Newcastle United's covid outbreak - ASM & Lascelles still recovering

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Re: TRAINING GROUND CLOSED - VILLA GAME POSTPONED

Post by TJR » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:54 pm
Did he say we were still missing 5? Schar, Lascelles, Manquillo, Gillespie? Probably Dummett. Or even Anderson maybe?

Could be ASM but I'm sure somebody said he was spotted in town the other day.
Supposedly ASM flew back to France this week and will leave in January unless Bruce is sacked. Supposedly had a massive fall out with Bruce just before the Palace game.

Seen a fair few reports on twitter and on talksport that other players have also fell out with Bruce. Talksport claiming he's lost the dressing room.

Can see us sacking him if we lose to Fulham, Man City, Liverpool and Leicester. Fulham game tomorrow is massive for him as it's the only realistic chance of 3 points from the next 4 games.

Lascelles and Dummett were injured prior to the Covid outbreak so maybe they still have those injuries. I think Gillespe was back on the bench the on Wednesday. Which would suggest Manquillo and Schar are the two who Bruce was saying would be suffering from Covid until at least January.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:09 pm

TJR wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm
ALF wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:54 pm
Did he say we were still missing 5? Schar, Lascelles, Manquillo, Gillespie? Probably Dummett. Or even Anderson maybe?

Could be ASM but I'm sure somebody said he was spotted in town the other day.
Supposedly ASM flew back to France this week and will leave in January unless Bruce is sacked. Supposedly had a massive fall out with Bruce just before the Palace game.

Seen a fair few reports on twitter and on talksport that other players have also fell out with Bruce. Talksport claiming he's lost the dressing room.
Twitter and Talksport. Absolute nonsense.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 pm

As boring as it may be to play for Newcastle, I’ve not seen anything from the players to suggest that there’s some sort of mass rebellion against Bruce.

As for ASM, other than against Burnley he’s done Jack s*** this season and if Fraser can get fully match fit I’d bet he’s outscore and out-assist ASM. If or when ASM is back I’d stick him on the bench and use him as an impact sub when defenders are tired.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:09 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 pm
As boring as it may be to play for Newcastle, I’ve not seen anything from the players to suggest that there’s some sort of mass rebellion against Bruce.

As for ASM, other than against Burnley he’s done Jack s*** this season and if Fraser can get fully match fit I’d bet he’s outscore and out-assist ASM. If or when ASM is back I’d stick him on the bench and use him as an impact sub when defenders are tired.
Or use both. Though I agree he's been pretty anonymous the past few matches he managed to play. Seemed like he was constantly nursing an injury from getting knocked around like a sack of potatoes, and moved to a different position off the back of him being influential.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:20 am

Fraser - Almiron - ASM
Wilson

Would that be so unreasonable? Think we would certainly need Hayden in midfield, mind. Dummett coming back from injury wouldn't hurt, either.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

TJR
Mexico (Jiménez)
Mexico (Jiménez)

Post by TJR » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:48 am

CIH wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:20 am
Fraser - Almiron - ASM
Wilson

Would that be so unreasonable? Think we would certainly need Hayden in midfield, mind. Dummett coming back from injury wouldn't hurt, either.
Yes as long as Bruce remains manager.

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:39 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 pm

I've not seen anything huge but the presenter on talksport made a good point. Said about the 4th goal against Leeds, Leeds players were sprinting forward but ours were just ambling back. It showed they aren't willing to run themselves into the ground for Bruce.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:37 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:20 am
Fraser - Almiron - ASM
Wilson

This is what I've wanted to see all along but I guess for Bruce that would be ''too attacking''. A midfield duo of Hayden & Longstaff / Shelvey behind would work well too. Let Fraser, Miggy & ASM rotate & float around Wilson as they please. With the right manager and the right tactics we have the potential to be top half and maybe have the odd Europa League push. We shouldn't be anywhere near the relegation zone but unfortunately ''BruceBall'' is doing just that.. scrapping for lucky & fluky wins with below par - poor performances and playing negative football at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's lost parts of the dressing room & ASM wants gone. With Bruce all we're ever going to get is mid-table mediocrity and relegation battles. Only saving grace would be if he gets us into the League Cup final.. and if he wins well then that's a different matter, give him a 10 year contract like Pardiola if he achieves our first trophy in god knows how many years, unlikely but not impossible. <awe> <diva>

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 am

If he flukes a trophy give him a 10 year deal? No thanks.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 am
If he flukes a trophy give him a 10 year deal? No thanks.
I was being sarcastic. Just reminded me of that time when we gave Pardiola a ten year contract after we finished 5th back in that glorious 2011-2012 season. <diva> <awe> #BruceOut

Cal
Denmark (Kasper)
Denmark (Kasper)

Re: Newcastle United's covid outbreak - ASM & Lascelles still recovering

Post by Cal » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:26 pm

And from nufc.com
Speaking to the media on Friday, Bruce outlined the issues that un-named members of his squad continue to face following the recent COVID outbreak:

"We've had vomiting, sores, mouth ulcers, no smell, no taste, but the big thing, and which is the worrying, is the welfare of one or two of them. It's not great at all.

"That long-term Covid is something which you wouldn't think possible in young, fit, athletes. Unfortunately, it is so.

"They go for a walk for half an hour and then they want to go back to bed. It's as brutal as that. The fatigue is the one thing that has hit them all.

"For two of them, it's beyond that. We hope there's light at the end of the tunnel, but some are finding it a struggle.

"It's had a damaging effect....it won't be a week or two (before they return) - it's going to be longer than that.

"We hope they recover properly and I will give them the time to recover because it's about the welfare of them and their long-term health.

"If one or two of them have got long-term Covid, like it seems, then it's very difficult to manage."

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Our 1st choice CB plus captain and our best playmaker. Bugger. Doubt we'll be seeing them again for a long while. Hope we bring Lejune back. Defo going to need a few signings in Jan.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Our first choice CB but on form over the last 12-18 months certainly not our best. Could do with him fit and available though.

Seconded on Lejune but doubt we will.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Wonder if ASM will go in January and has played our last game for us? I'd hope we would have the foresight to put a recall clause in Lejune's loan move, but don't hold out hope. May explain the increased links to Rojo/Jones recently

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:34 pm

CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:04 pm
Wonder if ASM will go in January and has played our last game for us? I'd hope we would have the foresight to put a recall clause in Lejune's loan move, but don't hold out hope. May explain the increased links to Rojo/Jones recently
Why would anyone want ASM if he can barely get out of bed?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:39 pm

originallad wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:34 pm
CIH wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:04 pm
Why would anyone want ASM if he can barely get out of bed?
That's a fair point. I was just being cynical <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Looks miserable as f*** in his latest insta post <laugh>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:14 pm

One of the journo's who reported the rift rumours has said

Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

krully
Germany (Müller)
Germany (Müller)

Post by krully » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Jesus I didn't know it could cause mouth ulcers hope they can get well soon

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:14 pm
One of the journo's who reported the rift rumours has said

This is a great example of why we should take every rumour that journos spout with a massive pinch of salt.