Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 pm
What's Ronaldo alleged to have done? Completely missed that one. Can't be any worse than Mendy or Glyfi <laugh>
He's alleged to have raped a woman in Vegas shortly after his Real Madrid transfer. He's confirmed to have given her a payoff to stop participating with police, but police there reopened the case 9 years later and wanted to pursue a conviction, but the district attorney chose not to. Der Spiegel did a lot of reporting on it - keeping her identity quiet for a long time until she eventually came forward. They released some confidential documents between he and his legal teams where he confirmed she repeatedly refused consent (his legal questionaire gets into the specific details...).

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:06 pm
And the doubters said we wouldn’t sign anyone…

<laugh>
Straight into the U-23s and never to be heard from again.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:55 pm

overseasTOON wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:49 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:06 pm
And the doubters said we wouldn’t sign anyone…

<laugh>
Straight into the U-23s and never to be heard from again.
Allegedly an up-to £3.5m loan fee... we must be pretty confident in his potential (though presumably it only gets close to that number if he plays for the first team a lot).
I had the first custom w***

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:59 pm

Obvs not going to happen but it's fun pretending briefly.

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:15 pm

Moving for the sake of it 🤣
I'll Hazard a guess

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:23 pm

Tbf I’d turn down the chance to play in a relegation scrap under Bruce.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

lassassinblanc
Netherlands (Gini)
Netherlands (Gini)

Post by lassassinblanc » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:24 pm

We're still in for Choudary and a cb supposedly, but very much playing poker with a bad hand bluffing our way into a deal I think.
I'll Hazard a guess

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 pm

Don't give me hope, you bastards.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 pm

We won’t be doing anything, it’ll all be smokescreens to make it look like we tried…
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:26 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm
Bodacious Benny wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:32 pm
What's Ronaldo alleged to have done? Completely missed that one. Can't be any worse than Mendy or Glyfi <laugh>
He's alleged to have raped a woman in Vegas shortly after his Real Madrid transfer. He's confirmed to have given her a payoff to stop participating with police, but police there reopened the case 9 years later and wanted to pursue a conviction, but the district attorney chose not to. Der Spiegel did a lot of reporting on it - keeping her identity quiet for a long time until she eventually came forward. They released some confidential documents between he and his legal teams where he confirmed she repeatedly refused consent (his legal questionaire gets into the specific details...).
These stories are sometimes true, but do you really believe a player like Ronaldo, as good looking as he is, really needs to rape anyone?
To me it sounds like a digger who thought this is a chance to make some more money the next day, and of course it's smart if you're soul-less, and there are quite a few of them. Probably also the reason why nobody talks about it, sounds like bs all the way to the bank!

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:42 pm

Luke Edwards on the Telegraph deadline day live blog:
Exclusive: Newcastle still on hunt for two loan signings
Luke Edwards writes

Newcastle United are trying to complete two late loan deals in the form of Marseille’s exciting French midfielder Boubcar Kamara and have also revived their interest in Leicester City’s Hamza Choudhury.

Tension has been running high on Tyneside all day after the club briefed before lunchtime that they had concluded their transfer business for the summer.

That was thought to have come as Leicester were asking for too much for a loan fee for Choudhury, but have since returned to the table as the player is desperate to make the move.

Some late pressure from manager Steve Bruce has also led to a rethink and talks are ongoing as they race to complete negotiations and paperwork on both deals.

Kamara is a France Under-21 international who has been heavily linked with Newcastle for several weeks without much appearing to happen in terms of concluding a deal. The 21-year-old has mainly played as a defensive midfielder but can also drop into the centre of defence.

Whether both players arrive before the window remains shut but sources have told Telegraph Sport that there is confidence at least one new player will be confirmed before the deadline.

Meanwhile, Sweden international Emil Krafth has rejected a move to Fulham as he wants to remain in the Premier League.
Sounds like Choudhury will happen, Kamara unlikely.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:45 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:26 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:12 pm

These stories are sometimes true, but do you really believe a player like Ronaldo, as good looking as he is, really needs to rape anyone?
To me it sounds like a digger who thought this is a chance to make some more money the next day, and of course it's smart if you're soul-less, and there are quite a few of them. Probably also the reason why nobody talks about it, sounds like bs all the way to the bank!
Do you really think good looking people don't assault people?! I don't want to get into a big debate about this, but history is made up of rich, powerful, good looking people who take what they want and aren't used to hearing no. There are countless examples of good looking celebrities or normal, real life people who are guilty of rape and sexual assault. Now did he certainly do it? I'm not necessarily saying so, but that he's too good looking to rape someone is a ridiculous counter, and direct quotes from him in his legal team's secret files like "But she kept saying no. 'Don't do it' -- 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards." and "She said no and stop several times." are pretty damning...

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:45 pm

Any private jets booked for Marseille to Newcastle?

overseasTOON
Uruguay (Nunez)
Uruguay (Nunez)

Post by overseasTOON » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:48 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:45 pm
Any private jets booked for Marseille to Newcastle?
Or any breast shaped automobiles containing Chris Kamara?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 pm

I'm sure we'll just host his medical in a [googling French fast food chains...] Quick.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:58 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 pm
I'm sure we'll just host his medical in a [googling French fast food chains...] Quick.
Let’s just go for Pret A Manger - sounds french.

Captain Obvious
Drunk Control
Drunk Control

Post by Captain Obvious » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:09 pm

Lookman has signed for LCFC, perhaps meaning Choudhury is without a squad berth..?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:12 pm

Captain Obvious wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:09 pm
Lookman has signed for LCFC, perhaps meaning Choudhury is without a squad berth..?
Not sure why they got rid of Gray and then ended up with Lookman. Both very similar quick and nimble wingers with potential but need to start showing it regularly (Gray has started the season very well at Everton).

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:38 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:45 pm
Oval85 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:26 pm

Do you really think good looking people don't assault people?! I don't want to get into a big debate about this, but history is made up of rich, powerful, good looking people who take what they want and aren't used to hearing no. There are countless examples of good looking celebrities or normal, real life people who are guilty of rape and sexual assault. Now did he certainly do it? I'm not necessarily saying so, but that he's too good looking to rape someone is a ridiculous counter, and direct quotes from him in his legal team's secret files like "But she kept saying no. 'Don't do it' -- 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards." and "She said no and stop several times." are pretty damning...
You take what I said out of context. I don't believe THIS story. You can have your own opinion of who you believe, because the fact is, nobody will ever really know, would they.

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:44 pm

In non-rape news, Saul Niguez looks to be signing for Chelsea so may open up an exit for Ampadu (not that I think he'd really improve us even if we were interested).