Match day thread - NUFC v Arsenal

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Match day thread - NUFC v Arsenal

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm
One thing I find funny is, a certain Fan Twitter account took part in the social media silence to make a stand against abuse online... Their first post after abuse towards Bruce for the loss
Clearly didn’t grasp that the blackout was a stand against all online abuse, not just racism <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 am
lassassinblanc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:45 pm
One thing I find funny is, a certain Fan Twitter account took part in the social media silence to make a stand against abuse online... Their first post after abuse towards Bruce for the loss
Clearly didn’t grasp that the blackout was a stand against all online abuse, not just racism <urgh>
And I'd add, a lot of people don't perceive what they're doing as abuse if they think the person deserves it. And you can be sure that account thinks Bruce deserves whatever he gets.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 am

And I'd add, a lot of people don't perceive what they're doing as abuse if they think the person deserves it. And you can be sure that account thinks Bruce deserves whatever he gets.
Definitely. I do think it goes way too far, the seemingly outright hatred for him from some people is absolutely ridiculous. People also forget / ignore that the guy lost his mother and father in the past year, football is a job and there is a life and issues beyond that.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Definitely. I do think it goes way too far, the seemingly outright hatred for him from some people is absolutely ridiculous. People also forget / ignore that the guy lost his mother and father in the past year, football is a job and there is a life and issues beyond that.
I can never understand the level of vitriol people can generate towards athletes, celebrities, whoever when it comes to job performance for sports and entertainment.