Newcastle involved in payments to transfer fixers in 2011

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Newcastle involved in payments to transfer fixers in 2011

Post by Oval85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:56 am

Could this eventually put more pressure on Ashley? I bet that if there's any proof of this, it's allready well hidden in a valve somewhere in London.
I hope that this blows up into a huge scandal and the whole cardhouse crashes down. <whistle>

Colback's Orange Tufts
USA USA USA (Pulisic)
USA USA USA (Pulisic)

Re: Newcastle involved in payments to transfer fixers in 2011

Post by Colback's Orange Tufts » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:11 am

I don't think football cares about these kind of payments. Who will do something about it, the Premier League or FA? We won't be the only one I'm sure
Sharing articles no-one reads since 2012

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:17 am

That probably depends on how fishy this thing played out don't you think?

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:41 am

I suspect this is pretty common around football tbh.
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 am

Bodacious Benny wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:41 am
I suspect this is pretty common around football tbh.
It probably is. And obviously they are usually paid to shut up. Maybe Ashley forgot one of his bills.

Speedo
Not at 66-1, f*** that.
Not at 66-1, f*** that.

Post by Speedo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:04 am

Wasn’t this the HMRC thing that ended with no charges?
I had the first custom w***

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:22 am

Reminds me of when Dennis Wise signed Ignacio Gonzalez as a favour to a South American agent <urgh>
I'm the scumbag outlaw. You're the pillar of justice. Neither of us like looking at ourselves in the mirror. Do we have a deal?

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm

Agree with everyone that says this is common, and can be sure whatever peanuts we're involved in are nothing compared to clubs that have been outspending us. Plus, I wouldn't want any transfer bans coming down, because that doesn't punish Ashley, it punishes the club, and would only put prospective owners off more anyway.

Oval85
Veteran Poster
Veteran Poster

Post by Oval85 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Remember Colo wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm
Agree with everyone that says this is common, and can be sure whatever peanuts we're involved in are nothing compared to clubs that have been outspending us. Plus, I wouldn't want any transfer bans coming down, because that doesn't punish Ashley, it punishes the club, and would only put prospective owners off more anyway.
It doesn't sound like something they can put on the club though, and rather on the people involved in this.
Also, 10 years ago we were doing a whole lot more on the transfermarked than we have been the last couple of years.
Maybe the most fishy transfer though happened with a certain brazilian bought from Hoffenheim, maybe 10 years from now we will hear something about it <laugh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
It doesn't sound like something they can put on the club though, and rather on the people involved in this.
Also, 10 years ago we were doing a whole lot more on the transfermarked than we have been the last couple of years.
Maybe the most fishy transfer though happened with a certain brazilian bought from Hoffenheim, maybe 10 years from now we will hear something about it <laugh>
He did have a 1 in 2 record for us <whistle>
SpoilerShow
…after his first 2 games for us.

Remember Colo
Ancient Forum Relic
Ancient Forum Relic

Post by Remember Colo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 pm

Oval85 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:54 pm
Remember Colo wrote:
Most shady transfer dealings are shady within the confines of the football system, not necessarily the legal system. Look to Barca or Chelsea's recent transfer bans. And if it did come down on an individual, it'd be someone in the front office rather than Ashley himself - he's probably oblivious to how most things get done as long he's promised good value for money.

As for Big Joe, completely agree, definitely imagine there were some people pulling the strings behind the scenes to get us to stump up for that one. <urgh>

bodacious benny
Whiskey Business
Whiskey Business

Post by bodacious benny » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Wasn’t the rumour when we signed Boumsong from Rangers was it was some kind of favour from Souness to the guy who owned / Director at Rangers or something?