f uck tha police
f uck tha police

Re: Newcastle v saints

Post by Toondes » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 pm

lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am
Toondes wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:21 pm
Chelsea have just been shafted by VAR too. Never a pen never mind a sending off.
By rules of the game it was a red card, he stopped the ball going into the net by using his arm.

Also I actually think James knew what he was doing he makes a scoop motion with his right arm and pushed the ball away.

Both decisions correct.

In terms of ourselves holy God we were woeful. Really is going to be a long season
But I thought the rule was that if it deflects onto an arm then it's not a pen. Also don't get why the referee was only shown a still in the VAR monitor rather than the full replay
# stolen from nufc.com :)

UlversToon
Argentina (Messi)
Argentina (Messi)

Post by UlversToon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Remember that favourable start to the season that looked quite promising <urgh>

1 point from 3 games, 8 conceded, 4 scored, 3 penalties conceded, out of the league cup to Burnley <urgh>

Man U (with Ronaldo) and an attacking Leeds side next <laugh>
Not that it means anything but from those 3 corresponding games last season we took 6 points and we were still in the League Cup at this time.

Sanchino
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant
http://thesaurus.com/browse/redundant

Post by Sanchino » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:54 pm

UlversToon wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:36 am
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:32 pm
Don’t even care. Under Bruce and Ashley what’s the point.
Me too, can't even be bothered to be disappointed anymore and it actually hurts me to say that.
This. The apathy is real. <urgh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:26 pm

It’s not even a new feeling <awe>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:05 pm

same. y invest so much of myself iunto sumthin every week only too feel like i did yday. until ashley goes iv decidd im nt gonna watch anymore of our games. if im oot or with a mate or sumthin then i wil bt not on my own, wats point

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:06 pm

il still watch highlights n obsess over it tho lol

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Toondes wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 pm
lassassinblanc wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 am

By rules of the game it was a red card, he stopped the ball going into the net by using his arm.

Also I actually think James knew what he was doing he makes a scoop motion with his right arm and pushed the ball away.

Both decisions correct.

In terms of ourselves holy God we were woeful. Really is going to be a long season
But I thought the rule was that if it deflects onto an arm then it's not a pen. Also don't get why the referee was only shown a still in the VAR monitor rather than the full replay
Not if it denied a goal. Also as I said James scooped his arm towards the ball.

This is also what the ref was shown initially, the last thing he viewed was a still yes of the ball making contact with his arm.
I'll Hazard a guess

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:40 am

yeh nt sure myself

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Is it bad that I'm just grateful we enjoyed an exciting second half of football. We played lousy in the first half, better in the second, and frankly I don't really think Southampton played that much better (not that that's saying anything). Felt like a fair result and I've no confidence about the season to come. Really wish we had mobile CM that pops up everywhere disrupting and dictating play and protecting our fragile backline.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:00 pm

From what I’ve listened to on various pods etc it sounds like it would have been an underserved win and the first half we were awful.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:00 pm
From what I’ve listened to on various pods etc it sounds like it would have been an underserved win and the first half we were awful.
I hope you're listening to various football podcasts, and not several Newcastle podcasts - otherwise you're a real glutton for punishment listening to that much depressing content about us.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:00 pm
I hope you're listening to various football podcasts, and not several Newcastle podcasts - otherwise you're a real glutton for punishment listening to that much depressing content about us.
Haha yeah!

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 am

Now we have torn ourselves to shreds, I thought that Salisou at the back for Southampton was a beast, looked a really top player, the only one who done him on Saturday was Joelinton I think, Wilson and ASM struggled, though with ASM he still looks a bit rusty imo, he's not the only one to be fair.

gola
ASM's Gucci Headband

Post by gola » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:49 pm

gd shout that m8

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:20 pm

Don Sholeone wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:02 am
Now we have torn ourselves to shreds, I thought that Salisou at the back for Southampton was a beast, looked a really top player, the only one who done him on Saturday was Joelinton I think, Wilson and ASM struggled, though with ASM he still looks a bit rusty imo, he's not the only one to be fair.
I did think it was ASM's best performance of the season. A little more reliable on the ball, a bit more pace in the open field. Still not always confident in his decision making or timing of his finishing.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 pm

The one thing that concerns me about ASM is that he'll probably be found out quite quickly, he always does the same move.

Actually two things concern me about him, the second being that it's only a matter of time until he's injured again <laugh>

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:33 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 pm
The one thing that concerns me about ASM is that he'll probably be found out quite quickly, he always does the same move.

Actually two things concern me about him, the second being that it's only a matter of time until he's injured again <laugh>
I mean, this is his third season now, so the evidence is there now for scouting. There are plenty of attacking players who made a career out of having just one move, but you need to have the pace, guile and overall skill to get yourself in positions to use that move effectively. It doesn't help that he's one of only 1 or 2 players in the entire side you have to really stop with the ball at their foot.