NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:12 am

I suspect there’s been a mixup and it’s actually 50 year old former Celtic player Morten Wieghorst that we’re interested in, more inline with our budget.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Goal for Weghorst.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:22 pm
Goal for Weghorst.
Price just went up couple of million
I'll Hazard a guess

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 pm

We're being linked with Valencia CB Mouctar Diakhaby on a few sites

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:46 am

The Chronicle saying we're considering a player plus cash deal for Willock, with the player being Freddie Woodman as they look to boost their homegrown quota.

Obvs it's the Chronicle so obvs it's nothing but them throwing darts at a board and seeing where they land.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am

Was in the express as well, surely can't see that being true. As much as signing Willock would be important to us, using one of our most highly rated younger players as a makeweight isn't a good idea, at all. If Arsenal are so desperate for a backup keeper that qualifies as part of the home grown contingent, let's use Darlow in a player + cash deal.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:13 am

Cabella'nın Yenilmez Saçları wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am
Was in the express as well, surely can't see that being true. As much as signing Willock would be important to us, using one of our most highly rated younger players as a makeweight isn't a good idea, at all. If Arsenal are so desperate for a backup keeper that qualifies as part of the home grown contingent, let's use Darlow in a player + cash deal.
Theoretically, is Woodman that important to us in the medium term? Dubravka is 32 so not particularly old for a keeper. He could be our number one for the next 5 years. Fabianski is 36 and still number 1 for West Ham and has got better as he's got older.

Willock would be far more important than Woodman for what he could offer the team.

p.s. hope you enjoyed the beating my Swiss boys dished out on you yesterday <kray>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:34 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:13 am
Cabella'nın Yenilmez Saçları wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am
Theoretically, is Woodman that important to us in the medium term? Dubravka is 32 so not particularly old for a keeper. He could be our number one for the next 5 years. Fabianski is 36 and still number 1 for West Ham and has got better as he's got older.

Willock would be far more important than Woodman for what he could offer the team.

p.s. hope you enjoyed the beating my Swiss boys dished out on you yesterday <kray>
I was working, and my department got Switzerland in the sweeps. Was a bit conflicted <laugh> And yeah I agree that Willock would likely be more important, I disagree that it should be one for the other. Which I know you aren't saying, referring more to the links/speculation in general. I do feel like Woodman will be another Forster and end up leaving for first team football. So maybe if that is inevitable, we should at least get something out of it. Would he really want to leave for another team's bench though? Especially after a very good season in the championship with Swansea. I feel he needs another loan move, preferably to another prem club, but if not then back to Swansea. He's developed well there under Cooper.

EDIT: I know it's hardly them that make the decisions, but some Arsenal fans on twitter saying 30m + Woodman. f*** right off <laugh> Most reports value Willock at 30m anyway, f***ing pull the other one lads.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:40 am

Definitely, in an ideal world we'd get Willock and keep Woodman under a more ambitious and progressive owner.

You'd think Woodman would want first team football, he's had two very good seasons at Swansea and at 24 really won't want to be bench warming somewhere. I wonder with Dubravka away at the EUROs if he'll be given friendly matches with us over summer and then the club/he will decide what will happen.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:47 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:40 am
Definitely, in an ideal world we'd get Willock and keep Woodman under a more ambitious and progressive owner.

You'd think Woodman would want first team football, he's had two very good seasons at Swansea and at 24 really won't want to be bench warming somewhere. I wonder with Dubravka away at the EUROs if he'll be given friendly matches with us over summer and then the club/he will decide what will happen.
That sounds like a logical and sensible forward-thinking strategy. I'm sure it will happen <awe> <urgh>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:25 am

Not a transfer, but hopefully Murphy signs a new contract soon. He's only got one year left on his current deal and was one of our best players the second half of last season, really growing into that RWB role and can put a great delivery into the box.

Tsi
Suisse (topless man)
Suisse (topless man)

Post by Tsi » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:33 pm

Newcastle United have agreed a deal with Switzerland star Fabian Schar - despite talk from Germany he wants a move to the Bundesliga.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Tsi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:33 pm
Newcastle United have agreed a deal with Switzerland star Fabian Schar - despite talk from Germany he wants a move to the Bundesliga.
"Star", he's been pretty s*** at the EUROs from what I saw.

Didn't we previously activate a 1-year extension option we had?

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm
Tsi wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:33 pm

Yes we’ve just activated the extension, and this is being re-/mis-reported. No new contract.
I had the first custom w***

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Speedo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Yes we’ve just activated the extension, and this is being re-/mis-reported. No new contract.
Yep, he might still go to a Bundesliga club, we'll just get a fee now instead of him leaving on a free
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:41 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:26 pm
Speedo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 pm

Yep, he might still go to a Bundesliga club, we'll just get a fee now instead of him leaving on a free
So said the cat, that happened to be wearing a hat.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:24 am

lol

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:57 pm

<scratch> We were linked to Andre Ayew couple days ago.. is there any truth in those rumours? As I don't think he'll be any better than Gayle / Joelinton at this stage of his career.. was Swansea's star man but only notched up 16 goals so not exactly prolific compared to Toney, Armstrong, etc. He's also 31 & even in the Prem he didn't set it alight with West Ham but did decent at Swansea but that was back in the 15-16 season a lot has changed now. Was he playing more as a winger last season.. as maybe that's why we want him? he's versatile (can play on both wings & upfront), experienced, fast & skilful. Squad player.. back up to ASM/Wilson? Better than Carroll but that's not saying much..is he worth a punt?

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Not seen the links and tbh would be a bit of a meh signing, at 31 I'd be surprised if Ashley paid money for him as no resale value. I'd take him in a straight-swap for Gayle but that'd be about it.

PepperJack
Wilson's Loose Tooth

Post by PepperJack » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:04 pm
Not seen the links and tbh would be a bit of a meh signing, at 31 I'd be surprised if Ashley paid money for him as no resale value. I'd take him in a straight-swap for Gayle but that'd be about it.
Swansea released him, so very much an Ashley signing. Don't imagine he would do anything if he came.