Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: New Kit 21/22

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am

Colly wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:39 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:12 am
I've only ever bought one fake top, a Dortmund one about 7-8 years ago. It was great, until you washed it <laugh>
I got a Nigeria shirt when Shola got called up as I couldn't find a real one anywhere. Looks fine from a distance, close up it's obvious that Ameobi uses at least two different fonts...
I got one too for our uni sweepstake. Walking through campus with headphones in this group of lads start shouting really loud at me. Was a bit worried at first until I took out headphones and could hear what they were saying.
"hey why have you got super eagles on?" I explained Shola is a cult hero and they were agog. "can we take photo, my mum in Nigeria will love to see a white man in this". Was fun
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 am
Colly wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:39 am

I got a Nigeria shirt when Shola got called up as I couldn't find a real one anywhere. Looks fine from a distance, close up it's obvious that Ameobi uses at least two different fonts...
I got one too for our uni sweepstake. Walking through campus with headphones in this group of lads start shouting really loud at me. Was a bit worried at first until I took out headphones and could hear what they were saying.
"hey why have you got super eagles on?" I explained Shola is a cult hero and they were agog. "can we take photo, my mum in Nigeria will love to see a white man in this". Was fun
I received a similar reaction wearing a Marseille top here in Toronto with a bunch of French tourists. They were so shocked somebody would be wearng one here and took pictures - based on their surprise you'd almost have thought they assumed Canadians didn't know what football is.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Club Member
Whiskey Club Member

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:27 pm

I was wearing a Newcastle shirt on Daytona Beach in Florida when I was 15, this truck full of big black lads with chunky gold jewellery and all that on cruised by and started singing Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

CIH
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by CIH » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Since we are all sharing, I was wearing a Newcastle shirt in a bar in Poland when a bunch of Swedish holiday makers came over and starting singing the colocinni song <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:16 am

CIH wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Since we are all sharing, I was wearing a Newcastle shirt in a bar in Poland when a bunch of Swedish holiday makers came over and starting singing the colocinni song <laugh>
<afro> <awe>