NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:32 am

If that's true it's not exactly surprising. Same thing happened with Remy and QPR. I think we do drag our feet too much with transfers at times, but a player with no subjective ties to the club will obviously pick whatever the better offer is.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

beardface
Shola-esque
Shola-esque

Post by beardface » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:45 am

Josh King’s available on a free. Could do worse as far as backups go. Plus it continues the Newcastle = the North East Bournemouth trend

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:57 am

Didn't score for Bmouth in the champo last season or any in the league for Everton. Admittedly his pitch time was probably limited. I think there's probably better avaliable.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:00 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:32 am
If that's true it's not exactly surprising. Same thing happened with Remy and QPR. I think we do drag our feet too much with transfers at times, but a player with no subjective ties to the club will obviously pick whatever the better offer is.
Agreed. Why shouldn't players try and make the most they can? Especially when it's the difference between clubs playing in the same league. It doesn't reflect badly on a player that they're looking to maximize their earnings in a short-lived job that sets their family and future generations up. Plus, the contract offer is one of the few ways for a player to truly judge which clubs want them most.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:05 pm

gola wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 am
friend in know says ajer head been turned by norwich after verbally agreein with us. shockin that. shows u its all about money at end of day. even if we do end up gettin him is obvs y hes come cos we'll hav offered more. that said this is ashley so who knows
Haven't heard Norwich links, I know the Bayer Leverkusen offer is very tempting as they can offer European Football to him.
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:38 pm

I don’t think Ajer is any better than what we already have so not really bothered if he signs or not.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

ALF
Sleep is for Pussies
Sleep is for Pussies

Post by ALF » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:59 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:38 pm
I don’t think Ajer is any better than what we already have so not really bothered if he signs or not.
I know very little about him. But he is a lot younger than what we have.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:48 pm

ALF wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:59 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:38 pm
I know very little about him. But he is a lot younger than what we have.
And realistically, have to assume at least one of the existing lot will be off this summer.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:23 pm

CIH wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:57 am
Didn't score for Bmouth in the champo last season or any in the league for Everton. Admittedly his pitch time was probably limited. I think there's probably better avaliable.
I'll still take him, he's better than Gayle & different sort of player to Jolienten as he likes running in behind using his pace & movement.. true he hasn't really scored in the past year or so but he's lacking match practice & limited game time. I think he could be somewhat rejuvenated by the Bournemouth connection (Wilson - Fraser) they all know each other's game well so could be beneficial for all of them especially Fraser who needs more of his quality & more consistency this year. I'll take a punt on King.. his wages shouldn't be too high & on a 1 year contract with the option to extend it if he proves himself is worth the risk.. he can upfront & out-wide. Let's not forgot apart from this dry recent spell he's had.. his stats in the last 5 years or so have been (Prem Stats)

15 - 16 31 apps 6 goals
16 - 17 36 apps 16 goals
17 - 18 33 apps 8 goals
18 - 19 35 apps 12 goals
19 - 20 26 apps 6 goals

2 seasons he hit double figures & the other seasons he still chipped in with 5 goals+ & that's exactly what we need someone to chip in goals upfront to help Wilson. I don't see Gayle or Joelinton each scoring any more than 5 goals tbh.. between them they might be lucky to hit 10. Joelinton just isn't a natural finisher & Gayle's past it & done at the top level. I'm sure once King gets up & running he'll chip in with a few goals. He didn't really get a look in at Everton.. so once he gets his match practice & more mins on the pitch he could be a useful player.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:48 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:23 pm
CIH wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:57 am
I'll still take him, he's better than Gayle & different sort of player to Jolienten as he likes running in behind using his pace & movement.. true he hasn't really scored in the past year or so but he's lacking match practice & limited game time. I think he could be somewhat rejuvenated by the Bournemouth connection (Wilson - Fraser) they all know each other's game well so could be beneficial for all of them especially Fraser who needs more of his quality & more consistency this year. I'll take a punt on King.. his wages shouldn't be too high & on a 1 year contract with the option to extend it if he proves himself is worth the risk.. he can upfront & out-wide. Let's not forgot apart from this dry recent spell he's had.. his stats in the last 5 years or so have been (Prem Stats)

15 - 16 31 apps 6 goals
16 - 17 36 apps 16 goals
17 - 18 33 apps 8 goals
18 - 19 35 apps 12 goals
19 - 20 26 apps 6 goals

2 seasons he hit double figures & the other seasons he still chipped in with 5 goals+ & that's exactly what we need someone to chip in goals upfront to help Wilson. I don't see Gayle or Joelinton each scoring any more than 5 goals tbh.. between them they might be lucky to hit 10. Joelinton just isn't a natural finisher & Gayle's past it & done at the top level. I'm sure once King gets up & running he'll chip in with a few goals. He didn't really get a look in at Everton.. so once he gets his match practice & more mins on the pitch he could be a useful player.
<notbad>

Fair points, well made. I'm convinced.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:04 pm

I think I'm the only person who expects Fraser to leave. It's just odd that he's always playing for Scotland but is apparently "injured" when he's with us.

I honestly think the whole bother with the mole probably involved him so I just expect he will be shipped out this pre-season if we get an offer.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Add Villa to the long list of clubs leaving us for dead <divax>

If only we could compete with a club promoted more recently than us.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:23 pm

Has the knock on effect of making Willock look even less likely that it already was.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:53 pm

CIH wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:23 pm
Has the knock on effect of making Willock look even less likely that it already was.
True. Really think he’ll be featuring for arsenal next season.

jpg
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jpg » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:40 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:20 pm

To be fair the club spent more than that on Joelinton.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Crank up the rumour mill!

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:

I get the point you're making, but there are a lot of goal posts when it comes to these debates. Is it the clubs that are more recently promoted? The ones with less history of PL success? The ones with smaller stadiums? I just feel having been relegated twice in the past 12 years and on the verge of relegation most others - there's not much there distinguishing us from Villa on that front.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:59 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:

I get the point you're making, but there are a lot of goal posts when it comes to these debates. Is it the clubs that are more recently promoted? The ones with less history of PL success? The ones with smaller stadiums? I just feel having been relegated twice in the past 12 years and on the verge of relegation most others - there's not much there distinguishing us from Villa on that front.
Oh yeah I’d say we’re very much a similar size club to villa, but they’re clearly looking to build a very good team and progress where we’re clearly content loitering around the bottom 6.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Ajer most likely off to Leverkusen
I'll Hazard a guess

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:59 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Oh yeah I’d say we’re very much a similar size club to villa, but they’re clearly looking to build a very good team and progress where we’re clearly content loitering around the bottom 6.
And I totally agree, I think the clubs are pretty comparable in most ways, but they certainly have a more exciting squad and more momentum and vision right now.