Match Thread: Arsenal v Newcastle (FA Cup 3rd Round)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match Thread: Arsenal v Newcastle (FA Cup 3rd Round)

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:09 am

I think Murphy is our best crosser of the ball, not got much competition for that accolade but I’ve always thought he’s had a bit of quality.
Last edited by bodacious benny on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 am

I agree. He's up there for set piece taker too, which again is very faint praise but there's only really him and Ritchie that can even attempt a corner.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 am

ALF wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:25 pm
Matt Ritchie is beyond terrible now.
He needs dropping. His crossing and set pieces have been woeful recently. He's also been giving away fouls on a regular basis. Can't fault his effort, but he's been s***.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 am

Listening to the True Faith podcast, they make a good point that our main striker for this game (Carroll) is getting praise for his performance based on how well he defended <laugh>

I'm still surprised that Gayle didn't start given that he's not had much game time in the league.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am

Murphy has brilliant technique but he really needs to work on his decision making. Too often he tries too much.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:26 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 am
Listening to the True Faith podcast, they make a good point that our main striker for this game (Carroll) is getting praise for his performance based on how well he defended <laugh>

I'm still surprised that Gayle didn't start given that he's not had much game time in the league.
Hopefully he'll start tonight 🙏
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

ALF wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am
Murphy has brilliant technique but he really needs to work on his decision making. Too often he tries too much.
Same with Miggy. Though I guess when you play 95% of the game with literally no options or movement in front of you it’s tricky <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am
ALF wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am
Same with Miggy. Though I guess when you play 95% of the game with literally no options or movement in front of you it’s tricky <laugh>
Or in Murphy's case, you're often coming on in the final minutes while trailing or drawing and expected to create some of the first chances of the match. Can understand why a young attacker trying to earn playing time might force things a bit.