FOOTBALL FOR THE WEEK AHEAD

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: FOOTBALL FOR THE WEEK AHEAD

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 am

3 teams lead the PL in the space of 24 hours, wonder if that’s ever happened at this stage in the season? Hard to call who will win it, I’d put Man C as favourites right now. They started slow but are now back to winning relentlessly and as good defensively as I can ever recall seeing them. Throw Aguero back into the mix (If he’s ever fit) and I can’t look past them.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Hjl
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Hjl » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 pm

If we win every game for the rest of the season and every other team has a catastrophic collapse, we could still win the league!

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Hjl wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 pm
If we win every game for the rest of the season and every other team has a catastrophic collapse, we could still win the league!
I imagine that's Steve Bruce's motivational half-time team talk.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:04 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 pm
Hjl wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:16 pm
I imagine that's Steve Bruce's motivational half-time team talk.
"If you run about a bit more, put in that extra bit of running; about and the like and we win every game for the rest of the season because we've run that bit more than the others - we could win this league. Now get out there, run and kick the ball about and run after it!"

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Can't believe last night I was shouting, well whispering loudly, for a manure victory and tonight it's the same for the bindippers! <neg>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:00 pm

There would only be one winner in a klopp v Dyche fight and it wouldn’t be Klopp!

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Burnley lead as we inch closer to relegation. Our 0-0 draw with Liverpool looks less and less impressive each week

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:52 pm

17th is the best we can hope for by the looks of it. Fucks sake liverpool, cant even help us out, twats. Only silver lining is that Lawro is doing commentary for the BBC on liverpool losing

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Dreadful game but great result for Burnley. Dyche will always keep them up.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 am

Muto won a (very soft looking) pen for Eibar tonight. Which for some reason his keeper took. At the moment no one has a bloody clue why.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:55 am

Other than the obvious risk of a team counter attacking quickly if the keeper missed the penalty, I think keepers would be quite reliable taking pens.

Most of them can hit the ball bloody hard and accurately, and they aren’t likely to try some stupid penalty like lookman for example did v West Ham. It’ll be more the deeney approach of just leather it as hard as you can and even if the keeper guesses right it’ll be hard to save.