Darlow on COVID

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Darlow on COVID

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58486106

Sounds like he had it rough. Glad it convinced other players to get the jab. We have 4/5 hold outs. Who do you think they are?

I'd guess at Jonjo
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Re: Darlow on COVID

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:54 am

You'd guess there might be an element of 'I won't get it' or 'even if I get it I'll be fine' as there is amongst the normal population.

Impossible to guess who won't have it, but you'd have thought that the PL / FA / Clubs would have put heavy pressure on players to get vaccinated.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:06 pm

I've just recovered from Covid and my dad has been discharged today after 2 weeks in hospital, he had it severe and was also double vaccinated, for some people I think they would use that as an excuse to be anti Vax, but to be honest I see it as the difference between him being discharged and him being laid in a morgue. This virus is scary and I wouldn't wish it on anyone because you just don't know which way it's going to fall. The one thing I will guarantee anyone against it is, the potential this virus has is infinitely more scary than any of your concerns about the vaccine. So I'd urge anyone who hasn't been Vax to rethink your stance and seek some fair and balanced information to put to bed any concerns, this thing is real and is no joke.

Colly
Belgium (Lukaku)
Belgium (Lukaku)

Post by Colly » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:12 pm

Well said. Pleased to say I don't have a similar horror story, but I did watch the England v Germany game sat next to someone with COVID in his living room. He was very rough from the following day having contracted it days before, I had two negative LFTs and a PCR having had my second vaccination in April as an NHS worker. I know it's designed to reduce symptoms and evidence on reducing transmission is fairly new, but I like to think it did a job for me.

Don Sholeone
Brazil (Neymar)
Brazil (Neymar)

Post by Don Sholeone » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:30 pm

That's the thing, we both got it from someone who wasn't vaccinated yet (though not their fault) there is a good chance they wouldnt have passed it on if they were vaccinated. Also my sister in law and her mum both got covid (again both 2x vaccinated) from someone unvaccinated, they found out whilst on a family camping trip after feeling unwell, my brother who obviously had close contact with them for the whole trip didn't get infected.

Obviously I can only give anecdotal evidence but it seems the vaccine does do a great job in stopping it from being passed on.

Bodacious Benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by Bodacious Benny » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:31 pm

I have friends of friends who are seriously anti vax, seemingly basing most of their opinions around Facebook or Instagram.

I work in medical research managing trials, I just laugh to myself as there’s no convincing them and frankly, it’s not my job / position to try. Fortunately pretty much everyone I know and am friends with has had both vaccines.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?