Jetro Willems

Rigmaroller
Tindall's Hoody

Jetro Willems

Post by Rigmaroller » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 pm

"Newcastle United decided against a deal for Jetro Willems during the January transfer window.

It’s claimed that the Magpies did contact Williems’ representatives in December to try and figure out his fitness after a lengthy lay-off through injury.

Newcastle’s recruitment team felt that Willems could rekindle his fine connection with Allan Saint-Maximin down the left flank, with the pair having a strong friendship.

However, boss Steve Bruce allegedly vetoed the deal, feeling that his budget was too tight to finalise a deal for Willems."

I cant believe we didnt get Willems, imo hes better than lewis and it would be good for lewis with the competition. I bet he gets snapped up by another club..... :(

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: Jetro Willems

Post by Sanchino » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:47 pm

''The report does note that Newcastle are still considering a summer deal for Willems, given that he is out of contract at Eintracht Frankfurt this summer.''

There's still hope he'll sign & he's better than Lewis so we should still sign him.. he's in his peak years now coming to 27 so he'll want a solid contract & game-time. Him & ASM down that left-hand side.. <awe>

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:51 pm

I'd take him on a free in the summer. I can understand why we didn't sign him but there's no excuses in the summer when he can have a full pre season.

originallad
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by originallad » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:53 pm

He wants to come here as well so wouldn't have to worry so much about personal terms.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Suspect we're just waiting for him to be on a free. If we have him and Lewis then that's LB sorted.

With quite a few players out of contract this summer it should free up wages, and Yedlin's wages are already off the books.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:32 pm

couldnt we negotiate a pre-contract now? (though probably both parties will want to wait until we're safe in the league first)

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:25 pm

Beatski wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:32 pm
couldnt we negotiate a pre-contract now? (though probably both parties will want to wait until we're safe in the league first)
That would require our esteemed MD to be proactive.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:33 pm

oh, never mind then

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm

Rumours a foot he'll be rejoining
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue May 18, 2021 3:58 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm
<diva>

He seemed to really enjoy being at the club, on a free it's low risk especially as crock Carroll is on his way.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed May 19, 2021 1:49 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:46 pm
<awe> Him at LWB or LB will be great. Can teach Lewis a thing or two.. rekindle that beautiful partnership he had with ASM & he will add a goal threat, pace, technical ability & atheism down that left-hand side.. as much as Ritchie has been good since coming back he's getting on a bit now (going to be 32 this year) & Jetro is the all-round better full back. Ritchie is a solid pro & makes up for his technical limitations (lack of pace, dribbling, etc) by his commitment, work-rate, crossing & leadership.. just think Jetro will add more to that LB/LWB position in terms of quality.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 19, 2021 8:44 am

Only concern is that he hasn't played a game since he left us <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed May 19, 2021 1:48 pm

As it turns out, LB has been a weak spot this year, but at least we should be able to rely on his fitness more starting next season with longer rehab than had we brought him back in January and expected him to be ready to go. If that would have been the difference difference between getting Willock on deadline day, I'd say resources were allocated correctly.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Wed May 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Think Ritchie has been a class act since he's come back into the team. His position to lose for me.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu May 20, 2021 6:54 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:16 pm
Think Ritchie has been a class act since he's come back into the team. His position to lose for me.
Agreed. I love Jetro but given the long term plan is clearly for Lewis to take that role, and given Ritchie’s performance the last few months, I think it would be an odd one. If someone wants to pay us our money back for Lewis then by all means…

Also according to the Chronicle, Willems will struggle with work permits. He’s also got dodgy knees and is nearly 30…
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu May 20, 2021 8:45 am

Speedo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:54 am
Captain Obvious wrote:
Agreed. I love Jetro but given the long term plan is clearly for Lewis to take that role, and given Ritchie’s performance the last few months, I think it would be an odd one. If someone wants to pay us our money back for Lewis then by all means…

Also according to the Chronicle, Willems will struggle with work permits. He’s also got dodgy knees and is nearly 30…
He's only 27.

Agree about Ritchie's importance since coming back into the team. It was incredibly poor/petty management to leave him out so long in January for a couple of months. Whilst not the best player by any means, his determination, passion and leadership have been a huge factor in hauling us out of the mess we were in, and he can also put in a very decent delivery at times and picked up a few assists.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu May 20, 2021 9:03 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:45 am
Speedo wrote:

He's only 27.

Agree about Ritchie's importance since coming back into the team. It was incredibly poor/petty management to leave him out so long in January for a couple of months. Whilst not the best player by any means, his determination, passion and leadership have been a huge factor in hauling us out of the mess we were in, and he can also put in a very decent delivery at times and picked up a few assists.
Oh didn’t realise he was so young! Thanks for the correction. Agreed with your other points.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu May 20, 2021 9:13 am

Speedo wrote:
Captain Obvious wrote:

Talking out of their arse as per usual, Jetro is coming from a German club , Germany is a top four ranked country league wise so that will stand to work permit, Frankfurt were in Europa League last season and have qualified for at least Conference League this season so again that will stand for the selling club profile. I'd also imagine he'd get a nice wage which should qualify him too.
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:13 am
Speedo wrote:

Talking out of their arse as per usual, Jetro is coming from a German club , Germany is a top four ranked country league wise so that will stand to work permit, Frankfurt were in Europa League last season and have qualified for at least Conference League this season so again that will stand for the selling club profile. I'd also imagine he'd get a nice wage which should qualify him too.
Will his lack of appearances for them not impact it? He's not made an appearance all season... (I don't know the details of the new work permit rules)

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu May 20, 2021 9:59 am

Speedo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:13 am

Will his lack of appearances for them not impact it? He's not made an appearance all season... (I don't know the details of the new work permit rules)
It may do, but I think him coming from a German league team should be enough as well as Frankfurt finishing 5th or 6th should put him over the 15 points required.

Criteria is here : https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/ ... hed-011220
I'll Hazard a guess