NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Speedo » Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am

So to kick things off...

Mikel Arteta says that Joe Willock is not for sale. Which is either because he's realised that he's quality or he wants an extra £10m.

Jetro Willems, as per the other thread, wants to come back and is pushing hard for it to happen.

Kristoffer Ajer and a bunch of other centre-backs keep on being linked.

Bruce's priorities are allegedly central midfield, left back, centre back, followed by support on the wings and upfront.
I had the first custom w***

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri May 21, 2021 9:18 am

Speedo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am
So to kick things off...

Mikel Arteta says that Joe Willock is not for sale. Which is either because he's realised that he's quality or he wants an extra £10m.

Jetro Willems, as per the other thread, wants to come back and is pushing hard for it to happen.

Bruce's priorities are allegedly central midfield, left back, centre back, followed by support on the wings and upfront.
So everywhere the <laugh> Apparently we are fine at right back haha
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 21, 2021 9:35 am

CIH wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:18 am
Speedo wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:53 am
So to kick things off...

So everywhere the <laugh> Apparently we are fine at right back haha
<laugh>

Don't forget that we're fine for keepers' too!

Is CB really a priority given limited budget? We've got Clark, Dummett, Lascelles, Schar as well as Fernandez (if he signs an extension) and Lejeune who has proven his fitness at Alaves this season. Even if one of them left I don't think it's where we need to spend.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am

Yeah I don't understand why we are constantly linked to centre backs. Not only do we have depth, its strength in depth as well. All of those listed are good enough to start, albeit some more than others. We have had injury worries there which has meant Krafth deputises, but he's no worse there than at RB.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am

For me it's got to be Willock and a second choice striker to replace Carroll but be ahead of Joelinton and Gayle. The squad is quite adaptable, Krath can play RB or CB, Murphy can play RB or Winger, Joelinton can play out wide if we're really desperate, Hayden can slot into CB and even RB if things go wrong. But we clearly need quality cover up top, Gayle has lost a yard of pace, Carroll has lost a yard of everything (and will leave) and Joelinton will never be a goalscorer. Someone like Rondon would do for me, but obviously won't happen. As said we're stocked at GK and CB.

Vaj
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions
Dyslexia Untied: Flash League Champions

Post by Vaj » Fri May 21, 2021 11:53 am

Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am
For me it's got to be Willock and a second choice striker to replace Carroll but be ahead of Joelinton and Gayle. The squad is quite adaptable, Krath can play RB or CB, Murphy can play RB or Winger, Joelinton can play out wide if we're really desperate, Hayden can slot into CB and even RB if things go wrong. But we clearly need quality cover up top, Gayle has lost a yard of pace, Carroll has lost a yard of everything (and will leave) and Joelinton will never be a goalscorer. Someone like Rondon would do for me, but obviously won't happen. As said we're stocked at GK and CB.
If we stick to playing 5 at the back I would like to see Hayden at centre back but being able to push into midfield as well when we have the ball. I like him but think he is a bit limited when it comes to central midfield.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Fri May 21, 2021 11:59 am

We won't have the cash to buy Willock even if he was for sale. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they might let him come back on a season long loan.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri May 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Yeah he might not be for sale but I’d be happy if we can get a season long loan.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Fri May 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Reports linking us with Oxlade Chamberlain not sure if it's just due to his missus being from South Shields
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Sat May 22, 2021 8:16 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:36 pm
Reports linking us with Oxlade Chamberlain not sure if it's just due to his missus being from South Shields
Bloody hell he’s still only 27! Would be decent as an upgrade on Shelvey in the deep role, or alternatively to push Miggy forward.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 am

He’s a class player, shame he’s made of glass.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sat May 22, 2021 10:41 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 am
He’s a class player, shame he’s made of glass.
Yup decent player just fairly injury prone
I'll Hazard a guess

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 pm

The Willock situation is always the danger with loans, Arsenal and Arteta will w*** themselves silly over him now when just a few months ago they couldn't give a flying f***. Sad thing is we will probably have more chance of signing Maitland-Niles now when in January he was the most sought after player.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun May 23, 2021 2:02 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:43 am
This. Someone like Rondon would be perfect.. he was recently on loan at CSKA Moscow but is due to go back to China to analyse his situation this summer.. I think he still wants to play in Europe so if we can get Big Ron back that'll be amazing! A massive upgrade to Carroll & significant upgrade to Gayle & Joelinton. If we can't get him I'll be happy with a versatile striker who's comfortable playing out-wide like Joshua King. CB & GK should be least of our priorities. LB Jetro is due back so that'll add depth to the left-hand side (Jetro, Ritchie, Lewis, Dummet.. that's enough depth) RB/RWB we're fine with Murphy, Manquillo & Kraft.. even Hayden can play there if needed/emergencies. As I've mentioned so many times now.. a ball-playing powerful ''classy'' CM would do me to pull the strings of a game.. if we can get Chamberlain that would be a big upgrade on Shelvey.. imagine a midfield trio of Ox, Hayden & Willock with Miggy behind ASM & Wilson.. dare I say we could be potentially top-half material challenging for top 7 (Europa Conference League/Europa League) if everyone's fit & firing. If West Ham could do it.. so could we.. on paper our strongest XI is on par with there's. <diva> <awe>

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon May 24, 2021 6:36 pm

This looks like a permanent goodbye, not a see you later <cry>

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Mon May 24, 2021 6:38 pm

<cry>

He certainly won’t be short of potential suitors for next season.

originallad
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by originallad » Tue May 25, 2021 7:35 am

Willock's a boyhood Arsenal fan so of course he wants to stay there and play for them. His heart is there, but at least we've pronged his heart strings somewhat. Career sense though, if Arsenal can't guarantee him a place in the starting XI, then those around him might just reccomend him making a permanent move to us, or a season long loan.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 25, 2021 7:48 am

You’d have thought that he’s played well enough for us, and when given a chance for arsenal in the EL last season that he should be given games there next season too. With no European football I doubt top players will be rushing to sign for them either, they could build a team around the likes of Willock and Smith-Rowe.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue May 25, 2021 8:43 am

Can see Willock staying at Arsenal unless they go out and get another midfielder.

A few rumours this morning that we've enquired about Delle Ali who is open to a move to get more game time after discussion with Southgate over his England spot, would say it would very much depend on who comes in as manager there too. Would also say he;d be valued too high for us.

We've also asked Celtic about Oliver Ntcham who may actually be released on a free but to sweeten and cement the deal for Kristoffer Ajer we'd throw in about 2m for Ntcham too.(Only Newcastle)
I'll Hazard a guess

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Tue May 25, 2021 9:51 am

Delle Ali <laugh>

The Celtic ones are definitely more our level / budget.