NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Donkey Toon
Croatia (Modric)
Croatia (Modric)

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Donkey Toon » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Dodged a bullet with Lemina imo. No better than what we've already got. We need to sign players that add to the quality of the squad not just add more of the same. Especially in midfield where we already have plenty of average players.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Dodged a bullet with Lemina imo. No better than what we've already got. We need to sign players that add to the quality of the squad not just add more of the same. Especially in midfield where we already have plenty of average players.
Yeah, but we clearly won't pay what will be needed for quality <laugh>

Willock on loan and one or two squad players is pretty much all I'm expecting.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Donkey Toon wrote:
I disagree. Lemina would be a Shelvey upgrade. Does what Shelvey does (vision, passing, technical ability) but has a better all-round game.. better engine to run up & down (box-to-box), faster, more powerful, better defensively & stronger. Only issue is his inconsistency, lack of discipline at times & injury/fitness issues but for the reported 4-8 mil it was worth the gamble tbh. Shame our board has no ambition what so ever.. if we can't even get a player like Lemina in. <urgh>

Instead we'll still have Hendrick starting here n dere' and coming of the bench. Lemina is better than all of our current midfielders except Hayden & there two different players anyway but yeah I think we need investment in the middle of the pitch as a Shelvey-Hayden-Longstaff midfield won't get us into the top-half/top 10 unfortunately. We need a Cabaye/Tiote duo again. <awe>

Hopefully we get Willock back in for at least another season or Gallagher.. Matty Longstaff needs a loan badly this season for his development and Hendrick needs to be sold. <ok>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:29 pm
Donkey Toon wrote:
I disagree. Lemina would be a Shelvey upgrade. Does what Shelvey does (vision, passing, technical ability) but has a better all-round game.. better engine to run up & down (box-to-box), faster, more powerful, better defensively & stronger. Only issue is his inconsistency, lack of discipline at times & injury/fitness issues but for the reported 4-8 mil it was worth the gamble tbh. Shame our board has no ambition what so ever.. if we can't even get a player like Lemina in. <urgh>

Instead we'll still have Hendrick starting here n dere' and coming of the bench. Lemina is better than all of our current midfielders except Hayden & there two different players anyway but yeah I think we need investment in the middle of the pitch as a Shelvey-Hayden-Longstaff midfield won't get us into the top-half/top 10 unfortunately. We need a Cabaye/Tiote duo again. <awe>

Hopefully we get Willock back in for at least another season or Gallagher.. Matty Longstaff needs a loan badly this season for his development and Hendrick needs to be sold. <ok>
Do we even have a Board anymore? <scratch> We're like a ghost ship drifting in the night.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:38 pm

No, It’s charnley on his own and Ashley giving the ultimate go/no-go isn’t it <laugh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Anyone heard of this lad?

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Lee Clark's son. Past that I don't know anything about him

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:55 pm

The second coming of Messi if you ask the Steve Wraith brigade.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:18 pm

I've seen people on Twitter all day talking about the loss of one of our best prospects. Thought they just got Lejeune's age wrong...

Sir Bobby
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Sir Bobby » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:50 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54256235

Having just watched the above I think it's fair to say we haven't lost a big personality in the dressing room...

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Colly wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:18 pm
I've seen people on Twitter all day talking about the loss of one of our best prospects. Thought they just got Lejeune's age wrong...
None of whom will ever have heard of him <laugh>

Toondes
f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Post by Toondes » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:16 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Anyone heard of this lad?
Think he made his debut aged 14 for the younguns. Apparently that makes him a big loss for us
# stolen from nufc.com :)

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Maybe I'm just super pessimistic, but I see the bench full of academy players last night as a concern, feel the club is preparing for no incomings.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:37 pm
Maybe I'm just super pessimistic, but I see the bench full of academy players last night as a concern, feel the club is preparing for no incomings.
On the upside, Fraser looked quite good on the highlights and will be like a new signing <diva>

Still got Schar and Dubravka to come back, not sure why Ritchie or Manquillo weren’t in the squad.

Suspect we’re looking to ship Muto out as he’s worse than Gayle so no real point keeping him.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:45 pm

Links to Lookman who is supposedly available for 12m. Which isn't that much in general relative PL terms, but we'd only be in for a loan for an option to buy. Which is understandable with the current everything, but it's beyond frustrating. Southampton also been linked. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go Norwich.
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:06 pm

Quite a few linked with him, he had some good moments last season and there’s definitely something there…just don’t let him anywhere near pens <laugh>

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:06 pm
Quite a few linked with him, he had some good moments last season and there’s definitely something there…just don’t let him anywhere near pens <laugh>
This. He's talented for sure and still has his prime years ahead of him at 23 years of age so still relatively young. Pacey, skilful & can be explosive/dynamic at his best.. just needs to overcome his inconsistency & injury/fitness issues but for the 12mil price he's worth a punt. A front three of him, Miggy/Fraser & ASM behind Wilson could be electric <run> <diva> <divadance>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 am

Bruce's post-match comments at Doncaster don't sound promising on the transfer front.

Basically hoping for Willock on loan, hardly any money, need to wait for the 'big clubs' to do their business, looking at the loan market <urgh>

On Willock, doesn't sound like he's in Arsenal's plans:

"...and although Mikel Arteta used 20 players during the course of a game that his side won 4-1, Joe Willock wasn't sighted".

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:05 pm

Phil Jones apparently available on a free transfer from Man U (cos they need rid of him). We could do worse.
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Speedo wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:05 pm
Phil Jones apparently available on a free transfer from Man U (cos they need rid of him). We could do worse.
It's a massive no from me. On a free transfer he'll be asking for big wages, and I don't think he's any better than what we have.