams rumoured to be looking at Anguissa from Fulham, he's definitely had a decent season despite Fulham getting relegated.
''Anguissa is that rare midfielder who can play box-to-box with a combination of defensive disruption and storming forward in attack, without losing possession too often. ... So it's no surprise that Anguissa has been at the heart of much of what's been good at Fulham this term.''

He's another player I'll take from Fulham. He's tall, strong, athletic & mobile. Him & Lemina have made a decent partnership in the middle so I'll take either one of them. The issue with Fulham is there pretty on the eye & have had some great wins against the top 6 but they haven't scored enough goals (lack of clinical strikers) & there defence is leaky.. having a soft edge & being easy to score against has cost a lot of teams relegation which have played good football over the years (West Brom, Bournmouth, Blackpool, Wigan, Norwich, Swansea, etc). You need to have a balance were you play attractive/attacking football but also have a solid foundation at the back.. that's the difference between the top, top teams & the rest of the pack.

Talking of Fulham.. would anyone take Mitrovic back? A loan deal for Lookman when he leaves for Germany again (this season he's looked Premier League class).. ? Joachim Anderson looks like the only real solid defender Fulham have.. 24 & Danish International.. he belongs to Lyon but I think there looking to sell he's been linked to Arsenal & Spurs so might be tough getting him but our CB's are mainly over 30 so it'll be nice to have someone young & fresh. Especially with the Fernandez/Schar contract situation not being solved yet & Lejune's future unclear. The only certs are Lascelles, Clark & Dummet to stay for next season. So a CB could be needed for next season to compete with those three depending on who stays & goes. I'll personally keep Schar & Fernandez for another season.. maybe try bring Lejune back into the fold.. then in summer 2022 can proper rebuild at the back.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm

Thing on BBC gossip says that Berge from Sheffield Utd has a release clause of £35m so if true that's us out.

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Wed May 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm
Thing on BBC gossip says that Berge from Sheffield Utd has a release clause involving money so if true that's us out.
Fixed <gent>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed May 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm
Thing on BBC gossip says that Berge from Sheffield Utd has a release clause of £35m so if true that's us out.
Yeah. Good box-to-box mid I'm surprised he went to Sheffield United.. as no disrespect but weren't ''bigger'' teams interested in him (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc)??.. but they paid 22 mil for him so if he goes.. 35 mil sounds about right. Would give a nice balance in the midfield with him, Hayden & Willock as a three. <urgh>

Lemina, Anguisa or Gallagher it is then.. <whistle>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Berge would be a player I'd take in a heartbeat, extremely taleneted player, it was a surprise he went to Sheffield United alright,but he wanted to play in the Premier League and his best option at the time was Sheffield both from an experience level of both game time and to get used to English Football. He spoke very highly of Chris Wilder when I spoke with him in March.

As I've said before also another Norwegian we're very much interested in is Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic who is available for around €7-10m bracket only 23 so very much still a young talent and can play higher up in midfield too if needed.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm

Not a rumour that I've seen, just my own thoughts and speculation. It's often been discussed that we could do with an experienced LB to cover/compete with Lewis and hopefully aid his development. Willems been the obvious shout by many, myself included. Seems to gone quiet on that front, mind. Would any body think Ryan Bertrand could improve us? Admittedly I've not seen much of him lately, but there was a good player there. Available on a "free" with his contract running down, 31 now though. Might well be after more wages than we'd reasonably offer.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm
Not a rumour that I've seen, just my own thoughts and speculation. It's often been discussed that we could do with an experienced LB to cover/compete with Lewis and hopefully aid his development. Willems been the obvious shout by many, myself included. Seems to gone quiet on that front, mind. Would any body think Ryan Bertrand could improve us? Admittedly I've not seen much of him lately, but there was a good player there. Available on a "free" with his contract running down, 31 now though. Might well be after more wages than we'd reasonably offer.
Seen that alright, would definitely take a punt on him though I think he's pretty much agreed a move to Arsenal so I believe
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 am

Yeah I’d have been more than happy with Bertrand on a free.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 am

I’d rather keep Ritchie… Less able as a defender but a real leader.
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

Speedo wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 am
I’d rather keep Ritchie… Less able as a defender but a real leader.
Why couldn't we keep both? I'm a big fan of Ritchie but there would be space for Bertrand, even more so with Lewis struggling. In that respect, signing an experienced PL left back could even help him in the long run.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Thu May 13, 2021 8:33 am

Danny Rose is probably available.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 13, 2021 8:38 am

Colly wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:33 am
Danny Rose is probably available.
Bentaleb too, get the band back together <laugh>

<puke>