NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 pm

Always wanted Woodman to make it and it's great to see how he's come along but I do still have doubts about him at PL level. Also ive always worried about his size, he's pretty small for a GK but obviously that's not always an issue Given being a testament to that.

Edit: Upon further inspection he's taller than Dubravka <scratch> why does he look so small <laugh>

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sat May 29, 2021 5:43 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:51 am
Getting another goal scorer in is key. We’ve effectively got one striker in the squad with Carroll leaving and Gayle not being good enough to be a starter. It doesn’t have to be a world beater as we won’t pay a lot for a backup striker and they won’t want to sit on the bench, but someone who can chip in 10 goals would be great.

If nothing else a striker and Willock (or replacement for Willock) would be my priorities.
This.. someone like Joshua King / Armstrong would be perfect. Both versatile forwards who have pace & technical ability & can play out-wide so would be ideal.. doesn't have to be those 2 but someone like that.

In a ideal world a CM, Willock + ST would be great... just don't see it happening.

Would anyone take Ross Barkley on loan? Started well with Villa this season but drifted & faded towards the end & got injured right? If we get him + Willock that would be great.. as think he'll be a upgrade on Shelvey he can play the box-to-box role well.. he's technically gifted, energetic, athletic, has a goal in him + at 6ft 2'' a threat on the air + physically can hold his own. Him or Chamberlain are the type of midfield signings we need to make a statement.. proven & experienced at this level with a eye for a goal & a point to prove. We need pace, mobility & technical ability in the middle.. Shelvey isn't that type of player + neither is Hayden who's defensively very solid but with the ball + all-round game he has his limitations.

Willock, Barkley/Chamberlain (on loan), striker & Jetro.. would be a successful window & will show our actual intent / ambition we're not just trying to survive but want to achieve more.. like top-half & European contention (one day) if we build step by step year by year.. but with Mike at the helm it won't happen anytime soon I'm afraid. <urgh>

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat May 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 pm
Always wanted Woodman to make it and it's great to see how he's come along but I do still have doubts about him at PL level. Also ive always worried about his size, he's pretty small for a GK but obviously that's not always an issue Given being a testament to that.

Edit: Upon further inspection he's taller than Dubravka <scratch> why does he look so small <laugh>
I was just about to say he's 6ft 1in <laugh>
If we end up losing him then we'll have f***ed up, don't agree with him being loaned out again either.
Followed him for a while now and there's a reason top clubs want him Arsenal being the ones with a huge interest more than most, he's the real deal.
He's got it all good on crosses, shot stopper, distribution and organising the defence for me he's better than Darlow by a country mile i'd rather see him go.
I think our fans under value him more than most it really is a case of out of sight out of mind, let's hope we don't drop another bollock like Armstrong and Toney.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat May 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Not to disrespect Woodman's career or potential, he's certainly a talented young lad, but I think (at least part of) Arsenal's interest in young Woodman would've been down to their now former head of Goalkeeping, Andy Woodman. Who would admittedly know more about his son's talent than most. I think he should go on loan purely because sitting on the bench this season doesn't do anyone any favours, and he's not quite done enough to immediately oust Dubravka. One more season on loan, preferably with premier league experience, then reassess next season.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:58 pm
Not to disrespect Woodman's career or potential, he's certainly a talented young lad, but I think (at least part of) Arsenal's interest in young Woodman would've been down to their now former head of Goalkeeping, Andy Woodman. Who would admittedly know more about his son's talent than most. I think he should go on loan purely because sitting on the bench this season doesn't do anyone any favours, and he's not quite done enough to immediately oust Dubravka. One more season on loan, preferably with premier league experience, then reassess next season.
I think Arsenals interest in him is down to how he's played at Swansea not a ex employees bias, he's already spent 6 years out on loan <laugh> like i said under valued by most of our fans.
He's already said he'd be happy to fight for the no.1 jersey but not as third choice so sitting on the bench as no.2 playing in cup games is not a issue for him being third choice and constantly loaned out is.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat May 29, 2021 6:21 pm

Tsi wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm
CIH wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:58 pm
I think Arsenals interest in him is down to how he's played at Swansea not a ex employees bias, he's already spent 6 years out on loan <laugh> like i said under valued by most of our fans.
He's already said he'd be happy to fight for the no.1 jersey but not as third choice so sitting on the bench as no.2 playing in cup games is not a issue for him being third choice and constantly loaned out is.
If he feels ready to challenge then maybe worth giving the chance, but don't want another Fraser Forster. The stuff coming out recently about Bruce promising to give Longstaff a chance but never doing it, now he wants to leave again, isn't encouraging. As for Woodman, I said no disrespect to him, he's obviously been doing very well - Swansea has been great for his development. Just making an observation about a fact that shouldn't be overlooked.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Sat May 29, 2021 6:27 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:21 pm
Tsi wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm

If he feels ready to challenge then maybe worth giving the chance, but don't want another Fraser Forster. The stuff coming out recently about Bruce promising to give Longstaff a chance but never doing it, now he wants to leave again, isn't encouraging. As for Woodman, I said no disrespect to him, he's obviously been doing very well - Swansea has been great for his development. Just making an observation about a fact that shouldn't be overlooked.
I would hate us to make the same mistake with him we have with Toney and Armstrong.
I've never understood why as a club we have been so hopeless at youth development in all the years I've supported us.

Toon Ireland
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by Toon Ireland » Sat May 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Ross Barkley would definitely improve us and someone mentioned Rondon a few comments back as well, I'd take him back all day long. I don't know what age he is now but we could be very light on forwards soon.
Going back to CM for a second, hopefully the Longstaff's both kick on a bit this season.
I'm scratching my head to think of any CM or strikers we should go after. Is there any money there to bring anyone in?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat May 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Rondon will be 32 in september. I'm in full agreement that it would be a good loan signing, but highly doubt it'd happen.

There's a good article in the Athletic detailing potential Willock alternatives. Oliver Ntchem and Conor Gallagher among the names, and we've been heavilly linked to both before. The latter would be a loan, although apparent wants to fight for his place at Chelsea (unlikely) The former could potentially have his contract ended a year early by Celtic, which is mildly concerning, but would serve as a more attractive gamble. Alexis Claude-Mourice, Oussama Tannane and Lewis O'Brien also mentioned, admittedly know a lot less about those players personally.
Joe WillockShow
Oliver NtchamShow
Conor GallagherShow
Alexis Claude-MouriceShow
Oussama TannaneShow
Lewis O'BrienShow
Barkly would be an interesting one as well, started fairly well for Villa but tailed off. I think with wages being on the high side as well, probably not going to be a likely target for us, even on loan. Gallagher more likely from Chelsea I think if either of them. Plus, don't have a fancy graphic for him haha

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sat May 29, 2021 10:01 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:24 pm
Rondon will be 32 in september. I'm in full agreement that it would be a good loan signing, but highly doubt it'd happen.

There's a good article in the Athletic detailing potential Willock alternatives. Oliver Ntchem and Conor Gallagher among the names, and we've been heavilly linked to both before. The latter would be a loan, although apparent wants to fight for his place at Chelsea (unlikely) The former could potentially have his contract ended a year early by Celtic, which is mildly concerning, but would serve as a more attractive gamble. Alexis Claude-Mourice, Oussama Tannane and Lewis O'Brien also mentioned, admittedly know a lot less about those players personally.
Joe WillockShow
Oliver NtchamShow
Conor GallagherShow
Alexis Claude-MouriceShow
Oussama TannaneShow
Lewis O'BrienShow
Barkly would be an interesting one as well, started fairly well for Villa but tailed off. I think with wages being on the high side as well, probably not going to be a likely target for us, even on loan. Gallagher more likely from Chelsea I think if either of them. Plus, don't have a fancy graphic for him haha
Judging from that list.. seems like Willock would still be our best bet. Fantastic stats for less than 600 mins of Premier League for us.. you can see his strengths clearly are his goal threat, movement, energy & a strong carrier of the ball which helps the team further up the pitch collectively.. he had a great connection & team chemistry with the likes of ASM, Murphy & Miggy.. you could see they enjoyed playing with him & it elevated there games too. Oliver Ntchem's stats seem average apart from his link-up play & shot volume which seems strong.. heard a few Celtic fans saying on his day he can be brilliant as a all-action & dynamic box-to-box CM but his injury/fitness record is a issue & so is his inconsistency.. but on a free might be a gamble worth taking.. plus still coming towards his peak (only 25).

Connor Gallagher's stats wise seems to be a good all-rounder. Strong figures for carry & dribble volume, disrupting opposition moves & defensive intensity. Seems like the box-to-box we need.. comfortable & classy on the ball, can pick a pass & carry the ball further but can also get stuck in & do the ''dirty work'' too. Sounds like a upgrade on Shelvey tbh.. and I'm all for it. One of the few shining lights from West Brom's campaign this season.. I'll take him & Matheus Pereira.. both look too good for the Champs. I'll say take him on a long loan deal & try get Pereira.. give them Gayle + cash. <ok> <scratch>

Alexis Claude Maurice seems like a young talent.. comes from ASM's old team Nice so that already could be a good sign. Potential Willock replacement with strong stats for goal creation, carry & dribble & ball retention ability. Worth a punt for sure..

Oussama Tannane's stats seem awesome.. could be the perfect Willock replacement as he has high figures for shot volume, goal creation, goal progression, progressive passing & carry n' dribble.. only issue I see is he comes from the Eredivisie so could be a gamble & plus he's 27 so not like he's a youngster who can develop & improve.. he'll be expected to hit the ground running as he's coming into his peak now.. with those stats I could see why we'll be looking at him.. as I doubt he'll be that expensive so with our current ''rumoured'' transfer budget could be the best value in terms of transfer fee & wages.

Lewis O'Brien is a young talent too.. with good stats for defending intensity, ball recoveries & interceptions, link-up play & carry n' dribble. Seems like a decent box-to-box with bags of potential at 22. Only thing is we already have 2 young British midfield talents in the Longstaffs so it'll only put them further down the pecking order if we get someone like him.. OR we could get him + work out a deal to loan Matty Longstaff to them for a year in the Champs which he desperately needs to further his development.

In conclusion these all would be good signings in there own way.. personally if I had to choose one out of them all.. I'll still pick Willock simply because of the chemistry he already has with the team & the impact he had. You don't know how these other players would be.. anyway order of preference if we CAN'T get Willock would be..

1) Connor Gallagher. Proved he can play comfortably at this level this season past with West Brom & would be a Shelvey upgrade.

2) Alexis Claude Maurice. Seems like a classy operator with bags of potential.. & would fit within our transfer policy.

3) Oliver Ntchem. Worth a punt on a free.. has all the physical attributes to succeed in the Prem but his injuries/ inconsistency/ baggage/ attitude could be a issue.

4) Oussama Tannane. Has goals in him & could be a cheap punt worth taking.. only worry is he's coming from a suspect / dodgy league that for every Tadic that comes through you get 2 Kezmens' & 2 Alfonso Alves.. <laugh>

5) Lewis O'Brien. Will be competing with the Longstaffs & interrupting there development so don't really want this transfer to happen.. this season is important for both Longstaffs in there own way. Sean needs to find a consistent run of games & pick up consistent form to establish himself as a regular in the side.. since coming back towards the end of this season he's looked competent & solid enough so hope it continues into next season. Younger brother Matty desperately needs a loan in the Champs or one of the ''big 2'' in the SPL to further his development he needs regular games week in week out.. as Bruce doesn't seem to fancy him atm & he's behind Hendrick in the pecking order which is a real shame.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sun May 30, 2021 8:06 am

That's a very in-depth response, love it! Obviously Willock would be first choice, the point was potential alternatives as he's looking increasingly out of reach. His stats are slightly skewed as well due to his shorter playing time, and high impact in that time. If you took Cisse's first six months at Newcastle in isolation he'd be up there with the very best.

I think the most realistic combination for us would be Ncham on a free/low fee and Gallagher on loan from Chelsea. I do like the look of the lad from Vitesse, but as you say it's a gamble from that division.

I'm not sure how much Maurice played with ASM at Nice, if at all, but that could be an extra ace in the hole if there's already a chemistry between them. I'd probably imagine him being the most expensive on that list after Willock. Well, maybe O'Brien because of homegrown premium haha.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 30, 2021 9:52 am

I would like Pereira from West Brom but even if we did off Gayle (and if we wanted to go) then suspect he’d be out of our price range. Gallagher seems like a decent player without the goal threat that Willock gave us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun May 30, 2021 12:04 pm

The below ‘Birmingham Mail’ post is enough for me to be desperate for a Rondon return
(https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... r-20690368).

Wilson is prone to injury, Gayle and Carroll will probably be gone this summer, and the less said about Joelinton as a striker the better.

We could probably get Rondon back relatively cheaply/on another loan. I feel him and Wilson up top together could cause most defenders trouble, alternatively he’d be great back up for Wilson’s injuries.

Posting this purely because speaking it means it may come true. Cmon whatever members of Newcastle staff read this forum, put the wheels in motion for me.

Edit; it looks like some of you guys have already mentioned it. Now it really has a chance <divax>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun May 30, 2021 12:52 pm

beardface wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:04 pm
The below ‘Birmingham Mail’ post is enough for me to be desperate for a Rondon return
(https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... r-20690368).

Wilson is prone to injury, Gayle and Carroll will probably be gone this summer, and the less said about Joelinton as a striker the better.

We could probably get Rondon back relatively cheaply/on another loan. I feel him and Wilson up top together could cause most defenders trouble, alternatively he’d be great back up for Wilson’s injuries.

Posting this purely because speaking it means it may come true. Cmon whatever members of Newcastle staff read this forum, put the wheels in motion for me.

Edit; it looks like some of you guys have already mentioned it. Now it really has a chance <divax>
This 100%. Would love a Rondon return. You know what you'll get from him.. he's not a gamble or risky as he's proven at this level. Will give 100% in every game, high work-rate, strong as a Ox, experienced, very good hold-up play & fantastic in the air. He's the type of mobile target-man we need & can chip in with goals to help ease the burden on Wilson's shoulders. He's already got chemistry with Miggy, he'll compliment Wilson as he'll keep defenders busy n' allow Wilson to have more space to exploit if they play in a 2 man attack & he'll enjoy playing with the likes of ASM & Murphy as they'll have a proper aerial target to aim for in the box when they cross or play long-balls.

DO IT NUFC!!! NO BRAINER!!! <diva>

Let's get our favourite Venezuelan back to were he deservers to be.. even if it's just for a season would be a astute signing. <awe>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun May 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Rondon and Wilson would be a brilliant partnership potentially. I mean the bloke got Perez scoring alongside him regularly so imagine the goals for Wilson <awe>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 pm

Hows rondon's injury record? We need someone who will available most of the time. No good having two crocks
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun May 30, 2021 2:09 pm

Colback's Orange Tufts wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 pm
Hows rondon's injury record? We need someone who will available most of the time. No good having two crocks
Wikipedia suggests he played 3 full seasons at West Brom and a full season for us (30+ games 4 seasons in a row) so I’m pretty sure he’s fine.
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:00 pm
Rondon and Wilson would be a brilliant partnership potentially. I mean the bloke got Perez scoring alongside him regularly so imagine the goals for Wilson <awe>
He would love the pace of ASM and Willock too. <love>

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun May 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Seen a few Zaha rumours doing the rounds, you'd have to think if he left Palace it wouldn't be for Newcastle
I'll Hazard a guess

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Sun May 30, 2021 5:41 pm

beardface wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:09 pm
Sun May 30, 2021 1:53 pm
Wikipedia suggests he played 3 full seasons at West Brom and a full season for us (30+ games 4 seasons in a row) so I’m pretty sure he’s fine.
Fair. Although it can get worse as u get older
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Sun May 30, 2021 7:37 pm

Sun May 30, 2021 5:41 pm
beardface wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:09 pm

Fair. Although it can get worse as u get older
Speaking from your own personal experience I imagine <roll>
lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:19 pm
Seen a few Zaha rumours doing the rounds, you'd have to think if he left Palace it wouldn't be for Newcastle
<laugh> he’d cost about 6x our transfer budget ffs.