Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

User avatar
Caer Newydd
Andy's Top Knot
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Caer Newydd » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Always be careful what you wish for,
Coming in through that revolving door,
Bruce's former club, Sheffield Wednesday,
Sacked Tony Pulis yesterday,
Don't want history to again repeat,
And have last Owl boss in the manager's seat.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21539
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by ALF » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Gossy2Hotty wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:42 pm
Given the size of club we are, the woeful squad we have, and the fact that we have one of the worst owners in football, we would be lucky to get Eddie Howe.

We need to face it, until that fat waste of oxygen Ashley goes, we're never going to get better than Bruce.
Weird take, I hate comparing club size but we are certainly more established as a Premier League club than Bournemouth. Our squad is talented and has 2 of his best players from his time at Bournemouth.

Colly
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 6818
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Billingham

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Colly » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Also our last manager was Rafa Benitez, the idea we can't get anything better than Bruce is absurd. And that's from someone who was bored rigid for the Benitez spell.

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20738
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by overseasTOON » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:04 pm

That Tommy Two Shells fella is available.

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21539
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by ALF » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Colly wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:26 pm
Also our last manager was Rafa Benitez, the idea we can't get anything better than Bruce is absurd. And that's from someone who was bored rigid for the Benitez spell.
This. Wasn't a fan of Rafa at all but it was much better than this, at least we looked like we had structure and a plan.

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10376
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:38 am

ALF wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:57 pm
Colly wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:26 pm
Also our last manager was Rafa Benitez, the idea we can't get anything better than Bruce is absurd. And that's from someone who was bored rigid for the Benitez spell.
This. Wasn't a fan of Rafa at all but it was much better than this, at least we looked like we had structure and a plan.
I'll concede that, it did usually seem we had a clear plan. Though I often didn't like the plan, and wish he would have provided more freedom to some of the players, or been open to bringing in players who'd benefit from the freedom to use their attacking skill. I did appreciate him lifting the fanbase though, and thankfully there are other managers besides he and Bruce - unfortunately there's nobody running the club who has the vision or persuasiveness to hire the right one.

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20738
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by overseasTOON » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Joey Barton has left Fleetwood Town

User avatar
Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member
Posts: 30021
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:18 am

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:59 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm
Joey Barton has left Fleetwood Town
Mid-table and seemed to be doing okay, wonder what's gone on?
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21539
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by ALF » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:59 pm
overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm
Joey Barton has left Fleetwood Town
Mid-table and seemed to be doing okay, wonder what's gone on?
Hasn't he just attempted(and failed) to sack Ched Evans following disciplinary issues?

User avatar
Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic
Posts: 10376
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:57 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:31 pm

ALF wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:02 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:59 pm


Mid-table and seemed to be doing okay, wonder what's gone on?
Hasn't he just attempted(and failed) to sack Ched Evans following disciplinary issues?
It had seemed like he'd succeeded and there was no way back for Evans, but with Joey gone that might change now. Especially since Preston fans weren't pleased with the rumoured Evans move there.

User avatar
Scalabrine
Bruce's Bacon
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:14 pm
Location: Spain.

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Scalabrine » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:29 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm
Joey Barton has left Fleetwood Town
Image

Bring him home. <gent>
Image

User avatar
lassassinblanc
lementeurblanc
lementeurblanc
Posts: 2049
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Stavanger

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm

A bit of a left field shout but Vitor Pereira is available after leaving Shanghai.
<ayo>
I'll Hazard a guess

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2386
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by CIH » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:54 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm
A bit of a left field shout but Vitor Pereira is available after leaving Shanghai.
I think he was linked in the past when he was at St. Etienne. But I think we will be stuck with Bruce for the foreseeable. We certainly won't be getting a foreign manager that's been working in China :bandit:

User avatar
ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies
Posts: 21539
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:46 pm
Location: Down Sowf

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by ALF » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 pm

CIH wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:54 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:51 pm
A bit of a left field shout but Vitor Pereira is available after leaving Shanghai.
I think he was linked in the past when he was at St. Etienne. But I think we will be stuck with Bruce for the foreseeable. We certainly won't be getting a foreign manager that's been working in China :bandit:
I dunno, I know of at least 1 out there who has lost nearly half of his games out there and only won 2 out of 14 games in their regular season. Seems like our level of manager.

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2386
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by CIH » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:40 pm

ALF wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:12 pm
CIH wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:54 pm


I think he was linked in the past when he was at St. Etienne. But I think we will be stuck with Bruce for the foreseeable. We certainly won't be getting a foreign manager that's been working in China :bandit:
I dunno, I know of at least 1 out there who has lost nearly half of his games out there and only won 2 out of 14 games in their regular season. Seems like our level of manager.

User avatar
overseasTOON
Much Ado About Blogging
Much Ado About Blogging
Posts: 20738
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by overseasTOON » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Read a headline which said "Morally wrong to keep playing football says Bruce"

Now our usual set up makes sense I thought before opening the article and he was talking about covid pandemic.

User avatar
originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2683
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am
Location: Greater Manchester

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by originallad » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:57 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm
Read a headline which said "Morally wrong to keep playing football says Bruce"

Now our usual set up makes sense I thought before opening the article and he was talking about covid pandemic.
<laugh>

UlversToon
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:52 pm
Location: Cumbria

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by UlversToon » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:31 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm
Read a headline which said "Morally wrong to keep playing football says Bruce"

Now our usual set up makes sense I thought before opening the article and he was talking about covid pandemic.
<laugh> <ok>

User avatar
Cal
10 Champs Bronze
10 Champs Bronze
Posts: 21602
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by Cal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:52 am

overseasTOON wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:14 pm
Read a headline which said "Morally wrong to keep playing football says Bruce"

Now our usual set up makes sense I thought before opening the article and he was talking about covid pandemic.
<grrr>

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2386
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:07 am

Re: Could it happen? Next manager suggestions

Post by CIH » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

To carry on the discussion from the match thread, at least other pundits and fans are starting to see how bad he is. He should be under immense pressure, but he won't be with our regime. Eddie Howe is the favourite, but I don't think he's likely even if Bruce does get sacked. Warren Barton had a good rant on **** that I enjoyed.


Post Reply