NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2021)

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:22 am
Don't the domestic league rules restrict loans to only one from a club in the same league? I'd like to see Gallagher if anyone. Abraham has looked good in spells but I think they want to sell him ideally, not sure if anyone would pay 40m though
Yeah I think so.. if it comes down to that I'll just take Gallagher then as he's the all-round box-to-box mobile CM we desperately need. An upgrade on Shelvey... ideally we should look to get a upgrade on Hayden too but don't see us getting 2 CM's unless we sell one of them. If the right offer came in for Shelvey.. we should look to sell. Ideally keep Hayden as back-up & get 2 quality midfielders who can elevate us to the next level. Gallagher & Willock would be great.. but we need a dedicated DM with better distribution & technique. I can't think of one right now.. but what I'll do to have a prime Tiote / prime Cabaye back. <awe>

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:22 am
Don't the domestic league rules restrict loans to only one from a club in the same league? I'd like to see Gallagher if anyone. Abraham has looked good in spells but I think they want to sell him ideally, not sure if anyone would pay 40m though
Yeah I think so.. if it comes down to that I'll just take Gallagher then as he's the all-round box-to-box mobile CM we desperately need. An upgrade on Shelvey... ideally we should look to get a upgrade on Hayden too but don't see us getting 2 CM's unless we sell one of them. If the right offer came in for Shelvey.. we should look to sell. Ideally keep Hayden as back-up & get 2 quality midfielders who can elevate us to the next level. Gallagher & Willock would be great.. but we need a dedicated DM with better distribution & technique. I can't think of one right now.. but what I'll do to have a prime Tiote / prime Cabaye back. <awe>
I think Ntcham and Gallagher on loan will probably be the best we can get midfield wise at the minute. Hugely pessimistic of us keeping Willock in any capacity, as good as it would be. I'm a big fan of Hayden, he's obviously limited in certain areas, but does what he can do very well. Wasted when being played as an attacking midfielder at point this season. This Ajaer we are supposedly in for from Celtic can play in holding midfield as well, apparently. May well be targeted for that position rather than deeper in defence?
Previously CIH/Cabella's Invincible Hair

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Oh no.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Colly wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Oh no.
Good servant & a very decent pro. Wish him all the best ! <applause>

I'm sure he could still play at a good level weather that be for a Championship side or aboard. Was a quality player in our Champs season back when we got promoted with Rafa. In the Prem you could see his limitations even though you can't fault his effort or work-rate but just lacked that technical quality to be a good / solid consistent Premier League winger. <ok>

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:46 am

Honestly still don't see this "was good in the Championship". For me he never did enough for the move to be made permanent, and he's been stealing a living for years. Fair play to him, as you say I don't think he ever didn't try, but he was never ever good enough.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:11 am

atsu was one of reasons we came up as champions, class. but the difference in quality is so much that he was never gonna step up. sum players jus cnt cut it above a certain level n hes one of them..

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:59 pm

CIH wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm
Sanchino wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:02 pm

I think Ntcham and Gallagher on loan will probably be the best we can get midfield wise at the minute. Hugely pessimistic of us keeping Willock in any capacity, as good as it would be. I'm a big fan of Hayden, he's obviously limited in certain areas, but does what he can do very well. Wasted when being played as an attacking midfielder at point this season. This Ajaer we are supposedly in for from Celtic can play in holding midfield as well, apparently. May well be targeted for that position rather than deeper in defence?
I just think if we ever want to play on the front foot more often, have more posession and show more intent, you can't having a starting CM who is so limited on the ball - as it requires your other CMs to stay deep as well to collect it from him. To his credit, he was a really irresponsible tackler in his early years - fouling in dangerous areas and picking up yellow cards way too often; but he's now much more reliable breaking up play. Which has been invaluable in a side that concedes as much possession as us and needs so many last ditch tackles. But I'd much rather have him as a sub that can come on and see leads out than as a starting midfielder meant to contribute to us taking leads.

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:59 pm
CIH wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:20 pm

I just think if we ever want to play on the front foot more often, have more posession and show more intent, you can't having a starting CM who is so limited on the ball - as it requires your other CMs to stay deep as well to collect it from him. To his credit, he was a really irresponsible tackler in his early years - fouling in dangerous areas and picking up yellow cards way too often; but he's now much more reliable breaking up play. Which has been invaluable in a side that concedes as much possession as us and needs so many last ditch tackles. But I'd much rather have him as a sub that can come on and see leads out than as a starting midfielder meant to contribute to us taking leads.
Summed my views perfectly why we should look to replace Hayden (in the long-term). <applause>

If we want to dictate, be on the front foot, attack & have more possession of the ball we need midfielders who are comfortable & brave with the ball ready to push us forward & take risks. Shelvey's passing is good but what else does he bring to the table? Similar to Hayden's good at tackling & interceptions but what else? We need midfielders who are good all-rounders.. especially now in the modern game, sure one can attack better than the other or defend better than the other but you need to be mobile, athletic, strong, physical.. all the physical attributes needed to succeed but also have the brains, technical ability & passing / distribution of the ball. Central midfield is the most important position I'll say or one of the most important positions as it dictates the flow & tempo of your team's play. It's no wonder since Cabaye's left & Tiote was past it (R.I.P) we haven't had 2 genuine quality CM's who can boss games. <ok>

That's another reason we should do all we can to get Willock back as you see how much of a impact a energetic & mobile central midfielder did for us.. he drove with the ball & was a very good ball carrier. That's what we need but we need technical ''maestros' too to dictate & dominate games.. not saying it's gonna happen against the ''bigger'' sides but it's a step by step process were we should be looking to be in the top-half and not being no relegation threat what so ever. How are Leeds with a weaker squad (on paper) ending 9th in there first season back & playing some cracking attacking football???

Obviously.. there's a difference in coaching between Bruce & Bielsa but still.. you get my point <urgh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Sanchino wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:13 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:59 pm

Summed my views perfectly why we should look to replace Hayden (in the long-term). <applause>

If we want to dictate, be on the front foot, attack & have more possession of the ball we need midfielders who are comfortable & brave with the ball ready to push us forward & take risks. Shelvey's passing is good but what else does he bring to the table? Similar to Hayden's good at tackling & interceptions but what else? We need midfielders who are good all-rounders.. especially now in the modern game, sure one can attack better than the other or defend better than the other but you need to be mobile, athletic, strong, physical.. all the physical attributes needed to succeed but also have the brains, technical ability & passing / distribution of the ball. Central midfield is the most important position I'll say or one of the most important positions as it dictates the flow & tempo of your team's play. It's no wonder since Cabaye's left & Tiote was past it (R.I.P) we haven't had 2 genuine quality CM's who can boss games. <ok>

That's another reason we should do all we can to get Willock back as you see how much of a impact a energetic & mobile central midfielder did for us.. he drove with the ball & was a very good ball carrier. That's what we need but we need technical ''maestros' too to dictate & dominate games.. not saying it's gonna happen against the ''bigger'' sides but it's a step by step process were we should be looking to be in the top-half and not being no relegation threat what so ever. How are Leeds with a weaker squad (on paper) ending 9th in there first season back & playing some cracking attacking football???

Obviously.. there's a difference in coaching between Bruce & Bielsa but still.. you get my point <urgh>
And that summed up my view on the midfield as a whole perfectly <applause>

beatski
England (Kane)
England (Kane)

Post by beatski » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm

been linked with Matheus Nunes, anyone know if he's any good

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:37 pm

Beatski wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm
I'll have a look in the the Dennis Wise video archives and let you know

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Beatski wrote:
Not sure why a blog like geordie boot boys would identify him as a winger, when everything else I've read and reviewed reports he's a central and defensive midfielder. 22 year old Brazilian at Sporting that we allegedly tried to loan with an option to buy in January - only to be rejected because they wanted to hold onto the league title. Made a lot of appearances for them, although often as a substitute.

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:08 am

Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 pm
Beatski wrote:
Not sure why a blog like geordie boot boys would identify him as a winger, when everything else I've read and reviewed reports he's a central and defensive midfielder. 22 year old Brazilian at Sporting that we allegedly tried to loan with an option to buy in January - only to be rejected because they wanted to hold onto the league title. Made a lot of appearances for them, although often as a substitute.
Don't know the player myself, but a cursory search shows nothing other than that blog saying he's a winger. Transfermarkt, which is usually a good source, doesn't even cite him as able to play on the wing.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:05 am

CIH wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:08 am
Remember Colo wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Don't know the player myself, but a cursory search shows nothing other than that blog saying he's a winger. Transfermarkt, which is usually a good source, doesn't even cite him as able to play on the wing.
Wouldn't call him a winger or a defensive midfielder more of central midfielder, attacking mid though he is very capable in either.

Decent playmaker , good passing and vision and is comfortable on the ball.
I'll Hazard a guess

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:17 am

Woodman linked with Celtic this morning...echoes of Fraser Forster

Also heard Danny Rose has been touted and Alex McLeish has claimed that would be a signing Newcastle fans would love...on his day yeah he's good but he's very far from that would much rather Jetro now on that it might be the case we're looking at Rose due to the Work Permit issues for Jetro, but I'd still think he'd pass that.
I'll Hazard a guess

Valentino's fast feet
Senegal (Aboubakar)
Senegal (Aboubakar)

Post by Valentino's fast feet » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:10 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:17 am
Woodman linked with Celtic this morning...echoes of Fraser Forster

Also heard Danny Rose has been touted and Alex McLeish has claimed that would be a signing Newcastle fans would love...on his day yeah he's good but he's very far from that would much rather Jetro now on that it might be the case we're looking at Rose due to the Work Permit issues for Jetro, but I'd still think he'd pass that.
Did he ever have his day when here on loan? Great player once upon a time, arguably up there as one of if not the best fullbacks in the league. That time has long gone, though. I'd be happy with Willems if that can be worked out.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:44 am

I thought Rose showed some glimpses of class when he was here but for the vast majority of his time he just looked unfit and didn't look very interested.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:49 am

Yep as Don says, I think he showed a little glimpse but was was obviously unfit and severely lacking match practice.
I'll Hazard a guess

Sanchino

Post by Sanchino » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:40 am

lassassinblanc wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:05 am
CIH wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:08 am

Wouldn't call him a winger or a defensive midfielder more of central midfielder, attacking mid though he is very capable in either.

Decent playmaker , good passing and vision and is comfortable on the ball.
This is what we need. Could be a upgrade on Shelvey? At least he already has a ''winning'' mentality as Sporting were excellent this past season winning the Portuguese title & only 22 so there's potential value there.

On Rose.. I would prefer Jetro tbh. Rose had flashes of quality with us but was lacking match fitness & was below par for most parts.. doesn't look the same player he was when in his ''prime'' with Spurs. Then you gotta factor in his age.. he's 30 with his injury issues & has lost a yard of pace too so he'll only keep declining steadily.. could see him going somewhere less physical & fast like Seria A or Ligue 1 with one of the top sides there would suit more his tempo now. Jetro is 27 and still got a couple good years ahead of him if he stays fit so I'll defo pick him over Rose.

Decent article on the Chronicle talking about which relegated sides' players we should look at. Pereria of course being one of them & arguably the best out of the bunch. Diagne could be a worthy back-up/deputy to Wilson & a perfect Carroll upgrade/replacement. Yokuslu is tall, strong & physical & comfortable on the ball.. could be a upgrade to Hayden/Shelvey? Harrison Reed similar option in the middle but there's better options like Lemina & Anguissa who were more impressive & are more what we need (athletic, mobile box-to-box playmakers). If we can't get Ajer then we should at John Egan wouldn't be a bad option as a Lejune replacement & Andersen at Fulham was impressive this season so could be a replacement for any of the departing CB's we could have this sumemr (Lejune, Clark / Schar, Fernandez). John Lundstrum is on a free now after being released by Shefield United.. decent box-to-box with a good passing range. Serger Berge would be great.. but we have stiff competition with Arsenal, Tottenham, AC Milan all sniffing around him.

We need quality over quantity. I'll be happy with Jetro, a ST/winger/attacker (Pereria, Armstrong, Rondon?), CM (Gallegher, Anguissa?) & CB (Ajer, ???).

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:21 am

friend in know says ajer head been turned by norwich after verbally agreein with us. shockin that. shows u its all about money at end of day. even if we do end up gettin him is obvs y hes come cos we'll hav offered more. that said this is ashley so who knows